I've wanted this radio for so long // Jumper T15

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 13 вер 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 287

• @JoshuaBardwell
    @JoshuaBardwell  18 днів тому +116

Taking bets on how long until Radiomaster releases a version of the Boxer with large color touch screen.

• @gravity4514
      @gravity4514 18 днів тому +6

Maybe in time for christmas, but i think its going to be like extra 40 dollars.

• @slappomatthew
      @slappomatthew 18 днів тому +12

Should have come that way

• @maxsteal1982
      @maxsteal1982 18 днів тому +1

Those two holes are for upgrading antenna.

• @eduardopujol7111
      @eduardopujol7111 18 днів тому

2 months

• @chorchecze
      @chorchecze 18 днів тому +2

Hope RM will introduce something more in Frsky X18/20 style as Tx16s successor. Jumper T15 look great, but I`ll wait for Gemini version.

• @bjowitt
    @bjowitt 18 днів тому +6

Lot of comments on arm/disarm… I had an unpleasant accident when carrying a cinewhoop - I bumped the arm switch and a prop chewed a large lump out of my fingertip pad. I really like the in/out switch for arm/disarm. I find it absolutely safe and can arm/disarm quick enough for my needs.

• @NikitaShirokov
      @NikitaShirokov 16 днів тому +7

Use prearm. I use it everywhere exactly for that reason.

• @erikgroen6978
    @erikgroen6978 12 днів тому +1

Following you for years, and you brought me into FPV. Thanks for that! Love the dedication you have for the hobby and helping everyone out! A big THANK YOU!

• @jonaswalther9245
    @jonaswalther9245 18 днів тому +23

Using a 3-pos for arming is the best!
    You select Arm in the middle position and Disarm up and down.
    It doesn't matter and you push up or down in a panic situation and you disarm.

• @ooOoo.....
      @ooOoo..... 18 днів тому +4

Or disarm/arm/turtle

• @nikosystem1
      @nikosystem1 16 днів тому

disarm/pre arm/arm for Helicopters

• @LZWEHDKE
      @LZWEHDKE 16 днів тому

disarm / arm + airmode off / arm + airmode on

• @MysteryD
    @MysteryD 18 днів тому +26

The small form factor with full size touch screen was a no-brainer. Surprised no one's done it before. Tho I still love my tiny Tango 2 screen

• @puneethff4927
      @puneethff4927 18 днів тому +3

Yes same here
      Whatever radio I buy but my tango 2 pro is best for me

• @Dendrite1287
      @Dendrite1287 11 днів тому

@@puneethff4927 if they added trim buttons it would have been perfect

• @puneethff4927
      @puneethff4927 11 днів тому

@@Dendrite1287 yes that is one thing even I miss
      Every time ,whenever I have to trim it's kind of weird or isn't good to double tap the scroll button to the trim

• @AverageFPV
    @AverageFPV 18 днів тому +6

Thank you for the nice review! 👍🏽
    You can adjust the vertical and horizontal travel from the front without opening the radio. If you take the covers away (cosmetics) you will see screws for vertical adjustments and you can move the C-brackets for more/less horizontal travel. However, yes you need to open it up for spring tensions.

• @richardamiss7000
      @richardamiss7000 18 днів тому

This seems like an odd choice. After all, recalibrating to travel is possible in the software. It would seem that spring tension would be more desirable from the front.

• @ddegn
    @ddegn 18 днів тому +18

If you use a three position switch for arming, make it two position disarm and one position arm. When arming, we have plenty of time to get the switch to the correct position. When disarming, we want any movement of the switch to kill the motors.

• @TheBrennan90
      @TheBrennan90 18 днів тому +2

That's what I do. I have an idle up 2 pos and arm in the center of a 3pos

• @Greg__K
      @Greg__K 18 днів тому +1

I really wish that radios geared for FPV just gave us more two position switches. Like who needs six three position switches?

• @smithe68
      @smithe68 18 днів тому +1

@@Greg__Kthere is more to FPV then flying freestyle and only needing arm, mode and turtle mode switches. Some people fly other things like wings and long range quads and there are a lot of options, especially with INAV, that having a lot of of options is very helpful.

• @Greg__K
      @Greg__K 18 днів тому +1

@@smithe68 For sure, I just personally don't need a bunch of six position switches. It's clutter for me because I only fly FPV quads and don't use GPS.

• @smithe68
      @smithe68 18 днів тому

@@Greg__K I think it comes down to manufacturers saving money. Make a radio with a ton of switches and if you need them they are there, if not, they can be ignored. Making 2 separate radios with different switch layouts just costs them more money and they can’t have that lol. It sure would be nice to have a quality radio with a simple layout and the same radio with all the switches for those that need it!

• @Constancegrace001
    @Constancegrace001 18 днів тому +14

Once Jumper releases the T15 with their new CNC gimbal, it’ll be an instant buy for me

• @rebel_is_here
      @rebel_is_here 18 днів тому +7

Or if Radiomaster release a boxer with folding aerial and touch screen. Whichever is first, I'm in :)

• @Bucketheadzie
      @Bucketheadzie 18 днів тому +8

The company that releases this form factor with a folding antenna and cnc gimbal with a touchscreen first gets my business

• @vdz89
      @vdz89 18 днів тому

But what about Jumper's poor QC? I have broken quad just because Jumper T20 suddenly decided to die on me.

• @Bucketheadzie
      @Bucketheadzie 18 днів тому

I have had 2 Jumper T20s since release and haven’t had any issues with either. One gets thrown in a suitcase for travel every week too 🤷🏼‍♂️

• @LehtusBphree2flyFPV
      @LehtusBphree2flyFPV 18 днів тому

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAY BUT WE'LL SEE OF JUMPER IS READING THE COMMENTS

• @skyrotfpv
    @skyrotfpv 18 днів тому +3

The Boxer Crush also comes with the Radiomaster Sticky360 Stick Ends. That's basically another USD 15.00 included in the package. I personally prefer the simple screen for a longer battery life. The Boxer Crush simply rocks and is a close to perfect radio! 😊

• @shadai7398
    @shadai7398 18 днів тому +3

Good review. Couple of things I noticed seeing as I have one of these. First, those shoulder buttons are replaceable by actual switches... its one of the main reasons I chose this over the Boxer. Now instead of a latching switch I can have a proper switch which helps with disarming. The T14 switch conversion kit is what you're looking for. I have one on the way to mod mine. The holes in the top are mounting point for bigger antennas, not a big draw, but I'm sure someone will like it. Finally, the radio has adjustment screws in the front without opening the radio, not all, but the ones adjust throw. They are located under those plates you were talking about.

• @michaelburda501
      @michaelburda501 18 днів тому

Where did you buy the switch conversion kit from?

• @shadai7398
      @shadai7398 18 днів тому

@@michaelburda501 I found it on Banggood after searching forever for it.

• @shadai7398
      @shadai7398 16 днів тому

@@michaelburda501 I found it on Banggood. Can't link it but it's under Jumper T14/T15 Radio Transmitter Modified Rocker DIY Accessories. I believe I searched Jumper t14 switch and it was one of the results that came up.

• @aghasardjanto4752
    @aghasardjanto4752 16 днів тому +2

sir , at 25:26 , you can open jumper's screws and adjust the horizontal and vertical stick travels. just abit more screws to fiddle than radiomaster.

• @andrewy3711
    @andrewy3711 18 днів тому +12

What’s better full ag01 gimbals stock (150 alone) or an oled screen you interface with sometimes? Besides initial set up, I don’t spend a lot of time going through the menu. But when I fly, I spend a lot of time touching the sticks.

• @rja12
      @rja12 18 днів тому +1

Very good point. Probably why many are saying they'll buy it as soon as they release a version with AG01's

• @richardamiss7000

Depends on what you do. Some of us also fly Ardupilot and want the constant telemetry.

• @konradlindblad7860
      @konradlindblad7860 18 днів тому

I have a Jumper T20 with AG01 gimballs, it is probably possible to install them on this too, it just needs some modding to work.

• @sea_kerman
    @sea_kerman 18 днів тому +5

I hear with the boxer some people invert the bumper switch so out is armed and in is disarmed, so disarming is a single motion and happens instantly.

• @Paperjin
    @Paperjin 18 днів тому +2

If they are like the T14, the holes are for antennas and the shoulder buttons can be swapped for actual switches

• @marc_frank
    @marc_frank 18 днів тому +10

finally a touchscreen that's not recessed

• @richardamiss7000

Looks nice, but scratches?

• @marc_frank
      @marc_frank 17 днів тому

@@richardamiss7000 could be an issue, yes. screen protector? or gorilla glass victus 😅

• @S7ayHigh
    @S7ayHigh 18 днів тому +6

Let’s be honest: How often do you actually use the screen on your radio? As a stricte quad pilot, really? You use it once to set up the radio, and then everything happens through the goggles anyway. 🤪

• @smithe68
      @smithe68 18 днів тому +1

Strict quad pilot flying close, probably never outside of programming. Long range pilot, quad or wing using INAV, it’s a bit more handy for if goggles go out and probably some other reasons I can’t think of.

• @S7ayHigh
      @S7ayHigh 18 днів тому

@@smithe68 I guess I didn't express myself very well. I meant a freestyle quad pilot. Mostly.

• @S7ayHigh
      @S7ayHigh 18 днів тому +1

@@smithe68 Or to put it differently, for people for whom flying is the main focus.

• @S7ayHigh

@@smithe68 As a quad pilot who mainly focuses on freestyle, I’d personally get rid of even the trims switches. I think they’re unnecessary. All I need are the sticks and a few essential switches, nothing more.And that’s why the Jumper T14 seems ideal to me. Compared to the Boxer, it has a much better display and doesn’t have that extra six-position switch, which I also find unnecessary. They added it to the T15, but I don’t think it’s needed.

• @smithe68
      @smithe68 18 днів тому

@@S7ayHigh makes sense, and I agree with you. Barely need anything but sticks and a couple switches!

• @ooOoo.....
    @ooOoo..... 18 днів тому +2

A 3 position switch is the best for arming! Switch up is disarm. Switch middle is arm. Switch down is turtle and it arms at the same time so turtle is active. It's so nice to have one simple switch control all this and makes turtling so fast and easy.

• @dsc2383
    @dsc2383 6 днів тому

The gimbals can be adjusted by removing the silver plates on the gimbals. The adjustment screws are underneath.

• @BrandonBeans
    @BrandonBeans 18 днів тому +3

@10:05 in before Betaflight 4.6 "Auto Disarm on Landing" feature 😆So much fun to just come in hot and it disarms with no bounces when you splat down (its off by default btw)

• @nikotttin
      @nikotttin 18 днів тому

That’s a cool feature! Thanks for pointing to it Brandon :)

• @joelspangler
    @joelspangler 18 днів тому +1

I prefer 3 position switches for arm/disarm, with the middle position being the arm position. It's really easy to bump that switch either way to disarm without even thinking, but it's a lot harder to arm accidently when just carrying the radio. I fly fixed wings more than quads, and arming a 10-15 inch prop accidently can be a lot more scary than a 5 inch quad.

• @pfeerick
    @pfeerick 18 днів тому +1

Great review... nice to see the T15 getting some more love. :)
    16:48 Nope, they are for antenna connectors for if/when Gemini / GemX comes along... 18:05 But anything more than 5v 0.5A *is* fast charging! 😆2A is a good charge rate through... only take a couple of hours to charge if fully flat. I would *not* recommend using with a "fast charger", just in case something goes horribly wrong, and it decides to fry the handset electronics. This has happened to some people with a few different handset models. 25:24 There are vertical end stop screws under the plates above and below the gimbal ;) Everything else in internal though. 27:40... pull the battery out from the other side... (it's pulling again the lead) 😆Apart from all the things you mentioned (colour touch screen) with no bezel to get in the way, the customisable switches, and form factor of the T15, what I think is really good about it is the T14 is basically it's B&W equivalent, so Jumper have you covered for that form factor - so you can pick between that and the RM Boxer for that form factor. 31:30 That is undeniably true, but Jumper do seem to be working to improve on this, and have been providing good support to end users for hardware failures of late. But it also has to be said it is often a cheaper handset, so unreasonable for people to expect same build quality.

• @MCsCreations
    @MCsCreations 18 днів тому

Fantastic review, Joshua! Thanks a bunch!!! 😃
    That's a pretty tempting radio indeed!
    Stay safe there with your family! 🖖😊

• @pierluigizagaria
    @pierluigizagaria 17 днів тому +3

Quick tip, you can actually install the Jumper T14, T15 antenna to a Boxer without modifying any shell. The boxer air intake match the screw width and the two stock screw are enough to hold it up.

• @andyukraine
      @andyukraine 17 днів тому

Wow. Is antenna sold separately? No info on jumper website

• @andyukraine
      @andyukraine 16 днів тому

wow. is t14/t15 antenna is sold separately?

• @ooOoo.....
    @ooOoo..... 18 днів тому +3

16:49 @joshuabardwell the devs have said no provisions for addition switches or inputs. The two extra holes are for other antennas.

• @yakacm
    @yakacm 9 днів тому

Everyone face lights up when they power their radio on, it's the light from the screen that does it.

• @cajah1000
    @cajah1000 16 днів тому

Just received mine today think the right switch is going to be awesome for boost. Hope I'll like it coming from the smaller Xlite.

• @Greg__K
    @Greg__K 15 днів тому

There's a rumor that Jumper is working on some new CNC gimbals! Fingers crossed.

• @niklas950928
    @niklas950928 17 днів тому +1

Still jusing mine Qx7 with crossfire and Edge tx

• @xedoken
    @xedoken 18 днів тому +1

god damn first boxer crush and now jumper t15? dayuuum

• @S7ayHigh

I think the Jumper T14 is the most underrated radio of all time. If you install Radiomaster AG01 gimbals and throw in some large 5000 mAh batteries along with an ExpressLRS 1W built in module, it becomes an unbeatable number one for any FPV drone pilot. And let's not forget that sexy OLED screen!

• @vdz89
      @vdz89 18 днів тому

What abour Jumper's poor QC?

• @burntnougat5341
      @burntnougat5341 18 днів тому

​@@vdz89 it's supposedly getting better

• @GR33ZY.A1
      @GR33ZY.A1 18 днів тому

It already comes with 1w expresslrs

• @S7ayHigh
      @S7ayHigh 18 днів тому

@@vdz89 I've been using it heavily for over 7 months now, and it's been holding up great.

• @S7ayHigh

@@GR33ZY.A1 I know, I meant the built-in module. It was a typo.

• @stevehaynes2857
    @stevehaynes2857 18 днів тому

Mr Bardwell! I now want one of those!!! Thank you for a good review.

• @JohnIn2SonAZ
    @JohnIn2SonAZ 16 днів тому +1

Nice review! btw AddictiveRC is already almost sold out of the T-15's Great Radio!

• @Arthur4all
    @Arthur4all 18 днів тому

I am a long time user of OG Jumper T16 Pro, bought a Boxer some time ago and absolutely hated the 2pos switches and inability to swap them for for 3pos. This radio having 3pos switches is a major selling point for me and I`m very tempted to buy one right now. Top left switch is my arming switch, but with my setup it must be a 3pos and the one on the right definitely has to be a 3pos

• @ChrisQuadFPV
    @ChrisQuadFPV 18 днів тому +2

Free radio 📻😊

• @Toksuri1
    @Toksuri1 16 днів тому

This is my first fpv controller :D gonna watch your 'how to fly' series next!

• @stst8301
    @stst8301 18 днів тому +1

Ok,I was about to order this radio,but hopefully I realized that once your radio is set,that big screen is totally useless....

• @wrevenaugh
    @wrevenaugh 18 днів тому

Great video as usual Joshua, thank you. Got mine about a week ago and I'm loving it, the only problem I'm having is with the 6 position switch. Yes the new sub-functionalities are great, but they are prohibiting me from using them the way I did on my old tx16s. I want to utilize the 6 position switch for flight modes in Ardupilot and INAV, but the old "6P" switch is no longer a choice (like it was in the TX16s). Formerly, I could select the 6 position switch as an input or a source, then add a weight and an offset to make it select different PWM values in the range from 1000-2000. The only thing I can do now is select one of the individual switches in the row as opposed to the whole group of 6. I tried making all 6 part of a "Group 1" in the config screen hoping that I could then find a "Group1" as a source, but no luck. Is there any way you could make a short video on how to do this? I can't find a any documentation in the radio user manual or in the Edgetx manual that helps. Thanks again.

• @rundle6555
    @rundle6555 18 днів тому

@JoshuaBardwell Omg I'm so happy you made a video about this.
    I'm just getting back into FPV after a long time, and I just picked up one of these and got it 2 days ago. I freaking LOVE it.
    I was honestly worried you hann't made a video yet haha
    I was under the impression the Plug Holes we're for additional antennas, maybe I'm wrong?

• @VasylDemianov
    @VasylDemianov 17 днів тому

I use three pos switch for arming: center pos - ARM, other two - disarm.

• @ThedonnyLlama
    @ThedonnyLlama 18 днів тому

I agree with the arm and disarm switch I wish it was usual switch as well

• @Dorff_Meister
    @Dorff_Meister 16 днів тому

I have arm/disarm on the right side. I can see with a three position it would be fine, just put arm in the middle and disarm at up or down. Or turtle on down? I wouldn't put it on the shoulder buttons is too far away.

• @monami5201
    @monami5201 18 днів тому

That 3 position switch is positive, the fact it goes to a 3rd position is irrelevant. Back for disarmed and forward 1 or 2 steps for armed. It doesn’t take it any longer to operate. Plus you can do more with a 3 position than a 2 position.

• @RedAppleApe
    @RedAppleApe 18 днів тому

It is still interesting that you fly a handheld radio like a big ol Graupner MC24 pult radio

• @mrpreston8230
    @mrpreston8230 4 дні тому

I picked this gem up a few weeks back,, jumping down the rabbit hole with fpv here :)
    Have you found a version of the companion app that works with the T15??

• @MrMilio
    @MrMilio 17 днів тому

I barely use the screen, so the T20 is still the radio I would go for.

• @ko_fe
    @ko_fe 18 днів тому

Do you want checkers or go? There is little internal memory for yaapu map. We are waiting for something like this from the radiomaster.

• @mawi435
    @mawi435 16 днів тому

just bought the jumper, but still on the way to me, as I remember there is an ootion where you can change the button on the left with a pos switch and the 2 holes up there are for antennas...

• @commandos500
    @commandos500 18 днів тому +1

Is this radio's main selling point over T20 just a touchsreen? I've recently got myself a T20 and I am absolutely sure that once you set you radio for a multirotor you will never look at the screen again. That's also why I've never got TX16, and also one of the reasons why I switched wfrom TX12

• @WKfpv
    @WKfpv 18 днів тому

I believe the gimbal adjustment screws are below the front metal plates.

• @IggyBiggy
    @IggyBiggy 18 днів тому

I really love my pocket and the price is unbeatable. This is tempting though

• @ZhvavyiDron
    @ZhvavyiDron 16 днів тому

They say that the batteries fall out of the holder and the remote control turns off if you shake it well in your hands.

• @jasonmustang9039
    @jasonmustang9039 18 днів тому

Awesome just got the same exact radio as a second radio next to my tango 2 this thing's awesome you should do videos on how to update this particular model with different themes and stuff

• @S7ayHigh
    @S7ayHigh 18 днів тому

I saw Mad😊Tech's review of this radio, and I’ve checked out the internals. I’m 100% sure you can install Radiomaster AG-01 gimbals in it, just like I did with my Jumper T-14. That would make it a true GOAT, except for the battery life.

• @benixs90
      @benixs90 18 днів тому

@@S7ayHigh Thanks for your instruction for AG01 on the T14. I can confirm on the T15 is the same. 👍
      But Jumpers wire coloring ist confusing.🤔

• @vdz89
      @vdz89 18 днів тому

• @S7ayHigh
      @S7ayHigh 17 днів тому

@@benixs90 yes it’s true

• @ranudar5666
    @ranudar5666 4 дні тому

Thanks for the review. I'm waiting for an ELRS radio with internal antenna, momentary switch on the left side, normal trim switches and a boxer form factor.
    Is there one that I missed?

• @michaelnoardo3315
    @michaelnoardo3315 10 днів тому

shut up and take my money , i loved this radio mainly because my current radio is a Turnigy 9x

• @vasyltkhir263
    @vasyltkhir263 18 днів тому

9:22 "Bardwell why": reverse arm setting and warning for the switch (use unset as armed) . Will become instantaneous switch.
    But I agree, it might be ambiguous.

• @JoshuaBardwell
      @JoshuaBardwell  18 днів тому

Then if I don't fully depress the switch, the quad stays armed. Not sm improvement.

• @vasyltkhir263
      @vasyltkhir263 17 днів тому

@@JoshuaBardwellI think, you misunderstood me. I meant depressed equals armed, so not (inc. fully) depressed = disarmed.
      This is counterintuitive and bad practice, but still worth to be mentioned

• @eme4289
    @eme4289 15 днів тому

When is the Radiomaster version coming out? I’ll wait for that one. Their items are always way more refined and they use better quality materials that fit together better. Jumpers’ items always feel so cheaply made and don’t fit together well. Although maybe Jumper has stepped up their game now. Can anyone chime in.

• @thomasbergerot7649
    @thomasbergerot7649 18 днів тому

If only Radiomaster could do the same central button customization system on the Boxer in a software upgrade, it would be great 🙄

• @vdz89
    @vdz89 18 днів тому +1

Good radio. But what about Jumper poor QC? Previous radios T20 and T14 had relatively high return rate.

• @wallaguest1
    @wallaguest1 18 днів тому

next step, a company that uses a color Memory In Pixel (MIP) Display, like garmin watches uses, so its color + fully readable under sun light, unlike those super cheap LCD's old tech that need huge amount of backlight to be visible under sun.
    MIPs displays works also like a reflective monocrome LCD, meaning battery will last much longer.

• @TheLastTater
    @TheLastTater 18 днів тому

I don’t really need the color touch screen. Just sucks the battery down quicker

• @RobertoD91
    @RobertoD91 18 днів тому

Very accurate review, thank you!

• @andrewjamez
    @andrewjamez 16 днів тому

I want the T20 with the big touch screen

• @wesrgrant
    @wesrgrant 14 днів тому

I really wish the Radiomaster had better build quality. The plastic case on mine broke around the back handle and the mount for the thumbwheel. I don't misuse it either. The plastic quality just feels really cheap.

• @GR33ZY.A1
    @GR33ZY.A1 18 днів тому +1

I purchased T14 instead for 90 bucks.. I don't really care about the touchscreen. Bang for your buck for sure 👍🏼

• @Greg__K
      @Greg__K 9 днів тому

Same, but I'm having issues with one of the gimbals staying calibrated. How's yours holding up?

• @GR33ZY.A1
      @GR33ZY.A1 8 днів тому

@@Greg__K mines been good no issues yet. Try recalibrating

• @Greg__K
      @Greg__K 8 днів тому

@@GR33ZY.A1 Believe me, first thing I tried. It’s bad hardware. Even tried blowing out the hall with a little air, nothing changes.
      I’ve owned numerous radios over the years and never had a gimbal behave like this.

• @GR33ZY.A1
      @GR33ZY.A1 7 днів тому

@@Greg__K maybe you got a bad batch

• @gravity4514
    @gravity4514 18 днів тому +3

How the build quality? Are jumper known for bad quality?

• @rakr9334
      @rakr9334 18 днів тому +2

my t-lite was pretty bad. Gimbal - intern cables broke every few hours of usage and factory soldering was shit

• @chorchecze
    @chorchecze 18 днів тому

3-pos switch is ideal for arming and turtle mode together on one switch. But due the ELRS 2-pos arm channel limitation, you must do a little bit of EdgeTx programing voodoo 😀

• @backwoodsfpv265
      @backwoodsfpv265 16 днів тому

I have this radio and use arm on a 3pos and did nothing special

• @ChainsawFPV
    @ChainsawFPV 18 днів тому

I don't need the radio, I just miss watching Bardwell videos!

• @petrokemikal
    @petrokemikal 18 днів тому

IMO they missed a trick... I would have bought this radio if it had even just 1 slider on the side.. I prefer the smaller form factor radios for throwing in a bagpack, but I need a slider for my gliders for airbrakes.. Without a slider im sticking with the tx16s which is absolutely fine but a bit too big.. Ive already broken 2 swiches and had to replace them on it from trying to cram it into a bagpack..

• @jasonmustang9039
    @jasonmustang9039 18 днів тому

You can adjust the same and under the metal plates

• @rollinthesweets6147
    @rollinthesweets6147 18 днів тому

T15 is perfect especially for the price…selling my tx16s as it was a 4in1 anyway lol 1watt elrs with backpack and a touch screen interface is a no brainer idk why its taken so long tbh

• @vdz89
      @vdz89 18 днів тому

• @FREEDOMFPV84
    @FREEDOMFPV84 18 днів тому

I think i will stick with the crush i have the boxer now the crych has the ag01 gimbles on it to im a big fan of the boxer thanks for the review JB 👍👍👍👍

• @ScowlerJase
    @ScowlerJase 18 днів тому

I got one of these , it will be my daily driver until the Boxer gets a touch screen. Its a nice radio , but compared to a Boxer , it just narrowly loses out in the quality stakes. The switches are not nice - especially the shoulder ones ( I even had to move my usual arm switch from the shoulder to the front switch as I just cannot trust it to disengage properly every time. There is also something "off" about the gimbals - I had to add 10% expo to make them feel like my other radios. Apart from that , its a really nice radio for the price.

• @dingr
    @dingr 18 днів тому

I have been using my Jumper T15 full-time for a month now. I used to have my Arm switch (Arm towards me and Disarm away from me) assigned to a corner switch. But being a pincher, it is a little close to the gimbal and I have accidentally disarmed a few times in-flight (bad!!) with my knuckle. Sure I could reverse it (Disarm towards me). But I chose to move the Arm switch to the shoulder latching switch. There are a few unresolved problems I have encountered. Occasionally, the telemetry log file would be corrupted or truncated in the middle after a few minutes. Can't blame the SD card for this because there isn't one! Also, occasionally after power up, the touch screen does not respond to touch at all, requiring a power-cycle. These might be EdgeTX faults. Or maybe something with the TX hardware itself. Who knows?

• @WebMdp
    @WebMdp 18 днів тому

One thing that I don't like about RM Boxer is sht SD card and low quality SD card reader. I will be happy to buy boxer with internal storage of high quality.

• @RickLaBanca
    @RickLaBanca 18 днів тому +1

Wouldn’t that switch customization likely just be edgetx and other radios will likely get that?

• @JoshuaBardwell
      @JoshuaBardwell  18 днів тому +1

Unfortunately it requires the buttons to be wired directly to the mcu. It's not just a firmware fix.

• @RickLaBanca
      @RickLaBanca 18 днів тому

@@JoshuaBardwelli no was assuming other radios do that and just combine to one value. So it’s a nice advantage they have.

• @JoshuaBardwell

No, unfortunately they don't.

• @paweugiewicz5923
    @paweugiewicz5923 18 днів тому

There are versions with normal switches avaiable

• @notice_fpv
    @notice_fpv 18 днів тому

Jumper provides a kit to change out the shoulder buttons to switches. I also looked at the two holes on top of the radio but I don't believe they can be changed to switches... Though I can't find confirming information at the moment

• @mawi435
      @mawi435 16 днів тому +1

they are for antennas

• @tabajaralabs
    @tabajaralabs 18 днів тому

Switches: just a matter of days to have this option in all EdgeTX radios. Oh the wonders of open source

• @JoshuaBardwell

Unfortunately it requires the buttons to be wired directly to the mcu. It's not just a firmware fix.

• @richardamiss7000
    @richardamiss7000 18 днів тому +1

Seriously!? Boxer size with large color touch screen and then they F up the gimbals. Guess I'm still waiting for someone to get this form factor right to switch from my TX16s.

• @suhasfpv
    @suhasfpv 18 днів тому

Is Radiomaster pocket crush video coming.....?

• @forkbombfpv
    @forkbombfpv 17 днів тому

lets be honest, how often are you messing with that screen? once everything is set up I rarely find the need to use the screen for anything. Changing channels on my hdzero tinywhoops is really the only time I usually need to look at the screen.

• @GrimSpeedFPV
    @GrimSpeedFPV 18 днів тому

Man I like this radio and want to get into elrs. Will this radio run frsky R9 external module protocol? The reason I ask is cause I would like to leave all my frsky stuff in current quads and start buying new quads with elrs.

• @jacecruz
    @jacecruz 15 днів тому

Hey Joshua, first of I want to say thank you for all the years of info you've provided. You have definitely saved me a lot of grief. Anyway, I'm having a I want to bang my head against the wall moment. For some reason, my flight controller won't connect to my Windows 11. I've tried updating drivers and installing stm32 software and all, but honestly, I don't know how to use it. What's funny is that I have a Surface Pro laptop that connects just fine with the FC, but not my gaming, overpriced pc running W11. Please help me. (FC is a Speedybee F7 V3)

• @jacecruz
      @jacecruz 15 днів тому

I forgot to mention that I also used Impulse RC driver fixer, and it didn't work 😢.

• @olacfpv
    @olacfpv 18 днів тому

Great review, as usual !

• @MrBumbles2
    @MrBumbles2 18 днів тому

may be my new heli radio

• @xymaryai8283
    @xymaryai8283 18 днів тому

its the engineering that just make RM better than Jumper for me, the T14 was good, but RM added better usb ports, better this, better that, more support, no engineering issues. same with the T-lite. i just don't trust them to do it right, but i trust RM to nail it.

• @TFD_FPV
    @TFD_FPV 18 днів тому

Cool Thanks

• @mcdjacedad7359
    @mcdjacedad7359 18 днів тому

hi josh i flown a fpv with a spektrum dx6i, fun to get all my channel and endpoint to work ok.

• @sdfsdf421df
    @sdfsdf421df 16 днів тому

the 6pos is nice! Question: as jumper15 is edgetx shouldn't this be available (soon) also for boxer?
    well I definitely don't see this option in version 2.10.1 nor in release notes of 2.10.2/2.10.3. Can someone explain, if it's possible that boxer can get this in future or not? - it is possible to 'write' this using logical switches, BUT without support for background light... If it's not coming soon, I will probably use it anyways replacing light with custom sound :)

• @LehtusBphree2flyFPV
    @LehtusBphree2flyFPV 18 днів тому

10:55 we need a new Bardwell radio addition

• @vadymresmin
    @vadymresmin 16 днів тому

What do you think about China ban export of number of goods and components for UAV?

• @janisbrivvirs2528
    @janisbrivvirs2528 18 днів тому

I have it, and i love it

• @Booster388
    @Booster388 18 днів тому

Now I need to get one

• @SebastienChedalBornu
    @SebastienChedalBornu 18 днів тому

I'm vaccines from jumper too many quality issues on several radios. So no go for me. I'll wait for the equivalent boxer upgrade.

• @wehttamak
    @wehttamak 7 днів тому

have they fixed quality control ???

• @MaxMorfiX
    @MaxMorfiX 9 днів тому

I thought boxer had fully customizable 6-position switches as well...

• @agespin
    @agespin 12 днів тому

Joshua, how long dose it take for you to reply to someone?

• @shredproductions2178
    @shredproductions2178 18 днів тому

would you be able to put the original dji air unit into the Beginner DIY FPV Drone Kit - QAV-S 2 Joshua Bardwell SE 5” - HD Ready?

• @gregorydahl
    @gregorydahl 18 днів тому +1

Does it have sbus output for homemade jr bay modules