Mulching my first tree with a brand new bobcat T870

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 26 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 30

• @zfilmmaker
    @zfilmmaker 5 років тому +8

That tree could have fallen on you. Never pull back, I know this was your first time but common sense prevails here. That’s what the push bar is for, grind and push, grind and push. When you grind up trunks on the ground, pull back on the grind, don’t push forward.

• @kuhndj67
      @kuhndj67 3 роки тому

Yep... exactly what I was thinking... he's going to have one in his lap.

• @bill45colt
    @bill45colt 6 років тому +1

140k,,,,now lets see if we can make it pay that back!! lotsa fun from my couch,,,thanks and keep posting,,,,

• @oldstudbuck3583
    @oldstudbuck3583 5 років тому

I don’t own a skid steer but I have played on a Bobcat T770. Very fun. Interesting to read comments and see how they go full circle on which is best.

• @lukewarmwater6412
    @lukewarmwater6412 6 років тому +1

that is so cool!! we had one of those at our dealership but I never got to see it work..... freakin awesome!!

• @hubbard0303
    @hubbard0303 5 років тому

I had a t870. It was terrible. The hydraulic flow from the pump wasn’t enough to keep it rolling at max capacity. I traded it for a CAT 299xhp with the forestry package. It is fantastic. Much better machine. Especially with the cimaf mulching head!

• @Stan_in_Shelton_WA
    @Stan_in_Shelton_WA 7 років тому +2

Sharp teeth are awesome!

• @936mulchin3
    @936mulchin3 6 років тому +1

Lol, it really is Kyle!

• @logicalprocessing9520
    @logicalprocessing9520 8 років тому +2

Very nice! Did you guys look at the Bradco Mulcher by chance or did you just look at that Bobcat Forestry Mulcher?

• @zacd7094
    @zacd7094 Рік тому

I’m confused I thought the t87 was a new machine??

• @danielcontinisio456
    @danielcontinisio456 4 місяці тому

What’s the cost of that?

• @shaunamcvaysv
    @shaunamcvaysv 8 років тому +1

That could of gone very wrong, do you guys worry about it kicking back at you? I'm just curious but I would be scared to do something like this?

• @anthonytucci9473
    @anthonytucci9473 6 років тому +1

how could there be 15 dislikes on this video I know there's not much to the video but it's still cool

• @whskythrttl
    @whskythrttl 5 років тому

I've never run one of these heads, but wouldn't it make sense if the drum spun the other way so crap didn't blast your machine

• @midstatelandclearingandfor9593
    @midstatelandclearingandfor9593  8 років тому +2

You should see our Instagram or face book and see pics of 38" and 41" sycamore tree we have taken down with this bobcat, there's lots of vids on Instagram. Just search our name.

• @markberndt4158
      @markberndt4158 7 років тому

Midstate Land Clearing and Forestry Mulching

• @garycrumrine9538
    @garycrumrine9538 6 років тому +1

Sure seemed to be having hydraulic pressure issues. Did you have the High flow adjusted properly to handle this mulcher? Try back dragging logs when mulching tree trunks. Same for stumps. You have to roll the head in to cut below the surface.

@midstatelandclearingandfor9593  6 років тому

Gary Crumrine no it was just my first time running my machine when I got it. I run a lot more efficiently now these days but we have moved away from skid steers for out main machines.

• @lukewarmwater6412
      @lukewarmwater6412 6 років тому

yeah, that cutter needs a minimum of something like 95hp, so you are limited to the "big" machines, and even then they overheat the hydraulics. more for light jobs.

• @jamesgang94591
      @jamesgang94591 5 років тому

You did fine for your first time. On an 870 you’ll run out of fuel before you overheat anything. With the reversing fans everything stays cool. Just don’t jab at it coming down. Drop it slow and you won’t lose as many rpm’s. We rent the same head on a 750.

• @josedejesuslopez9814
    @josedejesuslopez9814 4 роки тому

How much can cost a mulcher like that one?

• @letserb
    @letserb 6 років тому

Love all these outfits using bobcats, LOL, can tell who cheaps out. No different than the dodge truck buyers, funny how when they get money the crap gets sold off fast.

@midstatelandclearingandfor9593  6 років тому

letserb this machine worked for three years and did almost 3,000hrs before we got rid of it. We are now running a 300hp machine ready to go onto a second 300hp machine and also setting up our excavator with a power pack system to run the a mulching head, Skid steers have there place for tight small jobs. don't understand your dodge comment we run 3 dodge trucks they have all been good trucks.

• @letserb
      @letserb 6 років тому

My point? Bobcat is crude, a machine that does not put ergonomics into its equation. As for dodge, well when you get past the fact they can not build a reliable motor or tranny, their bodies are tin cans. We might also mention faulty wiring is standard. I am saying you get what you pay for, buy cheap and that’s what you have. Have operated the big five makes, bobcat is better than case and komatsu, middle of the road, John Deere exceeds them by far. Top of the line is cat, makes all the rest look about 10 years out of date.

• @The_blindpizzaguy1300
      @The_blindpizzaguy1300 6 років тому

letserb well bobcats are pretty good. Especially if you’re just getting started. They’re cheap and they get the job done. As far as personal preference goes I like cat skid steer‘s, but I’m not an operator so I can’t speak for the people that operate them.

• @occamsrazor9510
    @occamsrazor9510 6 років тому +1

Should have got a chainsaw, felled the tree and then a band saw mill to saw up lumber and split it with the guy with the mill.

• @polinesia3825
    @polinesia3825 7 років тому +4

ONE CRINGE MOMENT !

• @mrX-fd4dz
      @mrX-fd4dz 6 років тому

pol inesia where