Wing Mirror Bracket Replacement VW T5 T5.1

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 6 лют 2021
  • How to replace broken wing mirror bracket on VW T5 , T5.1
    Welcome to my video showing you how to replace a broken wing mirror bracket. It’s pretty easy if you just take your time and for around £10 for a new bracket and some zip ties it’s definitely worth giving it a go yourself.
    Wing Mirror Bracket -Buy Now: amzn.to/4bPztOf
    Cheap Strong Zip ties / cable ties - Buy Now: amzn.to/3VncnsU
    Cheap Torx Socket Set But Now - amzn.to/4aH3ZJd
    T5 T5.1 broken wing mirror.
    T5 T5.1 wing mirror fix.
    T5 T5.1 wing mirror bracket fix.

КОМЕНТАРІ • 78

• @morganlloyd8036
    @morganlloyd8036 19 годин тому +1

Thank you so much for this video. Just finished a job on my passenger wing mirror today and really happy with it and your video really helped. I got some great little wire connectors with solder and shrink wrap that you connect using a lighter. Never joined wires before and that made it very easy and was amazed that everything worked when I’d finished!

• @clivevandenberg
    @clivevandenberg Рік тому +6

The heated mirror cable as lugs on the mirror side, so just unplug it there instead of cutting it off

• @stevedottsings5774
    @stevedottsings5774 2 роки тому +3

Thanks for making this video. I had to replace this part after a tree jumped out and knocked my passenger side mirror off. Great advice and pretty straight forward to do if you have the confidence. 👍🏼👍🏼

• @mannydilworth3473
    @mannydilworth3473 2 роки тому +6

Thanks so much for posting this video. Just done my driver side fix. The tie wrap tip was very useful along with the help of a vice. Also I used pliers to disconnect the heated mirror connectors so no soldering required. Cheers!

• @ronspeed8611
    @ronspeed8611 2 роки тому +2

Thank you so much for making this video. It really gave me the confidence to do it myself and avoid the hassle and bill of taking to a garage. As others have mentioned, I have an aerial in the passenger side wing mirror so that coax cable broke and I was unable to re-solder. However, I think there is another aerial in the driver side door on my T5.1 as (so far) reception on FM has been fine. Also agree the cable tie tip is genius! Like you removing and re-assembling the two covers was the worst part and managed to break a couple of the (very flimsy) lugs but seems OK anyway.

• @shalveenlawrence2733
    @shalveenlawrence2733 2 роки тому

Just did mine now. Very helpful video thanks.

• @danigarret

Thanks for the great video! Followed your instructions on my T5 and it worked out just fine.

• @simonplausin7968

Great video. This process is pretty much the same for a T6 wing mirror as well. If you have the DAB antenna in the wing mirror you will need to remove the door card to disconnect it as well. Worth the struggle. Zip tie trick works a treat. Thanks.

• @adelaidewinetours
    @adelaidewinetours 2 роки тому +1

great attempt and easy to follow, the cardboard box to rest on and the cable ties trick are the best tips, thanks from Australia

• @andrewramskill5271
    @andrewramskill5271 Рік тому

Great video, very clear with great tips. Thank you

• @wiz8931
    @wiz8931 2 роки тому

Thank you very much, zip tie trick worked perfectly

• @user-zc9rf6eo6b
    @user-zc9rf6eo6b Рік тому +1

Brilliant video. Successfully copied and wing mirror replaced. Cable tie spring compression was pure genius. Once it was out, I put it in a vice to get two ties on it.

• @jeffpoor2371
    @jeffpoor2371 2 роки тому +1

Thanks for this video ☺️ don't think I could have done it without again the idea with the spring paid off brilliant thanks

• @JBSeymour
    @JBSeymour Рік тому

very helpful video. Always good to see how someone else did it thank you. Mapped or Routed the cables 😁

• @robertmorris4784
    @robertmorris4784 Рік тому

Thanks mate, very helpful. Liked and subscribed.

• @Erictheaviator
    @Erictheaviator 3 роки тому

Thanks for your video. a really expensive repair if I had taken it to VW.

• @shalveenlawrence2733
    @shalveenlawrence2733 2 роки тому

Ordering my part from ebay and thanks to this video ill do it myself.

• @MrJustinhumphrey
    @MrJustinhumphrey 3 роки тому

Perfect! Thank you for this post. Need to do mine and is more involved than I had first thought. Brilliant commentary too! :) Ha!

• @61511com
    @61511com 2 роки тому +1

Cheers for the Video. RAC man said I would need to replace wing mirror £200 !! £13 bracket Amazon 1 hour later sorted. Tie Wraps on spring very clever.

• @johnhowell6182
    @johnhowell6182 2 роки тому

Thanks for that, very helpful. Mine also had the antenna for the DAB and GPS in it which was an added complication - they have to be disconnected from inside the van- don’t cut them! They are coaxial and not easy to splice!