240v Mains Hook up Socket & Aerial / Satellite Socket Installation - VW T6

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 14 жов 2024
  • Installing 240v Mains Hook up Socket and TV Aerial / Satellite Socket on my VW Transporter T6 as part of my camper van conversion.
    Maxview B2008/A Twin Weatherproof Socket with F and Coaxial Connector - Anthracite
    www.amazon.co....
    Flush 240volt inlet box. Black
    www.kiravans.c...

КОМЕНТАРІ • 15

• @JOGGIS1229
    @JOGGIS1229 2 роки тому +2

Found this video very useful. Used a large diameter hole bit from the outside as my van is already boarded out with furniture fitted. Fortunately there is enough room behind the hole to fit the socket without having to remove any of the interior panels.

• @vocabswitch
    @vocabswitch 3 місяці тому

Hi. Great video and top job. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I have a LWB T6 and am moving the socket from under the front seat to this location. Problem is it is all fitted out so i have to make the hole through insulation etc.. how did you get the external measurements to drill through to the void and not hit any of the sub frame etc?

• @studiosys
    @studiosys 5 місяців тому

Why not mount it in the plastic bumper area below ? You can run the wire up behind light cluster and in thru the rubber grommet that feeds rear lights ... simples

• @IvecoCamper_
    @IvecoCamper_ 7 місяців тому +1

Do you insulate after you’ve wired it? Or did you keep it clear for space for the cables?

• @BobHoskinsVideos
      @BobHoskinsVideos  7 місяців тому

I had already Insulated the van with two layers of Thermo-acoustic 7-8mm Foam, and most of the cables were routed through plastic conduit tube.
      www.kiravans.co.uk/products/van-insulation-lining-self-adhesive-foam-with-foil-inner-surface

• @RussellOSullivan
    @RussellOSullivan Рік тому +1

Did you add silicone or was it adhesive like CT1 on the outside of the 240 inlet?

• @BobHoskinsVideos
      @BobHoskinsVideos  Рік тому +1

I used normal silicone, may be overkill to some but after the carpet, furniture etc is in, you don't want any leaks as you wont be able to get to the socket again.

• @johnphillips3935
    @johnphillips3935 4 роки тому

Perhaps use a large diameter hole saw from inside, less chance of damage to body and easier?

• @stevebrown6665
      @stevebrown6665 3 роки тому

Definitely a supported hole drilled with a hole cutter quicker safer and less chance of damage

• @BobHoskinsVideos
      @BobHoskinsVideos  Рік тому

I didn’t use a hole saw because the 240v socket is not round, it has flats on two sides, you could drill it with an oversized hole saw, but this would leave a chance of not making a good seal and water getting in to your van, a chance I wasn’t going to take but that’s just my thinking, Thanks for the comment.

• @stevebrown6665
      @stevebrown6665 Рік тому

@@BobHoskinsVideos
      To be fair I’ve always used a hole saw that matches the diameter of the rounded part on several vans and never had issues with water ingress

• @matthewchadwick4293
    @matthewchadwick4293 3 роки тому +2

That was useful 😂

• @sligomat
    @sligomat 3 роки тому

Is that a swb van?

• @BobHoskinsVideos
      @BobHoskinsVideos  3 роки тому +1

Thanks Mat, Yes it is a short wheelbase Van.

• @sligomat
      @sligomat 3 роки тому

@@BobHoskinsVideos Great thanks, I'm going to use your measurements to cut from the outside of my swb shuttle conversion, I can fish the cable through afterwards. Van finished, so adding the 240v as an afterthought.