Our simple towing setup - Trailer weight distribution - X-trail T30

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 29 чер 2024
  • Our simple towing setup - Trailer weight distribution - X-trail T30
    Quick run down of the simple towing setup for our Nissan X-trail T30. I explain the importance of trailer weight distribution.
    Check out our online store:
    ruggedlifestore.creator-sprin...
    Welcome to our channel where you will find practical 4wding and camping videos.
    Having a less capable 4wd vehicle will not stop us from exploring this beautiful country.
    Driver skill is a major limiting factor of a vehicle's capability.
    Follow us as we share our knowledge on how to maximize your vehicle's capability as well as learn about the products we use, the campsites we go to, practical camping tips and how to videos.
    See you outdoors!
    Instagram: / rugged.life
    Facebook: / ruggedlife
    #xtrailtowing #xtrailt30 #ruggedlife

КОМЕНТАРІ • 16

• @Paul-L125
    @Paul-L125 Місяць тому

Great info and it's all common sense stuff 👍

• @ruggedlife
      @ruggedlife  Місяць тому +1

Cheers. It sure is 👍

• @terryrobinson4197
    @terryrobinson4197 Місяць тому

great advice, i have witnessed a 200 series landcruiser with caravan rollover as we were the vehicle just behind, one of the scariest moments in my life, nearly took out five or six cars coming the other way. all were ok thankfully but the cruiser and van totalled though. some people take every conscievable thing just incase they need it. keep it simple do we really need half the crap we take along. i am hyper vigilant now everytime a caravan approaches ready to take drastic action, bit over the top i know but that experience is still fresh.

• @ruggedlife
      @ruggedlife  Місяць тому

Wow. Glad to hear everyone was OK. That would linger for a while in your thoughts but the good side is everyone learned a lesson put of it I guess.

• @florianraufelder8684
    @florianraufelder8684 Місяць тому

👍

• @jacobgee6623
    @jacobgee6623 Місяць тому

Great content. I have the exact same model xtrail and a pop top campertrailer and have been pleased with the Xtrails performance but im looking to upgrade the caravan. Wondering what model your Jayco is?
    Im also considering getting towing airbags to stop the rear from dipping.

• @ruggedlife
      @ruggedlife  Місяць тому

Cheers! It's a 1998 Jayco.

• @edwinalexander1170
    @edwinalexander1170 Місяць тому

Your car still looks new, you have mantained it very well. Is it gasoline or diesel?

• @ruggedlife
      @ruggedlife  Місяць тому

Cheers. It's a 2.5L diesel

• @edwinalexander1170
      @edwinalexander1170 Місяць тому

@@ruggedlife very powerful engine. It is very capable to tow a Caravan. XTrail T30, 2.5 l diesel are very rare.

• @ruggedlife
      @ruggedlife  Місяць тому +2

​@@edwinalexander1170 oh wait. It's a 2.5L petrol hahaha. I don't know why I said diesel haha. I wish it was though!

• @jonhjfofs5959
    @jonhjfofs5959 7 днів тому

I was considering buying one but heard that the alloy engine block is fairly weak + blown head gasket is common ?

• @ruggedlife
      @ruggedlife  7 днів тому +1

Really depends on how it was maintained and used by previous owners. Majority of owners including myself had a good run and still going strong.

• @jonhjfofs5959

@@ruggedlife Thanks for the update . Do you know if it has a chain link cam belt ? Cheers J

• @ruggedlife
      @ruggedlife  7 днів тому +1

No worries. Chain

• @jonhjfofs5959

@@ruggedlife Great cheers !