Custom Computer Side Panel Precision T7810 T5810

Поділитися
Вставка

КОМЕНТАРІ • 43

• @TLOH7
    @TLOH7 2 роки тому +2

You can also consider the idea of using velcro in case you have a mechanical hard drive...but you'd need to paint a trim to match the color of your case to avoid the velcro to showing up from the inside. This is a very cool idea to try. Thanks!

• @onlyontuesdays99
    @onlyontuesdays99 2 роки тому +2

You can disable the chassis intrusion alert in the BIOS so you can skip the velcro hack and just unplug the sensor

• @justelynnnjoelle
    @justelynnnjoelle 3 роки тому +2

Wow that's pretty neat! Around 4 or 5 degrees for the CPU and 10 degrees with the GPU, those are some pretty decent results! Nice video as always, guys!

• @drpen3905
    @drpen3905 8 місяців тому +1

You could attach an additional case fan on the inside of the case to blow the hot air out. It’s what I did to mine and saw a 5 to 10 degree Celsius drop in overall gpu and CPU temperature.

• @scottlarock7924
    @scottlarock7924 Рік тому

Great video. Thinking on a 5820 build. Interesting in the temperature test that the FPS was higher with the stock panel.

• @Wheel333
    @Wheel333 3 роки тому +2

Or stainless steel would be cool. Looks great I love it. If you are using spinning disks you can get industrial velcro it is very strong. I have my mac mini help up under a table with four 25mm x 50mm pieces.

• @mecca6801
    @mecca6801 2 роки тому

Again, thanks for the help!🙏🏾

• @justinburker7526
    @justinburker7526 3 роки тому

Justin Burker
    I tried a smaller hack. I have the t5600 and use both my SATA ports for my ssd and hdd. So my optical drive just sat there. I took DVD player and the cover out and placed fiberglass screen from Lowe’s and cut it so it covers the slot.

• @Xgamerz_channel
    @Xgamerz_channel 3 роки тому

nice idea !! i keep my Z620 during summer uncovered !! may i think to make one with some fans attached to it

• @johnc7512
    @johnc7512 4 місяці тому +1

Do you have links where i could buy all the items to do this mod?

• @artavila7717
    @artavila7717 3 роки тому

Hey guys, would you recommend the i7 6800k for a Dell T7910 (it is compatible as far as i understand) instead of the Xeon you have listed in your webpage for this particular workstation? Thank u

• @wt862
    @wt862 3 роки тому +1

I can only install maximum three 3.5" HDD on T5810 which I plan to transfer to unraid NAS. If possible it would be great if you can share some ideas on adding more 3.5"HDD to the robust workstation

• @TheBupolo
    @TheBupolo 2 роки тому

What is the intrusion button?
    I just put in a 1070 into my Dell 1070 and it's too tall and I can't close the side panel without crushing the pcie power cables

• @jessethoe2351
    @jessethoe2351 3 роки тому

I got a Precision T5600 a few months ago, and just put a RTX 2060 Super in it. The card works great, but I'm def concerned about the lack of cooling options on this machine, especially with the dual CPUs and the heat from the gpu. The stock side panel becomes far too hot while gaming. This video gave me a couple new ideas, thanks for sharing!

• @onlyontuesdays99
      @onlyontuesdays99 2 роки тому

Be careful if you decide to try to change the CPU cooler out, because Dell has a unique mounting system for their motherboards and you may need to buy longer bolts from a hardware supplier for the new cooler to reach the motherboard

• @dp9550
    @dp9550 3 роки тому

you can disable the intrusion button in bios.

• @yacinebelatel8169
    @yacinebelatel8169 3 роки тому

Hello my friend please help me
    I want to buy a motherboard for the Dell Pricision T5810
    But there are two numbers: DP / N 0K240Y and DP / N OHHV7N
    What is the difference between them?
    What is the best choice between DP / N 0K240Y and DP / N OHHV7N ??

• @drpen3905
    @drpen3905 11 місяців тому +1

How’d you managed to fit the liquid cooling system to the CPU? Is it better than a dual fan noctuna fan like in the other videos?

• @alisohal8405
    @alisohal8405 3 роки тому +1

Can you show a tutorial on cooling for t5810 or try to water cool it
    Either transparent side panel with fan in the panel too
    Or a hack to plant a system fan in the back for the air flow
    As my graphics card is too big (5600 xt thicc 3)
    Or a way to mount it in the upper pcie slot by removing the CD rom bay
    It is in the bottom of the case and causes heat issues or I have to run the card fans everytime and my pc is on 24/7 as it's my need

• @GreenPCGamerscom
      @GreenPCGamerscom  3 роки тому +1

The T7910 Liquid Cooling heatsink does work on the T5810/T7810 Workstation. However, it will require you to remove the slimline optical drive.

• @drpen3905
    @drpen3905 Місяць тому

Also can you do this for the t7920?

• @BigBeefBurrito
    @BigBeefBurrito 2 роки тому

Could you achieve the same affect with drilling small holes in the original case side panel?

• @BeetleBuns
      @BeetleBuns Рік тому

you _could,_ but trust me when I say this is MUCH faster and easier. Unless you are a drilling god, you're going to mess up spacing on the holes, and it will take forever to drill all those holes. I make small enclosures for my juvenile tarantulas, and drilling the ventilation holes for those takes ages, and it's a much smaller area. I'd say if you want to retain the stock side panel but with better airflow, cut large holes in it and attach the material they used in this video inside the panel over the large holes. That could look really nice and be very functional if done right

• @mohmmedshahbaz3126
    @mohmmedshahbaz3126 Рік тому

The idea is great but had to deal with a lots of dust inside. Instead can you Suggest a different case for t5610 with better cooling.

• @BrianFromBoise
      @BrianFromBoise Рік тому

The problem with that solution is that the mobo and many of the original parts are proprietary (Dell is infamous for this). It's not an ATX design. I have seen some workarounds for this, but nothing ever fits like it will in the original case design. You're better off modding the OEM case, IMO.

• @darthbubba866
    @darthbubba866 3 роки тому

But you seemed to get lower FPS with the perforated panel. Any idea why?

• @GreenPCGamerscom
      @GreenPCGamerscom  3 роки тому

That could have caused by the game due to different times in the day. The FPS was not the main focus for this test.

• @edselmeister
    @edselmeister 3 роки тому +1

I thought you can turn off the case intrusion in the BIOS.

• @DrJackJeckyl
    @DrJackJeckyl 3 роки тому

Really real heating issues? Or just imagined ones? :)

• @GreenPCGamerscom
      @GreenPCGamerscom  3 роки тому +2

Yes, averaging over 80 degrees Celsius with the stock side panel was way too hot =)

• @DrJackJeckyl

@@GreenPCGamerscom Yeah... I got a T3500 that's behaved that way since 2009? It's run pretty much 24/7 in that time. I reckon the sensors are bonkers :/

• @GreenPCGamerscom
      @GreenPCGamerscom  3 роки тому

Possibly, it depends on the specs.

• @DrJackJeckyl

@@GreenPCGamerscom I have nfi. I just left it. The intake vents and side panel are ice cold to the touch, so... mnyeah

• @sumvanna1779
    @sumvanna1779 3 роки тому

hallo sir .i help usb boots PCIe adapter m2 ssd 970 Plu booot withe PC T3500 ?

• @GreenPCGamerscom
      @GreenPCGamerscom  3 роки тому +1

Only with a boot assistant like clover.

• @sumvanna1779
      @sumvanna1779 3 роки тому

@@GreenPCGamerscom i help windows clover

• @wt862
      @wt862 3 роки тому

@@sumvanna1779 I used clover to boot from nvme on a Z77 platform previously. Higher score compare with sata ssd but can't feel tremendous improvement. To be honest not really worth doing so

• @dp9550
    @dp9550 3 роки тому

It is not aluminum if it rusts, also magnets don't stick to aluminum.

• @a1m598
    @a1m598 Рік тому

Couldnt you just run it with the side panel off?