The Most Fun I’ve had doing Street Photography | Fujifilm X-T5

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 16 вер 2024
  • In this video, I did some 35 mm (23 mm APS-C) street photography with my Fuji X-T5 at the Fukagawa Hachiman Festival in Tokyo. Probably the most fund I've ever had doing street photography in Tokyo and I hope you enjoy watching!
    I did use my Ricoh GR for a little bit, but the lack of water protection forced me to swap out to my Fujifilm X-T5 and 23 m f1.4.
    If you're interested in seeing more street photography in Japan:
    Instagram - / jamesford_jp
    Threads - www.threads.ne...
    Blog & Other Links - linktr.ee/jame...
    My Gear
    Cameras
    Fujifilm X-T5 - amzn.to/3V4yTFJ
    Ricoh GRiii - amzn.to/4593BBZ
    DJI Osmo Pocket 3 - amzn.to/3LhjFZz
    GoPro Hero 10 - amzn.to/3Vqx5IA
    Lenses
    Sigma 18-50 mm f2.8 - amzn.to/4aHrhyC
    Fuji XF 33 mm f1.4 - amzn.to/3yH9Xwp
    Fuji XF 23 mm f1.4 - amzn.to/3wX180S
    Fuji XF 90 mm f2 - amzn.to/3V0txeB
    Fuji XF 27 mm f2.8 - amzn.to/3Adqo4a
    Lens Filters
    Moment VND - amzn.to/453o0si
    Moment CineBloom 10% - amzn.to/3yHRjoa
    Moment CineBloom 20% - amzn.to/3yAC4x6
    Essential Accessories
    Peak Design Leash - amzn.to/453oaQq
    Peak Design Cuff - amzn.to/4e1H8Li
    Peak Design Field Pouch - amzn.to/3R3S01p
    Peak Design Sling Bag 6L - amzn.to/3V29BYQ
    Peak Design Everyday Backpack 20 L - amzn.to/3V7hXy2
    GoPro Chest Mount - amzn.to/3x4vLkY
    Samsung SSD - amzn.to/4e6scvh
    Lacie Rugged HDD - amzn.to/3R4CaDC
    Tascam Lav Mic - amzn.to/3KJlBK5
    If you decide to purchase any of the above, I earn a commission for every sale through these Affiliate Links.
    #streetphotography #fujifilm #tokyo

КОМЕНТАРІ • 14

• @joseguimaraes1094
    @joseguimaraes1094 22 дні тому +1

Hi James, beautiful photos, again! Thank you so much for sharing!

• @monikabrandenstein5011
    @monikabrandenstein5011 24 дні тому +1

Hi James, thank you for this further beautiful insight into one of the many festivals that take place in Tokyo at this time of year. In this video it is particularly charming to be able to observe the water effects. You have taken some very good photos, yes!! For example 3:55 how happy the child is!! 4:28 and 6:31 looks like snow instead of rain. 5:04 there seems to be brief eye contact between the two of you. I also like this snapshot 5:16 - the woman with the hat and the little girl having fun. 5:49 a beautiful photo! 6:54 as well. I like the alternation between situation photography and portraits picked out from the crowd. 9:19 so beautiful - this happy child! My favorite is this photo 9:44 - how this little child stands there full of contentment, as if it is completely absorbed in this little branch that it is holding in its hand, as if the surroundings are not important at this moment. And on top of that it is standing on the rainbow - how beautiful!! I was hoping you would take a special photo of it as you walked towards it. A really beautiful situational photo!! But my second favorite is at 9:50, also beautifully captured, this cheerful and happy child who is completely focused on the here and now!
    Thank you very much, James, for showing us this lively, happy atmosphere, wish you a nice weekend and all the best - モニカ

• @jamesford_jp
      @jamesford_jp  23 дні тому +1

I’m glad you enjoyed it, Monika! I was so happy to be at this festival for the first time during the main event, since the last time I tried to go, I misread the schedule and went after the water throwing part, so it seemed kinda dead and boring. Thankfully, this year I managed to make it on time AND it was absolutely amazing! 😆

• @marving1416
    @marving1416 22 дні тому +1

This is the festival where a 90 degree day wouldn't be so bad! 😂

• @jamesford_jp
      @jamesford_jp  22 дні тому

Yeah!! 😂
      Although the humidity got really unbearable as soon as it finished… 💀

• @ChrisBrogan
    @ChrisBrogan 24 дні тому +1

Wow! This looks like so much fun! Love the snaps!
    The part where you say "pack up" had ME nervous. I was like, "what's going to happen? Will they flood your camera?" And I agree with you that it's fun to show people (like me here in Boston) what it's like over there for a very unique festival.

• @jamesford_jp

Glad you enjoyed it! I love sharing what I see over here, especially these kind of festivals that are unique to Japan 😁
      You have anything remotely similar over in Boston?

• @ChrisBrogan
      @ChrisBrogan 23 дні тому +1

@@jamesford_jp nothing comes to mind, but I will look around and report back!

• @jamesford_jp

Gotcha! There was certainly nothing in Phoenix, when I lived there, comparable to this! 😅

• @jakub8095
    @jakub8095 22 дні тому +1

Hi James, great photos. What focus settings do you use on your xt5 for street photography? Mostly shooting in crowds I use asc, zone focus, photometry multi, aperture open minimum at 8 and I am not happy with the sharpness of the photos. (Fujinon 18mm 1.4). Thanks in advance. Jakub

• @jamesford_jp
      @jamesford_jp  22 дні тому +1

Hey there, Jakub.
      I typically use AFS with the small point and shoot at 1/500ss and adjust the aperture depending on exposure. This works for me most of the time.
      I've never used the 18 mm 1.4, but I can’t imagine it being widely different in quality from the 23 mm 1.4 LM WR, which is what I use most of the time and have found to be excellent.
      Do you use Capture One or Lightroom? That may also be a factor… I hated how my photos looked in LR.

• @jakub8095
      @jakub8095 22 дні тому +1

Thanks for the quick response. I am using LR and the fuji old firmware (2.01?). I am afraid to upgrade the camera to the new version because of autofocus problems.
      I also noticed an interesting thing. The same lens, manual mode, aperture 16 shows a very narrow range of focus. Maybe is a bug.
      Thanks for your help!

• @jamesford_jp
      @jamesford_jp  22 дні тому +1

I’m on the latest firmware for the X-T5 and haven’t noticed a discernible difference in AF performance… but I’ve always found AFS to be more reliable than AFC, and I think AFC is what most people complain about.
      For the time being tho, you probably don’t need to upgrade unless you really want Reala Ace.