Finally installing my GFB DV+ T9358!

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 26 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 20

• @twinforce_fusion6560
    @twinforce_fusion6560 3 роки тому +3

It's about time! LOL. +2 years in use and no issues.

• @zachpowell9087
      @zachpowell9087 Рік тому

You think this is even worth it over a steeda bov?

• @twinforce_fusion6560
      @twinforce_fusion6560 Рік тому +1

@@zachpowell9087 depends on what is your ultimate goal. They both do a similar job to protect the turbos against the surge, one will make the famous psssssh sound, and the other will keep slightly more boost inside the system in between shifts. Please consider, a minimum boost with are automatic, bit for a manual, a diverter is a plus plus to habe

• @zachpowell9087
      @zachpowell9087 Рік тому

@@twinforce_fusion6560 love the sounds myself but i just put my mrt axle back and i cant hear it anymore lol

• @Arnerse
    @Arnerse 3 роки тому +2

Why do you have to remove the plastic ring, I know you said for it to sit flush but what is it’s purpose for stock bov. Thanks for the video

• @tj_struck
      @tj_struck  3 роки тому

It’s essentially the same, however you’re trading the plastic factory BPV for an all aluminum one. Stronger material, and should last longer too. Not too mention it’s “supposed” to hold boost better in higher RPM, but I got a video coming soon that’ll talk about and look at the difference If there is any.
      Thanks for watching!

• @TheMad31683
    @TheMad31683 3 роки тому +1

-thanks for vid. Debating on this one or turbo smart. Like the sound of a BOV but throttle response is more important to me. I have the Boomba too and recently bought an afe filter and it bought back the lag. Can you add the boomba with the gfb(screws seem long enough and maybe keep sound?)

• @tj_struck
      @tj_struck  3 роки тому +1

Thanks for watching! I have heard of people stacking them with longer bolts. It should be able to be done. Might have to watch the forums a bit :)

• @miguelescobar382
    @miguelescobar382 3 роки тому +1

Could you make a video of how it sounds

• @tj_struck
      @tj_struck  3 роки тому +1

It doesn't really sound like anything since it's redirected back into the pipes tbh lol Just like a muffle BOV

• @casio5658
    @casio5658 Рік тому +1

I’m going to get a fusion sport soon and I’m wondering what does this do to performance

• @tj_struck
      @tj_struck  Рік тому

It's a 50/50 mix. When I went from a full atmosphere BOV to this, I found it kept boost better when letting off the throttle and back onto it. I also felt it was more responsive. IIRC, I think I tried doing a comparison, but the data didn't work out like how I wanted too.

• @casio5658
      @casio5658 Рік тому +1

@@tj_struck ok thx, I just bought a 17 fusion sport with 47k miles 2 days ago and I’m already in love

• @zachpowell9087
      @zachpowell9087 Рік тому

@@casio5658 steeda cold air intake is a nice upgrade.

• @casio5658
      @casio5658 Рік тому

@@zachpowell9087 that’s one of the first things ima do and get the borla axel back exhaust

• @zachpowell9087
      @zachpowell9087 Рік тому

@@casio5658ive just installed the mrt axle back. Keep in mind they are very loud and will most likely have a constant drone. If you go that route the blow off sound wont be very useful so i suggest the one in this video for better throttle response.

• @jameswainwright9883
    @jameswainwright9883 Рік тому

Hi mate I have purchased one of these, is yours a diverter valve, I have a ford focus 1.5 ecoboost zetec s, is it in the same place. Cheers

• @tj_struck
      @tj_struck  Рік тому +1

Hey James! Mine is a diverter valve, it get's plumbed back into the system. It more than likely won't be in the same place and they're two different engines. I would trace the intake box to the turbo and between those two locations should be your BPV.