ASPHM Universal Carrier T16

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 22 лют 2009
  • La chenillette Universal figure également parmi les véhicules les plus typiques du second conflit mondial. Elle fut construite en Grande-Bretagne à partir de 1939-40, puis au Canada et enfin aux USA (version T16)... suite sur www.asphm.com/
  • Авто та транспорт

КОМЕНТАРІ • 9

• @neilwilson5785
    @neilwilson5785 5 років тому +2

Never get tired of Bren Carrier footage. Reminds me of Spike Milligan's war stories. He would go up to the O.P. in one of these, and lay comms wire etc etc.

• @ASPHM
    @ASPHM  15 років тому +7

Hi,
    it's an Universal Carrier T16 built in the USA by Ford and used on the european front.

• @madaboutbrens
    @madaboutbrens 15 років тому +3

its a Ford T16 not a bren, also used by Swiss armies after the war. you can tell its not a bren mainly by the two double bogeys, lack of steering wheel, and also brens have angled armour plate at the rear. very nice T16 though......

• @DickHolman
    @DickHolman 12 років тому

All dvances on WWI tracked artillery tractors, like Citroen, Vickers, Holt etc. Good kit in their day, the SDP Haflinger, quad-bike, & Haglunds are more recent examples of the tractor/carrier type.

• @michelringlet4902
    @michelringlet4902 5 років тому

"Jow jow"

• @joerockski
    @joerockski 15 років тому

why is this carrying US markings? did the US army even use bren carriers?

• @DansModelBench
      @DansModelBench 5 років тому

It's a T16 made in the US for lend lease. Main user of these were the Canadians, although there were others, including the Russians. That said I believe about 40 of these intended for the Canadians were requisitioned by the yanks in Hong Kong when the Japanese were advancing. Only ones that were used by them that I know of, but stranger things have happened.

• @barryking9002
      @barryking9002 3 роки тому

Apparently a British ship with some in it's cargo that was spouses to be delivered to Singapore that got diverted to the Philippines because Singapore fell was used by the us army in the defense there ( what doing I have no idea)

• @d-rob5513
      @d-rob5513 3 роки тому

It’s the allied marking for most vehicles in the ETO so yes it was originally for the Americans then all allies adopted it for there vehicles although the British did sometimes use RAF roundels on there vehicles too.