Small, practical Dethleffs motorhome : Globus T1

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 13 жов 2024
  • Please consider supporting me on Patreon : / alanheath
    I like the Globus T1 as I think it is small enough to be easy to park yet large enough to store everything a long term motorhomer is likely to need. Find out more in the video.

КОМЕНТАРІ • 27

• @TimmysFavs
    @TimmysFavs 3 роки тому +2

I really like the layout of the Globebus T1 it's a great motorhome for a couple or grandparents that want to take a grandchild? I agree with you 💯% about the positioning of the windows on both ends of the comfortable looking double bed. Presumably they are where they are to let in maximum light? If they were higher up it wouldn't be so much of an issue or they could've saved money by fitting only one? Overall the T1 is stylish, modern & contemporary & I like the look of it very much! Thank you for the presentation!

• @VanlifewithAlan
      @VanlifewithAlan  3 роки тому

Thanks for watching Tim. I was supposed to be going to Dethleffs to film next week but am having difficulty with them!

• @terrychapman6675
    @terrychapman6675 4 роки тому +2

Alan I mentioned it previously but the dethleffs pulse gt with the island bed is a fabulous little vehicle at only 6.9 mtrs we have now purchased one and love it. Listening to your likes an dislikes I reckon this is one that will be right up your street. Keep up the good work!

• @VanlifewithAlan
      @VanlifewithAlan  4 роки тому

I know the van Terry - I think I have video of it!

• @desdog861
    @desdog861 4 роки тому +3

Just ordered one, love the layout for such a practical size for a couple.

• @philipellis7039
    @philipellis7039 4 роки тому +1

My Hobby had a transverse bed with windows at head and feet. Used to bash one set of blinds or the other most nights. Ended up finding bolsters that were wider than the windows to protect them.

• @ptinio2
    @ptinio2 4 роки тому +4

Omg I could spend the whole day there and not even see everything. I would be a kid in a candy store 🍭.

• @MotoGoYo
    @MotoGoYo 2 роки тому

Just looking back at this video you did a year ago... Am I right in the guess that it seems that prices back then compared to now for these vans have almost doubled? Looking at these around 80k Euros with similar models now seem to be more like 150k Euros. Unless it's extras on the ones I'm seeing.

• @sybilyap7949
    @sybilyap7949 4 роки тому +1

Bee Keeping ??? You never fail to amuse me.

• @G-ra-ha-m
    @G-ra-ha-m 4 роки тому +1

It's interesting every brand seems to be owned by the same company. I knew Possl / Globecar was Dethleffs but didn't know they were also Hymer.
    The T1 was Ok but the layout was a bit odd, the need for a full length wardrobe isn't greater than kitchen drawer space, so they should have done as the Globescout and put the fridge in the lower part of the cupboard. Or actually as it is a coachbuilt and therefore square, in the upper part - so it's easier to use, then some nice big drawers underneath as there is already a wardrobe under the bed. I suppose wardrobes and lighter and cheaper.
    Then the rear side windows should have been fitted 225mm further up so they don't get kicked (like you said), and a small rear window fitted. On the head-side they could have fitted a small window to allow one to sit up in bed. Liked the 2nd big Trend, but by that stage I was wondering how anyone could possibly choose which van they needed in such a large selection!!

• @VanlifewithAlan
      @VanlifewithAlan  4 роки тому +1

No Graham, Possl manufacture at Dethleffs factory in Isny im Algau but it is a completely independent company. I presume this deal was set up around 2008 when the European RV sector was in big trouble.

• @G-ra-ha-m
      @G-ra-ha-m 4 роки тому +1

@@VanlifewithAlan Ah interesting, so they outsource the manufacture to Dethleffs?

• @VanlifewithAlan

@@G-ra-ha-m And not only .....

• @G-ra-ha-m
      @G-ra-ha-m 4 роки тому

@@VanlifewithAlan So I guess there are a few design house brands that hand over the nitty gritty building jobs to various companies. Figures I suppose as other industries do the same.

• @desdog861
    @desdog861 4 роки тому +1

Alan ,love the videos but when you point out that shelving at 1:40 and say there is a company that produces better shelf retainers i cant work out with your accent what the name is? sounded like Keepo? anyone help?

• @VanlifewithAlan

There you go, more information : ua-cam.com/video/ShR7V8DFxyg/v-deo.html

• @desdog861
      @desdog861 4 роки тому

@@VanlifewithAlan thanks mate!

• @brighton_dude
    @brighton_dude 4 роки тому +3

It is a good price and a very good layout for my purposes however the interior is so lacking in imagination or flair of any kind. Just because things are cheap doesn't mean they have to be dull. This is the problem where Dehleffs/Hymer are so frightened to offend anyone with the interior design that they end up just doing a really dull beige thing.

• @Johnlayne65
    @Johnlayne65 4 роки тому +2

What was the name of that company, keep?

• @VanlifewithAlan
      @VanlifewithAlan  4 роки тому

Kiipur?

• @Johnlayne65
      @Johnlayne65 4 роки тому

@@VanlifewithAlan Googling that didn't come up with those retainers?

• @tomminter8578
    @tomminter8578 4 роки тому +1

Seriously , I'm worried about this mans sanity! I think isolation is taking its toll?

• @chrislee1701
    @chrislee1701 4 роки тому +1

Isn't it a globebus or does it bring a lump to your throat? :-)

• @VanlifewithAlan

They use both words but I think Globebus is more common.

• @greenjacket66
    @greenjacket66 4 роки тому

sliding door

• @woesteloepi.
    @woesteloepi. 3 роки тому +2

It is flimsy in total! Way to expensive. Not Dethleff worthy.