DIY recumbent front wheel drive bike pool noodle back rest bolt up no weld similar geo Cruzbike T50

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 29 вер 2024
  • Sorry for the occasional off center video. Need to test ride the bike, should be good to go for a long ride right away, I don't see anything that could be an issue. My right hand (I'm left handed) is gout sore from what I believe is related to the massive vaccination they gave me on April 25 2021.
    donor bikes 2 at $30 craigslist
    fat bike fork 135mm axle spacing and pre drilled hole in bottom of steering tube for pedal/seat tube mount $50 Amazon
    1 1/8" headset $10 Amazon
    front wheel with disc mount $60 Amazon
    disc brake rotor $10 Amazon
    bottom bracket $10 Amazon (both donor bikes weren't usable)
    steerer extension $12 Amazon
    friction shifters $10 Amazon (donor bikes were indexed grip shifters, grip is an issue for me in my right hand)
    tires and tubes $80 Amazon (both donor bikes were in poor condition)
    pedals $8 Amazon
    pool noodle $5
    spray paint and hardware $30
    build cost $315
    if you want to buy a purpose built company manufactured one with similar geometry look at Cruzbike T50 for $2,650: cruzbike.com/p...
    things I already had: handlebar, grips, bar ends, cables, mechanical disc brake, levers, replacement wheel ball bearings, aluminum square tubing and angles, rack, seat, insulation and exercise pad. One issue is the asymmetrical rear wheel triangle in the symmetrical front fork, it's about 10mm off to the left of center, I adjusted most of that out to a couple of mm and stayed with spoke angles 7° and 13°. The spacing clearance of the small chain ring and disk brake can be managed with washers. I had to return exchange to a longer steerer tube extension and a short riser stem, that long adjustable stem allowed to much flex while pedaling. I have also laid the back rest down to 37° from 46° put on more padding and a head rest.

КОМЕНТАРІ • 8

• @binarumah
    @binarumah 8 місяців тому +1

Awesome build 👏

• @MrMILZEY
    @MrMILZEY 8 місяців тому

Great set up.Just goes to show with a little ingenuity and some patience you get yourself a cool bike.Well done man.

• @deltafour1212
    @deltafour1212 2 роки тому +1

Gorgeous! You have really inspired me to build one. You have video's showing you building these?

• @Scottslookingabout
      @Scottslookingabout  2 роки тому +1

I didn't do any build videos, I only had a few photoshop over lays of a couple of bikes on what to expect when I cut them up and bolted them together. The bike on the right is a Action Bent Brand manufactured bike, it is not a DIY. Only the bike on the left is a DIY, FYI.

• @deltafour1212
      @deltafour1212 2 роки тому

@@Scottslookingabout
      Scottslookingabout
      9 hours ago
      That's the one I like, is your DIY one on the left. Great welds! . Mig or Tig? Anything different you would do if you built another one?
      "I only had a few photoshop over lays of a couple of bikes on what to expect when I cut them up and bolted them together."
      Now that's one helluva an idea! Just letting you know, I am going to "steal" your idea. ;)

• @Scottslookingabout
      @Scottslookingabout  2 роки тому +1

@@deltafour1212 Ya! I took pictures of me sitting in a chair in a position I would be in riding a recumbent took pictures of the bikes I was going to use all in the same photo shoot session, camera on a tripod, bikes and chair I used to sit in all at the same distance, cut and paste everything up first in photoshop before making my first cut into metal. I did no welding, weldless, all bolt up. photo links: flic.kr/p/2nysgpw flic.kr/p/2njq7mY

• @deltafour1212
      @deltafour1212 2 роки тому

@@Scottslookingabout Pretty ingenius. How fast did she go and how well did she steer? Would you do anything different if you built another one?

• @Scottslookingabout
      @Scottslookingabout  2 роки тому

@@deltafour1212 1/4 mile stretch 120ft drop I had it up to 31mph but I could have smashed 5 more mph out of it but it gets squirrelly with the cranks on the front forks, technically challenging to smash the pedals at high speeds. For a bolt up assembly I couldn't ask for a better setup than this!