• @TheHybridShooter
    @TheHybridShooter  4 роки тому +7

*Fujifilm XF 50mm F1.0 R WR* - Review with Fujifilm X-T4
    - bit.ly/XF50mmF1
    *Viltrox AF 23mm F1.4* Review with Fujifilm X-T4 [ New version ]
    - bit.ly/Viltrox23mmF14

• @ilkbaharkunduzu1
      @ilkbaharkunduzu1 4 роки тому

Did you have any issues with the Autofocus using this lens while shooting video? Is that fast? Is that reliable?

• @eightbitJuan
    @eightbitJuan 4 роки тому +19

This was the lens that finally made me ditch my Sigma 18-35 and EF adapter, because it was just SO much more convinient and lighter. It's my go-to lens for photo unless I have a specific shot in mind.
    Also my go-to for video use since it's so damn versatile. Happily used it on my X-T3, but IBIS in X-T4 made it even better.
    Only wish it was actually parfocal since it looks like all digital correction from my testing.

• @jbnitpou9942
    @jbnitpou9942 4 роки тому +12

I have both since a week ...... my god, it’s a dream !!!!! And same thing with the 50-140 ..... With the ibis really 👍👌👍

• @kevingullick1596
    @kevingullick1596 4 роки тому +15

I never take this off my xh1, they were made for each other, the xh1's larger body and ibis with this lens are a match made in heaven

• @huetuber1204
      @huetuber1204 3 роки тому

I just bought this combo! Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.

• @LyndonPatrickSmith
    @LyndonPatrickSmith 4 роки тому +13

Great review - you’ve hit all the major important points to get a really good idea of the capabilities of this lens. The X-T4 & 16-55 is my go-to setup for both stills and video, along with the 50-140 f2.8 & 10-24 f4. Now for some fast primes.... : )

• @RinchenNurbuspon
    @RinchenNurbuspon 4 роки тому +9

Please do comparison between fuji 16-80 f4 vs fuji 16-55 f2.8

• @TKGZONE
    @TKGZONE 4 роки тому +8

Could u do a comparison vs the 18-55 18-60 and the 16-55? I don't really get the real life differences. Most of the bundle deals for the xt4 are with the 18-55 and 18-60 not sure what to get.

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  4 роки тому +9

I will try to do that in the future.

• @TKGZONE
      @TKGZONE 4 роки тому +1

@@TheHybridShooter thanks it would be helpful for those trying to shop whats the best combo

• @Gatohori
      @Gatohori 4 роки тому +1

True!

• @thabo5799
      @thabo5799 4 роки тому

Hi, I have the 18-55 on the fuji xt3. What I can tell you is if you shoot in the dark often, you don't want the 18-55. The image suffers in the dark. Besides that, it does a decent job for the price. I am looking to sell it for the 16-55.

• @Zapruderfilm1963
    @Zapruderfilm1963 4 роки тому +8

I have this lens, it’s ability to render is outstanding!
    I highly recommend it for a myriad of genres!

• @NoNameAvailable23
    @NoNameAvailable23 4 роки тому +6

I've been shooting this combo since my gh4 decided to die two months ago. It has been doing product photography as well as promotional video and has upped my production values significantly. My main gripe is Fuji tethering into Capture 1, cannot beleive they sell it as a full integration when the camera can't have it's exposure settings controlled from the computer or be fired why live view is running. I shoot flat lay on a high tripod a lot and it drives me mad. Lucky the colours are gorgeous and it feels so good when I shoot handheld.

• @TwoOneSe7en
    @TwoOneSe7en 4 роки тому +2

If you have an X-T3 or X-T4 and are a true hybrid shooter that wants ONE lens for simplicity... this is it. Get it. I also hope that Fuji addresses the exposure stepping while zooming in video. It’s distracting and annoying. It can ruin a good shot.

• @idabagusreza
    @idabagusreza 4 роки тому +6

This is my favourite all around lens! Too bad doesnt have IS, so video on my XT2 is a bit shaky

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  4 роки тому +1

It would be too big and heavy with OIS. The balance would be way off on X-T cameras.

• @chadbalonick1784
      @chadbalonick1784 4 роки тому

Because of ibis on the xt4 it makes this lens an absolute beast

• @saiiiiiii1
    @saiiiiiii1 4 роки тому +11

If you think about how many years ago this lens was introduced and it is still some of the best standard zooms to date. Fuji was ahead of the time with this masterpiece.

• @8bittim
    @8bittim 4 роки тому +19

Bought this combination 4 days ago. Glad to hear this. Ended up choosing this over the Panasonic Lumix s5!

• @Seanonyoutube
      @Seanonyoutube 4 роки тому

Did you get a grip? How’s the ergonomics?

• @8bittim
      @8bittim 4 роки тому +1

@@Seanonyoutube haven't gotten the grip yet but I plan to. It is really good. Everything is nicely laid out for you, and holding it feels right. I upgraded from a Sony a6000 so for me at least, it's a huge improvement

• @Seanonyoutube
      @Seanonyoutube 4 роки тому

Timothee Milano interesting, curious: if you’re happy with the ergonomics as is, why do you plan on getting a grip?

• @8bittim
      @8bittim 4 роки тому

@@Seanonyoutube I might have assumed you were referring to a battery grip haha my bad. I plan to get the official Fujifilm battery grip.

• @Spikesw15
      @Spikesw15 4 роки тому +3

Had this combo for a few months now, and it’s great (if a tad heavy for an APS-C). The lens is super sharp, with great depth of field, and with the IBIS of an X-T4 or X-H1 you can shoot static subjects with some very low speeds, too. Best balanced with the VPB-XT4 Fuji battery grip, which also gives you all-day shooting with the 3 batteries, but at the expense of even more weight, of course. Also good with a third party aftermarket L-bracket/grip like the HG-4 from JJC which adds a little bit of counterweight, some extra grip depth and a handy Arca-Swiss rail, without all of the extra weight of the full battery grip set up.

• @Alienform51
    @Alienform51 4 роки тому +3

Camera Conspiracies sent me here ! nice channel

• @MariNate1016
    @MariNate1016 3 роки тому +1

Rarely leaves my xt4, got the 8-16, 50-140 as well.

• @malthus101
    @malthus101 Місяць тому

6:20 - Speedmaster... Nice. 😎

• @danielmcilroy7089
    @danielmcilroy7089 3 роки тому +1

This vs 56 1.2 & 23 1.4... so hard to choose!

• @hantuan107
    @hantuan107 4 роки тому +1

Can you please show the actual shooting parameters of each photo you present on the video, instead of showing the name of the camera body and lens that already been shown in the video title?

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  4 роки тому

That would be very time consuming. Most of the shots are taken at the sharpest F-value, bokeh samples wide open.

• @sdhute
    @sdhute 4 роки тому +1

Curious 18-55 or 16-80? When purchasing a kit the 16-80 is only 100.00 usd more then 18-55

• @SL-jo4om
      @SL-jo4om 3 роки тому +1

16-80 cannot be compared to 16-55 in terms of image quality. I don't even think it beats the 18-55, except in versatility. Speaking for myself, I prefer the 18-135 over either the 18-55 or 16-80. 16-55 is in a league of its own.

• @djxcel23
    @djxcel23 4 роки тому +1

I have to get this lens...

• @hepgeoff
    @hepgeoff 3 роки тому +1

Great review. I'm trying to decide between this and the 16-80 for my X-T4. The 16-80 is lighter, which would be nice. But image quality is very important to me, especially for video, so I'm leaning towards this lens. And it's not much more expensive than the 16-80.

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  3 роки тому +3

I generally prefer 16-55 over 16-80

• @timodehn
      @timodehn 3 роки тому +1

Hey man, I got the 16-80 in the Kit with my XT4, it’s a good lens and weather sealed which is important to me - but in the end the F4 just bothers me!
      I‘m thinking about switching to the 16-55, major point being the wider aperture.

• @thegeneral123
    @thegeneral123 4 роки тому

Acquired this lens a few weeks ago. Astonishing glass. Shame there's no OIS but I have my 18-55 for that if necessary. No IBIS in my X-T1 or X-T3. The 16-55 is now my standard lens on my X-T3.

• @Sarcastek
    @Sarcastek 4 роки тому +5

Thanks for the informative review, 16-55mm is now on my wish list

• @esteemedwatches1768
    @esteemedwatches1768 2 роки тому

Thank you for this great video. I know it is 2 years later but I’ve just ordered this lens based on your review. 👌

• @henkvrieling9586
    @henkvrieling9586 2 роки тому

UA-cam slaat helemaal door met de reclame. Tijd voor iets anders.

• @flptoth5971
    @flptoth5971 3 роки тому

Thanks for the video. Very good and contains a lot of details. I would like to buy a Fujifilm x-t4. My request would be though I know this is not a wish program for you to make a video in which you specifically rate the video. Compared to the xf 16-55 f2.8 and Xf 16-80 f4 with the fujifilm x-t4 camera. Using real hand-held video and no gimball. Projecting both videos at the same time if you can while standing and walking. This is unfortunately missing from youtube and the comparison you made is very good. I wish you more fruitful work.

• @paulbeckmann
    @paulbeckmann 2 роки тому

Thanks for a great and thorough review as always! Very helpful:)

• @tech.inspector
    @tech.inspector 2 роки тому

Great and short review, thank you very much! You made me buy one, so job is done!
    As a little tip I would recommend some light background music to make the watching experience even more pleasant :)

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  2 роки тому

Thank you!
      I have tried some background music in the past, but according to the comments, vast majority of people prefer this kind of videos with no background music.

• @tech.inspector
      @tech.inspector 2 роки тому

@@TheHybridShooter ok 👌 :)

• @andrep9674
    @andrep9674 2 роки тому

la meilleure presentation Marque Fuji en entier !!!......Bravo

• @MrChangTH
    @MrChangTH 4 роки тому +1

@7:55 That looks exactly the same as what drives me crazy with my Lumix 7-14mm lense and my Lumix G9.. 😰 The Hybrid Shooter, did you ever notice that? I know you used both the G9 and 7-14 alot.. 😬

• @savanpanchal451
    @savanpanchal451 3 роки тому

Hello, this Lens is on sale right now for $899 on BH Photo vs $799 for FUJIFILM XF 16-80mm f/4. I am thinking about buying XT-4, would spending $100 more worth getting 16-55mm F2.8 over 16-80 F4 for 1st general purpose zoom lens?

• @MihaiStrömpl
    @MihaiStrömpl 4 роки тому

Great video! And the lens is beautiful. But what would you say would be your lens pick for the X-T4 if you're a hybrid shooter, so you shoot both video and photo and you want to carry around just one lens?

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  4 роки тому +3

Thank you! I have said in the video, my pic is this lens.

• @onyxabier4502
    @onyxabier4502 4 роки тому +1

18-55 or 16-55 for video ? What do you think ?

• @ryanthomas9306
      @ryanthomas9306 4 роки тому +1

The IS in the kit lens is nice but the 16-55 just reproduces color and contrast way better. If you have an xt4 or monopod, get the 16-55

• @onyxabier4502
      @onyxabier4502 4 роки тому

Ryan Thomas thanks , yes i do have the xt4 .

• @sabamacx
      @sabamacx 4 роки тому

The 18-55 is more than enough for video

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  4 роки тому +6

If you have X-T4, I would go with 16-55. That constant aperture and 24mm FF equivalent are worth it IMO.

• @onyxabier4502
      @onyxabier4502 4 роки тому

sabamacx yes i know , just want to know .

• @avaraveda649
    @avaraveda649 2 роки тому

Would you recommend it for street and landscape photography? I would like to be able to shoot a surfer in the water from the shore and wanting to know if this lease could be good for that

• @lemontea4024
    @lemontea4024 4 роки тому

Which one do you think is better x-t4 + 16-55mm or a7iii + 24-105mm?
    As they are similar in size, weight, price and equivalance aperture and focal length?

• @TheHybridShooter

There is no quick answer to that. I haven't teste 24-105, so I can't compare those. Regarding the cameras, here is comparison video: bit.ly/SonyA7IIIvsFujiXT4

• @balancelifestyle6871
    @balancelifestyle6871 4 роки тому

thank you again for the videos. just your honest opinion do you like this camera more than the sony a6400? i had that (6400 but sold it with 16mm sigma 1.4) but was considering the a6600 with sigma trio, or xt4 with 16 f1.4 and 50 f1 mainly shooting for landscrape and some subject photo, my throw in some short instagram videos too.

• @saiyan_princestudios9790
    @saiyan_princestudios9790 4 роки тому

How much of an upgrade is the xt4 over a xt2 or xh1? I know better video and autofocus but how much is it noticeable? A lot or a little bit?

• @СергейФоминых-б1я
    @СергейФоминых-б1я 2 роки тому

Спасибо за обзор! Выглядит заманчиво, но меня пугают размеры этого объектива. Подержать в руках перед покупкой нет возможности.

• @Elena-yy7jt
      @Elena-yy7jt Рік тому

Привет! У меня Fujifilm x-t4 с этим объективом. Он очень тяжелый))
      но мне для видеосъемки наоборот хорошо, улучшает стабилизацию, плюс клетка, ручка и монитор💪🔥

• @dominikradlak8163
    @dominikradlak8163 3 роки тому

Have You ever compare that to sigma 18-35? For video ofcourse

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  3 роки тому

No, I haven't.

• @dominikradlak8163
      @dominikradlak8163 3 роки тому

I hope that You have experience with that and can tell whats better for You because its popular dilemma

• @mambawihachhangte9191
    @mambawihachhangte9191 2 роки тому

How did you attach PD Anchor? The hole is too narrow/small.

• @davidecastagno3607
    @davidecastagno3607 4 роки тому

Just a correction, 16-55 is equivalente of 24-82.5 mm (not 22) (16×1.5)

• @Lilleleniko_
    @Lilleleniko_ 3 роки тому

Hello. I’m considering upgrading my 18-55 f2.8-4 lens to this one mainly for video. Would you say this will be a nice upgrade?

• @SL-jo4om
      @SL-jo4om 3 роки тому

For image quality across the entire zoom range, it's no contest. Well worth the extra cost and weight for me.

• @KevinHPhotography
      @KevinHPhotography 3 роки тому

Did you end up upgrading? I am in your same situation. Thinking on upgrading my 18-55 for this one.

• @Lilleleniko_
      @Lilleleniko_ 3 роки тому

@@KevinHPhotography no, I never did.

• @williamaungleyraud
    @williamaungleyraud 3 роки тому

If the mark II comes with OIS I'm sold 😎📷

• @TheHybridShooter

That would be a lot larger, so I would probably be "unsold". It is fine without OIS if you use camera with IBIS.

• @williamaungleyraud
      @williamaungleyraud 3 роки тому

@@TheHybridShooter possibly, but it would be nice to have an improved 15-45mm perhaps f2.8 LM OIS would be great. And Fuji desperately needs a 10mm prime f2 and in a dream f1.4.
      But it'd be nice to have more primes with OIS too 😎📷

• @HumanClouds
    @HumanClouds 4 роки тому

Another excellent review!

• @i_say_fu
    @i_say_fu 3 роки тому

Are you using Anchor v3?

• @TheHybridShooter

I don’t know which version it is, but use those with thinner cord.

• @i_say_fu
      @i_say_fu 3 роки тому

@@TheHybridShooter thank you. Looks like it is v3 (logo on both sides).
      You're shooting great videos by the way 👍

• @artursaizikovics3433
    @artursaizikovics3433 4 роки тому

Please do Viltrox lenses

• @TheHybridShooter

I already reviewed one.

• @artursaizikovics3433
      @artursaizikovics3433 4 роки тому

@@TheHybridShooter thank you for that! Could you do the rest? Thank you!

• @TheHybridShooter

@@artursaizikovics3433 Unfortunately not, that is the only Viltrox lens that I have.

• @chrisstokes2418
    @chrisstokes2418 4 роки тому

this was great, as always top notch reviews...... in your previous video comparing the x-t4 vs a73, you said that you prefer the a73 because the the x-t4 needs optically high quality lens to compete with the a73, so my question is .....does this x-t4 combo with the 16-55 put is on the same level as the a73? thank you for your time

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  4 роки тому +3

Thank you! Not quite, A7 III with Sigma 24-70 still has better rendering, the difference in pixel density is huge.

• @organismx
      @organismx 4 роки тому +5

Chris , I would suggest you try both combinations. Personally I chose the xt4 with 16-55 because it fits my life style, its less cumbersome, cheaper, and I really love using eterna, and fuji jpegs. But I am semi Proffessional and my clients don’t care what camera I use. The user experience with Fujiis very special. I like sony to and i am keeping an eye out for FX6 for run and gun documentaries work because of internal NDs , XLRs and DR. But fuji is pure fun to use and will never get rid of it. Try both trust me before you spend you money, I am one that believes that a camera should inspire you before anything .

• @chrisstokes2418
      @chrisstokes2418 4 роки тому +1

@@organismx thank you so much for the time you took to reply. I agree with you 100% , for me the knobs and dials on a Fuji make the experience unique and so much fun to use. Thanks again 👍👍👍

• @chrisstokes2418
      @chrisstokes2418 4 роки тому

@@TheHybridShooter thank you for your reply and opinion it is highly appreciated

• @organismx
      @organismx 4 роки тому +1

Filmmaking community is tight like that. Others helped me out , i help others out , you ll help others out , we stay cool like that. 👊🏽 one love

• @momchilyordanov8190
    @momchilyordanov8190 4 роки тому +1

Very good review. The equivalent cannot be "22 to 82,5mm", though. It would mean different crop factor for the wide and long ends. I think this lens is much more interesting now, when X-T4 offers stabilization. My main concern is the "steps" in exposure. They are very apparent in the zoom out/in shot that starts at 5:22, for example. I think it's how camera works, not the lens, but still it's ugly.

• @TheHybridShooter

That was a mistake as I wrote on the screen, 82.5mm is correct value at the long end.

• @keith_pictures
    @keith_pictures 4 роки тому +1

I just wonder how valuable that extra stop of light and corner sharpness really are, if anybody can tell online..
    For the extra size & weight, less zoom range, no OIS and more money, it seems hard to justify. Regarding the extra stop of light, can't the X-trans sensor recover underexposed pictures at f4 with its good dynamic range? Then it's just an issue of bokeh, but at that point, might as well use a prime lens.

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  4 роки тому +2

That is not possible to quantify. It is purely a matter of personal preference. For me it is easy to justify. I am used to having F2.8 on full frame, so F4.2 equivalent vs F6 makes a big difference for me.
      If you prefer zoom range and OIS, 16-80 is also a good choice.

• @LazyMitchell
    @LazyMitchell 4 роки тому

I own and love this lens, but it is very cumbersome and very heavy.

• @sclogse1
      @sclogse1 4 роки тому

Try the Contax 17-35mm for the N system some time. No image stab. But GLASS. A thrill just to hold in your hand. A work of art.

• @nerdMike
    @nerdMike 4 роки тому

Hello.. I see the video zoom clip on x-t4--What about blur effect during a Zoom while on MF? On my x-h1 I get blurry images while zooming in a video (no is, no correction, even on MF etc). The distortion profile seems to create that stepping exposure problem but here I can see there is no problem while zooming and there is no blur at all, mostly visibile while moving the focal lenght faster.
    I tried 50-140, 16-80, 16-55 and other where the camera totally lose picture sharpness and focus while zooming, but not just out-of-focus, it's really a motion blur effect where you can't see the frame and find the subject, the same for stills. Firmware were up to date.
    I know these lenses can even not be parfocal, but on cheaper Lumix or other Canon lenses I have no problem while zooming, stills and video, frame still sharp and visibile, just need to readjust a bit the focus but much more pleasent.
    Considering the camera usually even on MF re-adjust the focus electronically this means that x-t4 has more processing power to prevent blur effect while zoomin because older bodies can't keep up with the transistion? Just wondering. :/

• @TheHybridShooter

That was shot in MF, so that it what happens. It is possible that there is some way to achieve pafrocality digitally in X-T4, I don't really know.

• @nerdMike
      @nerdMike 4 роки тому

@@TheHybridShooter on my xh1 all the best XF lenses create blur effect while zooming, even MF (unusable the clip). Not a parfocal process behind i think, afaik on modern focus by wire lenses the camera adjust the focus when u zoom expecially on MF, u can't see it but it require lot of processing power to be really fast and invisible. They seems to be parfocal but it's just a focus re adjust, on cheaper Lumix lenses seems also the optics to adapt and look parfocal while zooming. Technically has to be tested with the lens detached to see if it keep the focus or not and what's happening in between, hard to do with modern electronic lenses BTW not powered and no focus change. 😔 Still a huge problem on xh1 so and similar cameras. Can I link my video where the problem occurs? 👇🏻

• @nerdMike
      @nerdMike 4 роки тому

@@TheHybridShooter ua-cam.com/video/zNNqile-cw4/v-deo.html

• @faisalsheraz8101
    @faisalsheraz8101 4 роки тому

Nice review...

• @labradorcinematographer
    @labradorcinematographer 3 роки тому

PLEASE!!!
    QUESTION!!!
    Does happens to you while ZOOMING your lens change APERTURE, slightly change, small click. It doesn't change in the display, but EXPOSURE change while ZOOMING!
    SO ANOYING!!!

• @shahid28285
    @shahid28285 9 місяців тому

But surprisingly it needs ISO to be high to get brighter picture if not we end up playing with shutter speed , which is a gripe in my opinion.

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  9 місяців тому

Fujifilm uses SOS ISO scale, I have talked about that in most all of my Fujifilm videos. Using fully manual settings makes little sense nowadays and most people who use semi-automatic exposure modes will never even notice that, so I don't see an issue with that.

• @Princeton_James
    @Princeton_James 2 роки тому

I haven't been so impressed with Fuji lately especially with everything else on the market. However, I have a ton of Fuji glass and an X-H1. Rather than selling everything I'm going to invest in 1 more Fuji lens. This is the one that has been missing for me. I like Fuji, but I don't love Fuji. However, their cameras do produce some beautiful images. If you are patient then Fuji is a good system. I may fork out the price for a used 16-55 and play around with it for a while.

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  2 роки тому +2

That is very generalized comment, so I cant comment on that. For example, X-H2S is very impressive.

• @theexploroholic
    @theexploroholic 4 роки тому +1

Which lens can I buy with Fuji X -T100

• @mits-
    @mits- 3 роки тому

Would be nice to test the Sony 16-55mm F2.8
    All the best

• @TheHybridShooter
      @TheHybridShooter  3 роки тому +1

It would, but I don't have one.

• @mits-
      @mits- 3 роки тому