КОМЕНТАРІ •

• @MyView4You
    @MyView4You 5 місяців тому

I recently got a T2. It’s the third razor I own and clearly the best. Best shave, least irritation (none actually), all three razors comparing the same blades (Astra and RK).

• @gityerkneedahn
    @gityerkneedahn 2 роки тому +2

Good deal on these at Amazon right now, already discounted plus a bit more for Father’s Day, coming out just under $100

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому

Dang! That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing

• @beyproctor7673
    @beyproctor7673 2 роки тому +3

Well, this is encouraging while I wait for my T2 to arrive! I am planning to really enjoy mine too. Check out my logic. The T2 will be a good travel razor because there are no pieces to keep track of. I’m going to do it. Still, the four piece travel razor does look cool.

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому +2

I like your logic. You also get full flexibility with it for sure. I have a tough time holding it sometimes but that’s on me not on the razor. Most people love it so I hope you do too

• @adrian_V99
    @adrian_V99 Рік тому +1

An oldie but goodie, Greg.

• @robmiller54
    @robmiller54 7 місяців тому

You need to track the sorry A%Z Post Office, My deliveries are constantly messed up.

• @mayamachine
    @mayamachine 2 роки тому +1

Exactly what I wanted to see, I have the merkur 34c, love it, but want a adjustable razor. I wanted it a little longer and a tad bit wider head, more weight. You put them together, thank you.. yes pricey but it will be life long user.
    I only want 2 razors 1 as back up.
    I just bought the viking blades crusader ragnarr, used it 4 times, hate it at every setting 6 to 1, sending it back.
    I'll probably buy this Rockwell model T2 terminator, I mean razor.

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому +1

Haha! I have the Vikings Meiji and that’s decent but compared to the T2 I think Rockwell has a better product

• @МыколаНетребко
      @МыколаНетребко Рік тому

@@GregTardif Do you think any razor can be good and it's all about the technique? Or are some razors genuinely bad?

• @D4rkM4773r
    @D4rkM4773r 2 роки тому

Nice vid man. Thanks for sharing your experience

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому

Thanks for watching :)

• @marcusdavis5090
    @marcusdavis5090 10 місяців тому

I brought a brand new T2 SS which I was very excited to receive unfortunately I was very disappointed due to the fact that there was a major problem with the blade alignment on my new razor. The company I purchased it from kindly agreed to swap it over for another brand which I very pleased with. There seems to be a major adjustment issue with this model has anyone else had the same issues? Very disappointed considering the amount of money they charge for this model!!!

• @peterney2402
    @peterney2402 Рік тому

If you suffer from razor burn on sensitive skin then use a non perfumed soap and definitely stay away from after shave lotions, just finish with cold water wash.

• @GregTardif
    @GregTardif 3 роки тому +4

Did you get the Rockwell Model T2 yet?

• @linguaphile88
      @linguaphile88 3 роки тому +1

Yep, got mine. No complaints. I really like it for when I have 2 days of growth on setting 5. I have not had an issue with gripping razors. No matter the knurling, they always work well for me.
      That travel razor looks pretty nifty.

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 3 роки тому +1

@@linguaphile88 I think my major issue with gripping razors may stem from breaking my fingers multiple times in high school while playing football haha. The travel razor is a lot of fun. Should do a deep dive soon on it. Thanks for watching.

• @linguaphile88
      @linguaphile88 3 роки тому

@@GregTardif Yup, that'll do it. 😬

• @SachavanStraten
      @SachavanStraten 3 роки тому

Received mine two weeks ago. It's brilliant. I find it easy to grip and the heavy weight towards the top of the razor makes it easy to shave. Using a Personna Platinum blade I find it works effortlessly on a 3 or 2 setting. Using Gillette Silver Blue I can happily shave at a 4, then a 3. It's useful dialling it down to a 1 or 2 setting for the area nearest the base of my neck. The flexibility means I'm getting very close shaves on two passes. No cuts so far!

• @GregTardif

@@SachavanStraten that’s great! Obviously I’m enjoying it a lot too. I have the Merkur Futur but that one starts out aggressive (to me) and only keeps going. Maybe I should try it again, just for funsies.

• @MusicIsARainbow
    @MusicIsARainbow 3 роки тому +2

Any tips on how to shave a man’s face while he’s sleeping? Asking for a friend.

• @GregTardif

Be gentle

• @ChrisLael
      @ChrisLael 3 роки тому +2

Does anyone make a chloroform infused shave soap? 😬😁

• @MusicIsARainbow
      @MusicIsARainbow 3 роки тому +2

@@ChrisLael I think Greg reviewed that once.

• @GregTardif

@@ChrisLael all I can think of is Billy Madison now. “Chloroform…more like boreaform!”

• @wross5961
      @wross5961 3 роки тому +2

7 ounces of 100 proof whiskey?

• @MDR-hn2yz
    @MDR-hn2yz 2 роки тому

I’m super curious about how that PAA travel razor shaved!? It looks really cool.
    As a fellow wet shaving and hardware store bucket aficionado, you have earned my subscription. 😆

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому

We could be part of a bucket brigade now! Thanks for watching and bucketing and connecting. I’ll give you a quick update on the PAA travel razor. A few of the teeth on comb broke off after dropping it. So, I’m a silly goose for doing that 🤦‍♂️

• @wayneo5342
    @wayneo5342 2 роки тому

If I want to stay within this price range, is this the adjustable you would recommend? Great video, as always

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому

I think it's a fair price to pay for what it is. If you can find a preowned you may save a few dollars. What type of razors do you currently like?

• @josegrillet4949
    @josegrillet4949 Рік тому

UNA PREGUNTA QUE PAIS FABRICA LAS MAQUINAS ROCWELL

• @Anonymous81258
    @Anonymous81258 Рік тому +1

I bought a T2, The Knob is Really Tight tho, you gotta squeeze the knob pretty hard to grip and turn to open and close the doors, is that normal, all my other razors twist really easily.

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif Рік тому +1

This one is a bit tighter yeah

• @Anonymous81258
      @Anonymous81258 Рік тому

@@GregTardif thanks heaps man, I was a little woried it was a defect, I also love the shave, best shave I've had so far.

• @МыколаНетребко
      @МыколаНетребко Рік тому

Thanks for your question. I had a T2 that I bought from Rockwell that was easy to turn, but it started clicking after a while and felt like something inside was slipping. I exchanged it under warranty for another T2 that is a bit more difficult to open but no clicking with the new one. Now I think if the knob is easy to turn, then it's a fluke.

• @Dr420alldayeveryday
    @Dr420alldayeveryday 3 роки тому +1

I get the best shave with the futur on setting 3. Do you think this razor would be to mild compared to that?

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 3 роки тому

I find the futur much more aggressive than the T2

• @AngelbertGonzalez
    @AngelbertGonzalez Рік тому

The tiny toilet 😂😂

• @bobleroe3859
    @bobleroe3859 3 роки тому +1

Best knurling ever? The Parker 82R

• @GregTardif

I’m more into like the 66r knurling. It’s like holding a heavily threaded bolt with nuts on it

• @georgewashington3012
      @georgewashington3012 11 місяців тому

@@GregTardifThat sounds so dirty.

• @ste-c1218
    @ste-c1218 11 місяців тому

Had 3 of the stainless ones now all faulty... QUALITY control is terrible....£180 totally fed up... back to the good old Gillette disposable for me.... never let me down

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 11 місяців тому

How were they faulty?

• @ste-c1218
      @ste-c1218 11 місяців тому

@@GregTardif blade alignment....uneven closing....and snapping of the doors... the quality control for a £180 razor is laughable.... never again 😒

• @BigVK19
    @BigVK19 Рік тому

Does the adjustment of this razor require that flaps be loosened first?

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif Рік тому +1

Not necessary

• @BigVK19
      @BigVK19 Рік тому

@@GregTardif Thanks, I just got my Brushed Chrome Rockwell T2. Nice looking and feeling razor.

• @BigVK19
      @BigVK19 Рік тому

@@GregTardif thanks, also, do you store the T2 razor with flaps loosened or tight? Does it matter?

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif Рік тому

@@BigVK19 I don't know that it matters but I always loosened it a smidge

• @CraigRasmussen1
      @CraigRasmussen1 7 місяців тому

You don’t need to….but I like to loosen the bottom ring about 2-3 turns…then change the setting. Takes almost no time…and then all resistance to gap change is gone. I think it might be less stress on the razor that way.

• @markboland2545
    @markboland2545 2 роки тому

How compare to the 6s ....easier to adjust and all that...but shave wise...???

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому

Hey Mark, I haven’t tried the 6s yet. However, I feel like I would lose some of the adjustment plates. One day I’ll give it a go though

• @markboland2545
      @markboland2545 2 роки тому +1

@@GregTardif 6s smooth as butter...first one i bought kinda mad cause i think i found my go to a bit early...

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому

@@markboland2545 haha I’ve heard nothing but good things. Have you tried a slant or a double open comb? May just be fun changing it up

• @markboland2545
      @markboland2545 2 роки тому

@@GregTardif got a 1961 fatboy ...its giving the Rockwell a run for the money...keep going back to it though....

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому

Nice! That’s me and my Edwin Jagger DE86

• @bigh7972
    @bigh7972 2 роки тому

Okey dokey artichokey is one for the record books. Voshcod be cod….

• @MoltenHelium
    @MoltenHelium Рік тому

7:32 that’s what she said.

• @shawnhutto6730
    @shawnhutto6730 2 роки тому +3

For God so loved the world he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life ✝️
    John 3:16

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому +3

I'm not 100% sure why this is here but, thank you for watching.

• @jackshrader4161
    @jackshrader4161 Рік тому

Geez, 4 minutes of bs before you even start the review.

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif Рік тому +1

Thanks for your first comment on my channel. I hope your day gets better

• @xxxDegenxxx
    @xxxDegenxxx 2 роки тому

Just started using safety razors bought a king c gillette, Next will probably be a Rockwell Model T2

• @GregTardif
      @GregTardif 2 роки тому +1

Welcome to the club Dennis. I think you'll like the T2, it's a thicker handle but a good shaver for sure.