January 8, 2019 4/ Installing Transmission Housing, Flywheel, Clutch on Kenworth t680

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 7 січ 2019
  • LongHaul Larry P.O. Box 92 St.Cloud, WI. 53079
    Lhl820@yahoo.com
  • Розваги

КОМЕНТАРІ • 254

• @CCscott
    @CCscott 5 років тому +22

I’m just impressed with the collection of specialized tools you’ve acquired not being a full-time mechanic. Your skills are impressive too btw. Doesn’t smell like China!

• @banzaii6285
      @banzaii6285 5 років тому +2

He use to make a living as a truck Mechanic...hence the knowledge and tools : )

• @cameronforeman1043
    @cameronforeman1043 8 місяців тому +2

Larry is the last of a dying breed. A real truck driver and he literally just changed his own leaking rear structure. I don’t think any drivers work on their own trucks anymore. Awesome job man!

• @LongHaulLarry
      @LongHaulLarry  8 місяців тому

Thank you for the compliment 🙏

• @richardwood9309
    @richardwood9309 5 років тому

Reminds me of when I used to work on the big Uhaul trucks and replacing the clutches on them. Excellent video Larry! Good to have you back.

• @cghern75
    @cghern75 5 років тому +1

Good Morning, Larry. Another one of my favorite kind of videos you do. Thank you, and hope all is good!

• @anthonygriffo5338
    @anthonygriffo5338 5 років тому +3

Larry excellent work. Bossman sure be happy he got you on his team watching you is like watching my father work on engines. He was an auto and truck mechanic brings back good memories

• @weaverkevin5462
    @weaverkevin5462 5 років тому

We'll done Larry as always. I liked your reply from video from video before this one. Self taught and grew up on a farm that's the way to learn. We need more people in this country like you. Have a great day Larry.

• @bobtrucker1272
    @bobtrucker1272 5 років тому

Thanks for the video Larry! I'm impressed, imagine if you had a truck shop to work with, you could perform miracles.

• @danielellington8407
    @danielellington8407 5 років тому +1

Nice Job Larry. You make it look so simple when I know it’s not. My hats off to you.

• @Jesse-le9bh
    @Jesse-le9bh 5 років тому +2

Great job Larry. You have the tools, ability, knowledge and a place to do the work. What a blessing to the bossman. Really enjoyed watching this video. Also, I like and agree with the statement on the back of your shirt...you are a leader. Anticipating the next video. Take care.
    Blessings

• @ekaterinarichman8537
    @ekaterinarichman8537 5 років тому +2

Kudos to you Larry. Awesome awesome video. You provided a rare glimpse into something I never would have otherwise seen. Thank you for that. You are a master at your craft; meticulous, deliberate and thorough. Keep it coming! and looking forward to your next adventure. From Long Island NY

• @papailaysa
    @papailaysa 5 років тому +2

Nice peace of work Larry, doing all this on the ground is real hard work! Respect man!👍🏼👍🏼

• @danielmeehan625
    @danielmeehan625 5 років тому +13

Uncle Larry has been working underneath Big Blueeee for so long,his beard is getting bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!...hahaha!!!!!!

• @elicerk5116
    @elicerk5116 5 років тому +4

Happy Tuesday Larry hope your having a great week my friend be safe out there keep on trucking and put that hammer down.

• @glennhunter7018
    @glennhunter7018 5 років тому +4

Good video again you do good work I like shop videos good to see you again be safe my friend

• @terrancejohnson6973
    @terrancejohnson6973 5 років тому +1

It's nice to see that you show people how hard it is to be a mechanic on semi trucks feng shui a whole lot more than a car torque converter doing it twice all mechanics do it keep up the great work can't wait to see you back on the road

• @brianking7203
    @brianking7203 5 років тому +1

Larry, I am so sorry for the loss of you dog may he R.I.P. I enjoy your videos very much thank You again stay safe. Brian King from Boston

• @kens.3729
    @kens.3729 5 років тому +2

What a lot of folks don’t realize is when you were an Owner/Operator, you make as many Repairs yourself that you can because those $’s are coming directly out of your pocket which equates to your profits. You obviously have a Lot of these Tools from when you had a Repair Shop. This is definitely a young mans job to Torque ALL those bolts so hopefully you didn’t Torque your Back making these Repairs. Loved the video. Thanks Larry!

• @LongHaulLarry
      @LongHaulLarry  5 років тому

Yep years of collecting tools, back is good

• @artj7676
    @artj7676 5 років тому +2

Dang Larry, you got me pooped out just watching you put the parts back in. Holly smokies, that was amazing a video!

• @timcollard6437
    @timcollard6437 5 років тому +4

Good job....I like seeing good mechanic at work... !!!!!!

• @LadyMarie880
    @LadyMarie880 5 років тому +2

LOL Larry you make me go back in time. When I was a kid, Dad would drag me to the shed to do / help him. That was what I was hold as he would fix everything he used on the farm After a couple of years of this stuff I would all ways say when some adult ask "what do you want to do when you grow up?" I would say work outside fixing thinks, not going to catch me in any kitchen washing dishes. They would laugh. but back then tractors were not that big but look big to me. If he broke down in the field I'd run to the shed get the truck put the tools in the back on the tail gate and off to the field I go . I was seven, at nine I broke my wrist couldn't drive so Dad had to, at 10 Dad cut two figures off in the saw ripping blanks from the saw mill so it was my turn to drive. Good think for back roads of the county. LOL Man you were tired. Yup you were pushing your self. Larry did you go to the house on your hand and knees. You were a hurten machine. till next time.

• @LongHaulLarry

Sounds about like my childhood, was a bit sore after

• @carolynjones6457
    @carolynjones6457 5 років тому +1

My legs and hips ache just watching you, ( actually I hurt my hips a few days ago, it will take a few more days before they heal,) having your leg go to sleep on way up to your hip does feel funny. Good mechanic work, it brings back a lot of memories of my first Husband working on his 1963 Cadillac. ( He had blown a valve right through a piston, trying to use Propane for fuel in an engine that wasn't set up for it.) You should have seen the piston, I have never seen one like it since, a friend of ours had talked him into doing it. I will watch the last video of this later, I need to get dinner ready. God Bless You. As always, safe travels. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• @edcorbin8576
    @edcorbin8576 5 років тому

Great video Larry thanks keep them coming 🤩🤩

• @workingmansrestorations7071
    @workingmansrestorations7071 4 роки тому

My seal is leaking on my 13 isx. Thinking about doing it myself. Thank you for taking the time to show us

• @nabilmarsheh8731
    @nabilmarsheh8731 5 років тому +2

Good job Larry. Hope no extra bolts left
    Safe trips 🚛🚛🚛🚛👋

• @shoey64
    @shoey64 5 років тому +2

Very impressive Larry. Jack of all trades.

• @cw3339
    @cw3339 5 років тому +2

Oh Magoo (Larry) you've done it again!
    Stuffing that trans back in really is a 2 person job, 1 to align, and 1 to push.

• @LongHaulLarry

Just more exercise running back and forth

• @iankerr1549
      @iankerr1549 Рік тому

I’m 6’3 150 lbs can do it no problem by myself. Anythings possible with mudflaps, prybars, and some wit

• @michaelseanroberts552
    @michaelseanroberts552 5 років тому +1

Awesome video as always, can’t wait to see the next one

• @samgoss8156
    @samgoss8156 5 років тому +1

Great video Larry, really interesting stuff.

• @retireddriver16
    @retireddriver16 5 років тому +9

Larry the ADL man of the year 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
    Keep any and all videos coming we love them all thanks and stay safe and get some rest 💤 💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

• @garycarlson8815
    @garycarlson8815 5 років тому +1

Larry, I'm very impressed with the amount of tools you have and the cost of them to say nothing about you knowledge you have balls to tackle this job.
    I hope you boss gives you a dat-a-guy for a job well done.

• @KB-gs8zi
    @KB-gs8zi 5 років тому +1

Sir Larry !! Again,,Nicely done & Thanks for sharing the videos with all viewers !!! You well deserved a vacation after that ordeal with ''BLUE'' !! KEEP IT SAFE !!

• @leonardbruckner8592
    @leonardbruckner8592 5 років тому +1

Very nice videos as I said before your the best and have a boat load of knowledge .You’ll never have to worry about putting food on the table or a roof over your head with your hands on attitude. Be safe.

• @grilledmortal4096
    @grilledmortal4096 5 років тому +2

Good call on new pipe. !!!!
    Volvo pipes rot big time.
    Have had to do coolant pipes and all new AC lines and even evaporator and heater core in the bunk here. 1000 Stories in 40 yrs.
    Hammer down LHL. NICE WORK!

• @LongHaulLarry

Yep fix it when it’s easy to do it👍

• @odairtaveira5675
    @odairtaveira5675 4 роки тому

Hard work! Outstanding job!!

• @jayhambrick
    @jayhambrick 5 років тому +1

After watching you, Im glad I chose cars to work on! Lol! I've been working on cars for the last 35 years and I dont think I want to work on trucks. Am thinking about changing careers and driving them! Keep up the great videos and stay safe!

• @wb6she
    @wb6she 5 років тому +1

Very interesting to watch, thanks again Larry..

• @bobmcl2008
    @bobmcl2008 5 років тому

Quite a challenge. Good job!

• @williamsmith2804
    @williamsmith2804 5 років тому +1

Now that is hard work! Working in tight quarters and cold!

• @WearySteerer
    @WearySteerer 5 років тому

All this work and the boss man might end up getting you a new truck.

• @garyfrank8366
    @garyfrank8366 5 років тому +1

Good job Larry, your back must have been killing you by the time you were done. You deserve a vacation after that.

• @beckster181
    @beckster181 5 років тому +5

The theory for clicking the torque wrench twice is that all bolts have some elastic qualities and when you torque them down they will back off a slight amount after you reach the correct setting and will end up slightly under torque specs by clicking the wrench twice you are setting the spec setting the first time the couple of seconds you relax off it allows thus elastic reaction to take place and then when you click it a second time you are just resetting it to correct spec torque setting I was once told the difference depending on type of bolt hardness is as little as a foot ounce or as much as 1 or 2 foot pounds. This is why most motors when you are replacing head gaskets etc tell you to torque then in 2 or 3 stages so for example you will torque to 70 ft/lbs then 90 and then 110 this to allow the bolts to stretch between stages and to allow elastic adjustments in the bolt to occur. Hope this helps anyone wondering why this is not only good practice but should be always done with any torque spec bolts.

• @connork5339
    @connork5339 5 років тому +2

Another great video Larry. I think a lot of guys will double click the torque wrench just to verify the bolt is tight and that the socket isn't binding against some other adjacent surface and that it is firm on the bolt head.

• @leupold4089
    @leupold4089 5 років тому +1

Hi Larry, nice job!!!, I can see you have the right tools and patience to do the job right, no Mickey Mouse-in here for sure. Quality American tools.

• @hungary191296
    @hungary191296 5 років тому +1

Hey there Larry. I also double click the torque wrench like that. I do it to confirm that I'm where I need to be. I had one time where the bolt caught on something and the pressure gave a false reading. Went back on all to check them again and it went further to correct torque. After that I did it double like you did to make sure.

• @clinthochrein888
    @clinthochrein888 5 років тому +1

Impressive, nice work Larry 👍🏽👌

• @firehousetrucker2317
    @firehousetrucker2317 5 років тому +1

Impressive Larry you really know your stuff brother.

• @Pete-from-Tn
    @Pete-from-Tn 5 років тому +3

I remember when you had the video up. That showed John delivering the pipe. It was on the right rear drives. And you showed the trans was out in it.

• @Joseph-wc7sx
    @Joseph-wc7sx Рік тому

Just came across this video man good stuff. One thing I want to point out to maybe help u is that instead of doing the whole out of round checks all u need to do is make sure the bottom of housing is flushed perfectly with bottom of block. If those two are flushed you’ll be alright 👍🏽. I’ve done a lot of these and have never had to check out of roundness like this

• @anthonywalker4001
    @anthonywalker4001 5 років тому +1

awesome vid!!! you make it looks so easy!

• @LongHaulLarry

It is pretty easy just Gotta do it a few times

• @cprtrain
    @cprtrain 5 років тому +1

Interesting. Amazing skills. Work safe!

• @beamer8083
    @beamer8083 5 років тому +1

You got an up close and personnel relationship going on with Big Blue. 😁

• @scottvandersluis1208
    @scottvandersluis1208 5 років тому +1

Larry I need work on my pickup truck!!!!! You're a good man for doing that!!!!!

• @OhioTravelswithKris
    @OhioTravelswithKris 5 років тому +7

Good video Larry!

• @joseontiveros9057
    @joseontiveros9057 3 роки тому +1

Happy new year.

• @96chevydually6.5L
    @96chevydually6.5L 5 років тому +3

Nice job Larry

• @troysalen1426
    @troysalen1426 5 років тому

Clutch and trans alignments always a pain. Can't imagine doing it on a big rig. Done a lot of vehicle work(engine, trans,rears) laying underneath. We call that barnyard vehicle maintance. Great job doing it yourself.

• @cliffordsbee
    @cliffordsbee 5 років тому

Great Job Larry.

• @SIRO1953PR
    @SIRO1953PR 5 років тому +1

Don't know what else to say, just that I'm very impressed.

• @Dougkingsr
    @Dougkingsr 5 років тому

Good video Larry.

• @laborops
    @laborops 5 років тому +1

Larry. Your video is very interesting.

• @CentreTWSP
    @CentreTWSP 5 років тому +5

I always click my torque wrench twice too.

• @jfman22345
    @jfman22345 2 роки тому +2

I love how he cuts out all the fighting it so no one can see how difficult it really is to work on these

• @mikemissel7785
    @mikemissel7785 5 років тому +1

Larry you are the tool man and I know BigBlue will go faster down the road now

• @jamesleake2121
    @jamesleake2121 5 років тому +1

Another good video Larry very interesting any upcoming mechanic should watch your videos they might learn something and become a good mechanic I have watched some mechanics and when using the torque wrench I have seen them double click

• @derekweavers1883
    @derekweavers1883 5 років тому +1

Very impressed Larry

• @kayseifert7168
    @kayseifert7168 5 років тому +1

I really hope that black rubber hose that was just above your head was not that important because it was all kinds of wore out, but you are mostly done now so guess we will find out in a later video..Thank you for sharing was just so great..😀👍☕️

• @paulbernardi5625
    @paulbernardi5625 5 років тому

A lot of work. Hope you’re being compensated for your time that you have into this!

• @rickt4552
      @rickt4552 5 років тому

He gets paid by Bossman....

• @andrewcomments5812
    @andrewcomments5812 5 років тому +3

I think a nice relaxing bath or shower is in order after that! Maybe a couple Ibuprofen too!

• @ookalleoo
    @ookalleoo 5 років тому +1

good job larry 👍😍

• @loadedtrucker447
    @loadedtrucker447 5 років тому +1

Another cool video!!

• @normangallant9879
    @normangallant9879 5 років тому +1

Wow that is quite the job

• @stromboli2131
    @stromboli2131 10 місяців тому +1

Thank you! Just saved me from pulling a trans.

• @jaihil
    @jaihil 5 років тому +1

Great Work 👌🏼

• @jimmyjohnson1452
    @jimmyjohnson1452 5 років тому +1

Larrys shirt says it all

• @donaldswink6259
    @donaldswink6259 4 роки тому +1

For as much money you save your boss in repairs he should give you big blue.

• @paolozanconato3665
    @paolozanconato3665 5 років тому

Good job Larry

• @scottcoleman4310
    @scottcoleman4310 5 років тому +1

Good video

• @0366Turbo
    @0366Turbo 5 років тому +1

Much respect.

• @andrewdominguez4115
    @andrewdominguez4115 5 років тому +1

Good job 👏

• @hisgriphasme
    @hisgriphasme 5 років тому +7

Holy Smokies!!!! I bet Boss Man is glad you are with him to do all this mechanic work! AMAZING!!! How much would a job like this usually run at a shop? 👨‍🔧

• @banzaii6285
    @banzaii6285 5 років тому +1

Great job ! I do as much as possible. Brakes, axle seals, yoke seals, remove and replace stuff, I'd have to pass on pulling the transmission : )....I would pay you to work on my truck if I was near there : ), see why some jobs cost so much, might not mind if the mechanic got most of the $...Be safe...

• @bobwatson1162
    @bobwatson1162 5 років тому +3

Bossman should get you a new heater for your garage... Take care of your back...

• @nutterdutter7396
    @nutterdutter7396 5 років тому +2

Larry the mann

• @redneckrebel3099
    @redneckrebel3099 Рік тому +1

Read through all the comments and I can't believe no one has pointed out how hard your making the last part of the job on your self... Put the clutch on the transmission then bolt it to flywheel through the access hole once it's in. There's no struggle stabbing her in if you do it this way.

• @LongHaulLarry
      @LongHaulLarry  Рік тому

I do thing’s properly, specially for something important and you don’t want to mess with much. There is no way to properly torque unless you turn the engine 180 degrees every torque. It’s really not that hard to do it right👍

• @ScottDLR
    @ScottDLR 4 роки тому +1

So there's no locating dowels? That's bizzare!
    Good vid. I'm going to be helping a buddy change the clutch in a Kenworth T300 and this was interesting.

• @LongHaulLarry
      @LongHaulLarry  4 роки тому

The clutch Jack has a locating pen in the center

• @Torsee
    @Torsee 5 років тому

Damn those flywheel bolts took it out of you!
    Bet your glad to be rid of that job.
    Interesting videos.

• @adamrfloyd
    @adamrfloyd 5 років тому +1

Larry, go fix JBGs TV. He taped it to the TV mount instead of mounting it correctly with bolts. Keep up the great videos!

• @dw-nb2zh
    @dw-nb2zh 5 років тому +2

If JBG had to install all this, he'd just start a GoFundMe to hire someone.

• @ronzo9377
    @ronzo9377 5 років тому +3

That kind of work will make you old very quickly

• @anthonygriffo5338
    @anthonygriffo5338 5 років тому +3

The double clicking ensures proper torque

• @rickt4552
    @rickt4552 5 років тому +2

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING . ..thank you for posting I'm really enjoying the project ...IS that newly installed pipe all tightened down?????,

• @fullofship1828
    @fullofship1828 5 років тому +5

I sure hope help in near just in case something goes wrong.

• @LongHaulLarry

Are you saying I need one of those necklaces I can press and yell out help I’ve fallen and can’t get up like on tv😂

• @fullofship1828
      @fullofship1828 5 років тому

no just someone there just in case a jack slipped, wrench flew off and hit you......ect.....@@LongHaulLarry

• @Vater1
    @Vater1 2 роки тому

So if the main seal leaks it would leak through the bell housing and the clutch housing correct?
    There’s no way for the rear structure seal to leak in the bell housing right ?

• @beamer8083
    @beamer8083 5 років тому +2

Larrrry , someone proposed to you in the first video. 😆😆😆

• @rickhicks3477
    @rickhicks3477 5 років тому

Good job Larry. Why is Johnny not helping u. He rides for free. Like I said before the seals are easy to replace it is getting to them that is hard.

• @ivankillins8407
    @ivankillins8407 5 років тому +1

Great!

• @danapitman2269
    @danapitman2269 5 років тому +1

Like a Muncie 4 speed-only bigger. What do the flywheel bolts torque to. Looks like you were really straining. Excellent video. Thanks for recording it.

• @LongHaulLarry

Trying to remember, think it was 195

• @RampFisha
    @RampFisha 2 роки тому

do you have to remove oil pan to support the engine?

• @milan1969
    @milan1969 5 років тому +1

I would have thrown a dab of paint on each bolt that was torqued to spec but otherwise another well done job.

• @LongHaulLarry

I had my tablet up showing patterns so I didn’t miss one

• @petermurrell5221
    @petermurrell5221 5 років тому +1

Ok Larry. You must get a lot of aches and pains