1975 Alfa Romeo T33/12

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 10 лип 2013
  • Hear the glorious sound of the Alfa Romeo flat 12 screaming around Laguna Seca Raceway. The Championship winner car driven by legendary Derek Bell is a sight to behold. Enjoy the experience!
  • Авто та транспорт

КОМЕНТАРІ • 44

• @mikegan73
    @mikegan73 6 місяців тому +2

Always nice to see and hear these old race cars in action.

• @checkeredflagfilms
    @checkeredflagfilms  Рік тому +3

Sad to learn of Joe's passing back in 2021. Great guy with a true passion of racing Alfa Romeo. RIP

• @ffreddie
    @ffreddie 8 років тому +6

I began to watch this video because of the beautiful Alfa Romeo, and i finished to love the passion that this old men are putting in their lives. Sorry for saying old, in reality they are teenagers.

• @thomasciul8932
    @thomasciul8932 4 роки тому +3

Nothing upsets me more than seeing old rich guys owning and driving those fantastic machines. Hay grid off a pound of gearbox for me

• @checkeredflagfilms
    @checkeredflagfilms  11 років тому +3

Appreciate your comment and pleased you enjoy the clip!

• @cyfacrider2008
    @cyfacrider2008 9 років тому +2

Wonderful thing keeping these cars active and driven. I went to Watkins Glen as a high school kid in 1976 for the 6 Hours, but by then the Porsche 936 and 935's were dominating and the Alfa and Ferrari prototypes were out for various reasons. The Alfa Romeo race cars are true things of beauty and do indeed inspire the imaginations of young people. Therefore are very much worth preserving.

• @alineharam
    @alineharam 10 років тому +7

I am so impressed by the good quality video, and the absolute excitement you convey in the driving, speaking, and hearing the Alfa Romeo with screaming in its own voice--I think I hear it speaking to you, Mr. DiLoreto. I hear her speaking your name!

• @YuriBruschi
    @YuriBruschi Рік тому +1

A great video, I love Italian cars, I'm Italian and I signed up now. Grazie, ciao.🍀

• @checkeredflagfilms
      @checkeredflagfilms  Рік тому +1

Hi Yuri, glad you enjoyed the video and thanks for subscribing!

• @TheFokker03
    @TheFokker03 9 років тому +1

what a fantastic line up of old classic racers.i bet this lots worth a few million bucks.

• @bobbynobrain
    @bobbynobrain 9 років тому

Beautiful, brutal race car! I've just bought a scalextric model of one, so now I shall imagine the sound of that engine as I whizz around my miniature track! So important to keep cars like this running and racing for all to see - thank you

• @Racemike1
    @Racemike1 11 років тому +2

Fantastic video of a sensational car ! I like it !

• @kirkconway
    @kirkconway 10 років тому +2

Hi Joe, I remember seeing you at the Queen Mary Concour's in early 80's
    My Mom and dad were with me in the ship that morning as we came up from san diego to see the concour;s the next morning, I heard something reallly loud and raspy and when i got out there it was the TT-12 starting up with you in it and picture taking,
    always liked alfa's and the race cars in particular,
    nothing like that flat 12 on song.
    incredible.

• @jorgeboudet6942
    @jorgeboudet6942 2 роки тому

Great racing

• @MILTMINTERJR
    @MILTMINTERJR 8 років тому +3

My dad drove Ottos' T33 at Laguna in the Can Am 1973..Cool video!

• @checkeredflagfilms
      @checkeredflagfilms  8 років тому +1

+MILTMINTERJR Good to hear and I'm pleased you enjoyed the video. Your father had a very celebrated and lengthy career! There are a couple of Porsche videos here as well. Plus, as you're probably aware, this year is the 50th anniversary of the Can Am Series. Hope you'll be attending one of the many tribute events. All the Best.

• @MILTMINTERJR
      @MILTMINTERJR 8 років тому +2

Heck ya..Ty for your comment.. means a lot to see his career and historic racing being recognised..your videos are awesome..ty

• @RobertKarlBerta
      @RobertKarlBerta 3 роки тому +2

I was there! Old ALFA fan for years....had a 1969 spider round tail that I kept for over 40 years (the one I drove toe the 1973 event) and SCCA raced a 1967 ALFA GTV in mid 70s in B Sedan. Now have a 2015 ALFA 4C Launch Edition bought new. ALFAs are a wonderful marque. I loved the old Can Am and remember all the cool experimental cars back than....from the vacuum cleaner Jim Hall Chaparral, the 4 WD- 4 engine snow mobile powered car, first AVS Shadow, one with a GMC blown dragster boat engine complete with zoomy headers. Of course some like the above (not the Chaparral) had bad or poorly executed designs.....but remarkable period of race cars.

• @checkeredflagfilms
    @checkeredflagfilms  10 років тому +1

Thank you Aldo Garbellini for your kind comments!

• @ml1610
    @ml1610 8 років тому +8

Great Video of a great sports car , The owner can drive but not the Alfa t33 he needs to learn how to down shift and stop killing the clutch as much as the gear box, My good friend Andy Newell from the UK or the great Derek Bell should show him how it is done. Sedan drivers show there faults.....

• @lukemaney645
    @lukemaney645 4 місяці тому

The Ferrari's at the Long Beach GP in 1977 and 1979 sounded just like this T33.

• @checkeredflagfilms
      @checkeredflagfilms  4 місяці тому

Thanks for your comment. yes, similar but not quite. the Alfa has a certain harmonic flat 12 kicker that, in person, delivers a unique resonance.

• @TobyMcVinn
    @TobyMcVinn 7 років тому

really cool trailer

• @mrerasmo1985ms
    @mrerasmo1985ms 10 років тому +2

when he change gear it looks like turbocharged engine. I love flat alfa engine

• @alvez9811
    @alvez9811 9 років тому +8

The problem is that having so much money gives the right to a certain kind of people to believe they're real good at the wheel... but it's not so easy even if you're a millionaire.

• @ramblingadventures
    @ramblingadventures 3 роки тому +1

If you ever get near a racing line or figure out how to shift, it would be more interesting.

• @claudiobonis7420
    @claudiobonis7420 Рік тому +1

❤️

• @kikoorozco3510
    @kikoorozco3510 7 років тому +1

muy bueno, pero en el video solo sale uno que sabe lo que es exprimir al alfa , Derek Bell

• @jeffreyrumbold9363
    @jeffreyrumbold9363 6 років тому

The fanboy overalls :)

• @playmobil911
    @playmobil911 6 років тому +1

WTF this guy is doing with the car gearbox ???????????????

• @checkeredflagfilms
      @checkeredflagfilms  6 років тому

yes, there was an issue with the gearbox, note the repair that was being carried out.

• @spiritualcramp8000
    @spiritualcramp8000 4 роки тому +1

great cars, Bell is legend, but on my mind, when i see the screwdriver..... VALENTINO ROSSI motocross style taking over the poor Stoner, who later got called Stoned ;D

• @checkeredflagfilms
      @checkeredflagfilms  4 роки тому

that was an epic pass

• @spiritualcramp8000
      @spiritualcramp8000 4 роки тому +1

@@checkeredflagfilms oh yeah man. i was with dad and we shared one of those moments when your jaw drops and only want to thank God for giving us a Vale to make this hard life something funny and magic for a little while.

• @francescolaurana4162
    @francescolaurana4162 3 роки тому +1

He doesn't know how to downshift, no surprise he has trouble with gearbox

• @ClaudeMagicbox
    @ClaudeMagicbox 3 роки тому +4

This guy has no idea of what he is doing, can't even shift FFS.

• @Memen60
    @Memen60 6 років тому +4

Poor gearbox! Very bad driver ... but beautiful car and girls... ;)

• @Davejf27
    @Davejf27 6 років тому

This is how it should be driven ua-cam.com/video/LURJgtS47jo/v-deo.html

• @richbonafede4546
    @richbonafede4546 10 місяців тому

Just because you have the scratch to buy this car.....doesn't mean you have ANY idea how to drive it😮

• @gothicpagan.666
    @gothicpagan.666 6 років тому +3

Good old boys having a good time. Besides, someone needs to keep the old gear box guys in business:)