FUJIFILM 27mm 2.8 WR + X-T5

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 7 вер 2024
  • Have you ever tried the most powerful compact setup made by Fuji?
    here my experience whith xt-5 and the new 27 2.8!
    I went to the carnival of Mamoiada, Sardinia, with only this combo, what a great choice!
    This channel is for those are into real life photography, lazy people always out of money... like me!
    mind to subscribe this channel and follow me on instagram, you will not believe but is for FREE!
    IG: / frankshouter

КОМЕНТАРІ • 39

• @gastonfg
    @gastonfg 5 місяців тому +2

It’s a super good everyday lens. On my XE4 for street stuff, on my XT4 for family stuff. Very trusty and reliable. 👍

• @frankshouter
      @frankshouter  5 місяців тому

This lens on the x-e4 should be a must! I’ve never tried the xe series but is my a dream… I would really like to try it . My dream is x-e5 with the new xtrans 40mpx and the 27mm ! And then doing only street pov videos with the iphone (a perfect path to end living under a bridge) 😂

• @fABIO-cs3un
    @fABIO-cs3un 4 місяці тому +1

I've recently bought the TTArtisan one, is almost identical to the Fujifilm one but it has a more pronunced vignetting, I've paired it with my X-S10 and bring it in my backpack when I'm riding my enduro mtb, super compact setup

• @frankshouter
      @frankshouter  4 місяці тому

Never tried, for mtb and skating i m using the xt2

• @Classical416
    @Classical416 6 місяців тому +3

I can't wait for my 27mm to arrive. I will be using it on the XT3. I thought about getting the X100VI. But I figured pairing the 27mm with the XT3 would give me a similar experience for a lot less.

• @frankshouter
      @frankshouter  6 місяців тому

I’ve been shooting with the xt3 for long time and is a great camera, almost all my prints came from xt2 and xt3, i guess for the price of the x100 is better to invest in lenses (i know that the x100 is beautiful but i m trying to be ractional 😂🫠)

• @zenstoodi
      @zenstoodi 6 місяців тому +1

The experience is not even near x100 series because it’s just different. I have xh2s, x100vi, x-t20 but I had x-t3, x-t4 this are really nice cameras. If it will be your only camera x-t5 and lens is always better choice. If you want range finder feel and second camera for fun, street, family photos x100 is good option but nos as universal as body + lens

• @frankshouter

@@zenstoodi this is a good observation! If you have the budget of course, but if you have to make a choice x100 i guess is not the first, as you correctly said! I have to admit that, when i had the x100f i used much more than expected

• @AlexZafer
    @AlexZafer 5 місяців тому +1

The Fujinon XF 27mm f/2.8 is a very difficult lens to come by. It's out of stock everywhere...for many months. I finally located one and it's currently being shipped to me. I cannot wait. I've been wanting this pancake for my xt30 as a low-profile light kit. It will be paired with my Ricoh GRIII for daily reportage and street photography. That will give me both a 28mm and 40mm that I can carry in a very small bag.

• @frankshouter
      @frankshouter  5 місяців тому +1

This combo seems great! Two small cameras alway with you! I bought the 40 some months ago, and i guess in italy here is still simple to find new.

• @WizardsDecision
      @WizardsDecision 5 місяців тому +1

I have the xt30ii + xf 27mm f/2.8 combo and it’s so much fun. It’s small enough to fit into my jacket pocket and I carry it with me everywhere.

• @frankshouter

@@WizardsDecision never tries the xt30 series. My dream is an xe4, but i guess is the same sensor, right?

• @WizardsDecision
      @WizardsDecision 5 місяців тому

@@frankshouter Yes from my understanding the sensor is identical. I think you’d get the same shooting experience from either camera with this lens, minus the differences in the body shape and dials.
      For me the decision was between this setup or adding an x100v into my toolkit - and I paid nearly 1/2 for this setup. I have absolutely no regrets!

• @StephaneBihan
    @StephaneBihan 5 місяців тому

Sure! Fuji power ;) I love the 18mm f2, little bigger but crazy good too

• @frankshouter

I really miss the 18mm f2, was my first fuji lens mounted on the xpro-1 ... I sold both and i curse myself every day for one of the greatest mistake of my life. But about the 18mm was ok on the first sensors, but on the new ones like the 40mpx xt5 is not sharp enough... will they build a new one?

• @Rios278
    @Rios278 5 місяців тому +1

I love the focal lenght, however the AF is very sluggish. But the size and IQ makes up for it.

• @frankshouter

Totally agree with you, being a compromise something must be a malus, like the af

• @dasIDS
      @dasIDS 5 місяців тому +1

@@frankshouter They MUST make one "perfect" lens, damn, Fuji such a great system and not one lens that is ideal for every day use. It has to be around 23-25mm f2 and the size of their 18mm f2 NOT bigger. Good AF and WR. Every fkn one Fuji lover will want it!

• @frankshouter

@@dasIDS would be a dream! But I don’t if is possible in that size 🤔

• @bill3117
    @bill3117 6 місяців тому +2

I'm very attracted to this lens,. But, I have a 23mm f/2. I wonder if the 27mm focal length would serve me better for street photography? Also, would the 27mm with lens hood be that smaller than my 23mm f/2 with lens shade??? I shoot with an XPro3. Great video! Very useful information!

• @frankshouter

The hood of this lens is super small. I would like to have a try with the xpro3! Don’t get me wrong but if you are used to the 23mm and you don’t feel too wide, I don’t know if loose some cm of is worth. Do u use to crop your photos a lot?

• @jrperezphotography
    @jrperezphotography 5 місяців тому +1

Thank you excellent, I’ve been tempted to purchase this lens but it’s always out of stock. I’m not interested in first version would like the second version with the aperture ring

• @frankshouter

Did you think to buy second hand or refurbeshed?

• @jrperezphotography
      @jrperezphotography 5 місяців тому +1

The used price market in the states is overpriced.

• @frankshouter

@@jrperezphotography how much is for a new one there? Here in italy is around 400€

• @YourBoyStevoVA
    @YourBoyStevoVA 5 місяців тому +1

Im thinking about getting this lens to go with my xt2

• @jmtphotographymedia
    @jmtphotographymedia 6 місяців тому +2

It's my favorite lens

• @frankshouter
      @frankshouter  6 місяців тому +1

Now it’s mine too, but what i coldn’t expect is such a power with the xt5, i make a lot of prints with my street photography and now i want to see in a huge format what happen! Do you use it on the xt5 too?

• @jmtphotographymedia
      @jmtphotographymedia 6 місяців тому +1

@@frankshouterI don't have the XT5....yet lol. But I use it on the XS10 and Xpro2

• @frankshouter

I guess on the xpro is such a beautiful looking combo

• @jmtphotographymedia
      @jmtphotographymedia 6 місяців тому +3

@@frankshouter oh yes it is. Its basically a better version of the X100 series. Weather sealed, interchangeable lenses.

• @frankshouter

@@jmtphotographymedia but with less hype 😂🤦 and a better quality, because yess the quality of the x100f (for exemple) is less tan xpro2 even with the same sensor! I had both

• @jds1145
    @jds1145 5 місяців тому +1

i am also a xt5 owner,seeking some tiny lens for every day use.I was considering xf27 and voigtlander 27mm.Voig lenses is quite expensive and with no af,even though sliver body looks sexy.On the other hand xf27 is said with ordinary image quality and loud af noise.Any suggestion?

• @frankshouter

This is hard, depends on the experience and use you are looking for. The Voig seems a great lens, and the feeling of manual focus is nice experience. BUT the xf27 is worth for its price, autofocus is ok (is a pancake of course is a compromise), about the image quality i didn't find any loss of definition. Are you sure a 27mm is the right length for you?

• @jds1145
      @jds1145 4 місяці тому

@@frankshouter i have to say that I love 23mm.On the other hand,it’s a little bit awkward when I using xf30mm.I’m not pretty sure if 27mm is the right choice.But the compact size really touch me.
      P.s 23mm is borrowed from my friend,and I have switched my xf30 to sigma 18-50

• @chriswalker6715
    @chriswalker6715 5 місяців тому +1

Are you using a filter with this?

• @frankshouter

I don’t like its cup, instead i m using a dirty uv filter. I take it off for clean images and i leave it for some moody blooming night shots.

• @chriswalker6715
      @chriswalker6715 5 місяців тому +1

@@frankshouter cool, thanks for the reply!