YAMAHA Input Selector Repair - ALPS VT148300

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 6 вер 2024
  • in this video i will show you how to repair the ALPS VT148300 Input Selector, used in Yamaha audio amplifiers such as AX-870, AX-890, AX-1070, AX-1090 and amplituners as RX-550, RX-570

КОМЕНТАРІ • 25

• @andysworld4418
    @andysworld4418 Рік тому +2

thanks to your the video, i have done it an easyer way! put the upper board ( which is above the selector ) to the right side (you have to remove some cables). now you have acess to the top of the selector.
    there are some hole in the case around the selector. now i have use a special tuner cleaner ( not wd 40 !!! ) spray and sprayed massivley in thoes holes und switch the selector during this process. after several spray and switching the selector, now it works flawless. the hole ting with cleaning the amp, tooks me about 20min! happy repair!

• @brettpottorff6456
      @brettpottorff6456 Рік тому

i'm having the same issue with the input selector. how is spraying contact cleaner working out for you? did the fix last?

• @andysworld4418
      @andysworld4418 Рік тому +1

@@brettpottorff6456 yes, it slove the problem!

• @HobbyElektronika
    @HobbyElektronika Рік тому

Nice material helped a lot, I fixed after someone and only thanks to you I quickly set the settings, thank you very much and best regards :)

• @psathas87
    @psathas87 4 роки тому +5

Thanks for your helpful video. Could you make another video showing how to disassemble the unit in order to take apart the input selector?

• @SnapSV
      @SnapSV 3 роки тому +1

I would like to see this as well! I have a yamaha rx-550 amp with the whole "scratchy audio" problem. this is a great repair vid, but I feel like it's difficult to detach this system without some soldering iron work.

• @madridzepeda
    @madridzepeda 5 років тому

Even so, your video is very useful to me, it is the most complete and best explained so far, so I will try to repair my yamaha based on your indications since I really like this amplifier, my only problem is that it is difficult for me to remove multipin components.

• @nivaldofurlan4260
    @nivaldofurlan4260 Рік тому

Great work. helped fix my Yamaha DSP-A3090. Thank you very much.

• @madridzepeda
    @madridzepeda 5 років тому +1

thanks for your contribution, I have the same problem with yamaha ax550, it's a pity that a lot of your work is outside the camera frame

• @rtfixit4279
      @rtfixit4279  5 років тому +2

Yes, unfortunately You are right- it was my first movie and i used weak camera. After i did all work and put records on my computer to mount it all together, i faced out how bad it is (including my comments) .
      Anyway hope that it will help a little bit for those who have similiar problem. My refurbished selector works great still 🙂 Cheers.

• @ruudversteeg2224
    @ruudversteeg2224 3 роки тому

Der is so much you do what I can see on your video

• @izzzzzz6
    @izzzzzz6 10 місяців тому

Hello. I had just repaired a RX-V630RDS but found i needed to clean the volume control which seems to be an encoder of sorts. However after replacing the front panel it no longer turned on, not getting the 4.8V from PRY on the processor. it swiches for a few seconds but i only get 0.05V i'm totally baffled, i had it working perfectly after replacing a 5V reg. (it's probably not been fired up in some time). Now it won't even throw the initialise relay on the stand by board. Voltage at the micro controller seems fine PSW is coming through, it seems it tries to start up but after receiving no signal from main psu section it shuts down again. disconnected PRY at the relay and it's not that pulling down any voltage, i'm wondering if the main ic /processor is getting enough power to be able to switch the 4.8V through to the relay. This is not the type of amp with the vertically mounted stand by board with ceramic c405 that goes bad, however it had a very low value ceramic in parallel with the relay and i changed it just in case. Is it possible that i might have put a slightly lower value in that i got some sort of back emf from the relay and it destroyed this PRY output channel of the processor? So gutted. It took me around 8 hours to find the fault so cleaning the volume control did not seem like a huge task.

• @reggaesoundcrew
    @reggaesoundcrew 2 роки тому

Bicarbonate of soda and vinegar, deoxidise very good 👍🏻

• @Banzai46ful
    @Banzai46ful 3 роки тому

Thank you friend! Your video helped me a lot in recovering my AX-890. How did you lubricate the contacts in the blocks after cleaning?

• @drlovalova
      @drlovalova 3 роки тому

Buy some PRF 7-78. Good shit!

• @marko2583
    @marko2583 4 роки тому

Great job!
    I have to repair the imput selector of my Yamaha a-cc5 with cracked motor's gear.
    I can't find the name of the selector, it's only signed Alps, someone know the model? Thanks from Italy!

• @madridzepeda

I want to ask you, if your yamaha still works correctly? In my amp the right channel made noises and lost the audio and I had to give it a little touch with my finger.So I opened, disarmed, dismantled, cleaned (very dirty contacts). It went very well two weeks and then the problem returned.

• @rtfixit4279
      @rtfixit4279  4 роки тому +1

Hello, it works fine so far.

• @businessparadise
    @businessparadise Рік тому +1

Void video, the framing is completely out of focus and the image is blurred ... In short useless! sloppy work

• @puciohenzap891
    @puciohenzap891 3 роки тому

This is nothing, the biggest nightmare are those push buttons that lock in place, my God whoever invented these should burn in hellfire...they have a tiny spring inside and good luck getting that back into place. I've managed to do 3 of these per day...

• @Tamir385
    @Tamir385 Рік тому

In what liquid did you wash it?

• @dogman_
      @dogman_ 8 місяців тому

99% alcohol

• @madridzepeda

Even so, your video is very useful to me, it is the most complete and best explained so far, so I will try to repair my yamaha based on your indications since I really like this amplifier, my only problem is that it is difficult for me to remove multipin components.