Thermostat Repair: Partners Choice Thermostat t601-2

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 10 кві 2021
  • In this how to video I repair a Partners Choice Thermostat. It is model T601-2. The issue I was having was a low temperature read out. I replaced the failing potentiometer to fix it. This repair took about 10 minutes to do. Only tools required are a soldering iron, screw drivers, Solder wick or solder sucker and solder. Parts needed was 1 THT 20k potentiometer.
  • Наука та технологія

КОМЕНТАРІ • 22

• @FixedUntilBroken
    @FixedUntilBroken  3 роки тому +1

$30 for a new one so I wouldn't offer it as a service but its for sure worth fixing for yourself if you have broken thermostat.

• @Ed70Nova427
    @Ed70Nova427 3 роки тому

Good one! Interesting stuff.

• @MrCveedub
    @MrCveedub Рік тому

Bummer, didn't work for me. The installer stripped the screw in the back panel and I cannot find a replacement for it.

• @andreiciora2765
    @andreiciora2765 3 роки тому

Nice

• @musicmanfl23
    @musicmanfl23 3 роки тому

Do you do any commision work?

• @FixedUntilBroken

Like as a realtor. No I am not a license realtor. You don't need a license to buy and rent but you do to do commission work.

• @deerhunter8533
    @deerhunter8533 3 роки тому

I tried vin flashing a 2003 cluster on a 2005 Suburban and it bricked the mcu

• @FixedUntilBroken

Yes you can't do that. 03/04 have a different mcu on it than 05, 06/07c have.

• @deerhunter8533

@@FixedUntilBroken are all the 05 the same or is year when they changed over to the led prnd321?

• @deerhunter8533

@@FixedUntilBroken Is it possible to recover it??

• @FixedUntilBroken

@@deerhunter8533 not with a tech2 but it can be done in bootstrap loader. (The videos I do on mcu flashing). If your not comfortable doing that I can do it for you.

• @deerhunter8533

@@FixedUntilBroken how much do you charge from something like this