Fujifilm X-T30 Reviewed & Compared to the Sony a6400 & Fuji X-T3

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 7 вер 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 577

• @momchilyordanov8190
    @momchilyordanov8190 5 років тому +85

Both good cameras for the money they ask for them. Before buying one, I would suggest doing some research what lenses are available and how they fit what you need. 'Cos cameras get all the attention, but they are half of the story :)

• @NeXMaX
      @NeXMaX 5 років тому +6

It’s funny because the tale of glass is almost the opposite for those.
      Fuji has great native lens support but not much in the way of third-party glass. Sony has those excellent Sigma primes and some third-party options but not a lot of first-party options for crop.

• @Durio_zibethinus
      @Durio_zibethinus 5 років тому

@@NeXMaX because we need some balance, isn't it? 😂

• @j5daniel182
      @j5daniel182 5 років тому +2

If you like primes, Sony wins, the sigma 16m 1.4 , 30mm 1.4 , 56mm 1.4 and sony 85mm 1.8 all cost waaaaay less than the Fuji counterparts.

• @NeXMaX
      @NeXMaX 5 років тому +1

@@j5daniel182 The Sigma primes are excellent. Have the 30mm on the a6000 right now and it's been great.

• @themarksmanABP
      @themarksmanABP 5 років тому

Fringer ex-pro adapter 🔥😎

• @bobcoco6047
    @bobcoco6047 5 років тому +20

I can't explain how much I appreciate the rythm of your videos, "enjoyably fast", but still fully understandable. even when I'm falling asleep from exhaustment... When I catch back up, every word still makes sense! 😂
    Great infos, precise, & pertinent comparison with both the X-T3 & a6400, which I could almost consider, but will keep looking after a GH5 XD
    The X-T3 still remains a beast though, add it a 180 screen design (Pana/Canon side or Sony up) + decent battery like a7III , & you got the Perfect Camera! But as all of us, manufacturers don't want Kasey's channel to close HAHAHA

• @geraldundone
      @geraldundone  5 років тому +2

Thanks a lot for this. That's pretty much exactly what I'm going for with the pace, so this was refreshing to read. Appreciate it.

• @kkaramath7104
    @kkaramath7104 5 років тому +17

After looking at your comparison, I'm happier than before with my xt3. Thanks Gerald 👍🏾

• @adityathakkar9014
      @adityathakkar9014 5 років тому

K Karamath I'm confused between xt3 and xt30
      I need it only for pictures no videos...for family outings and casual outings with friends
      Money is a little concern
      Should I buy xt3 and wait for few months to buy 35mm lens
      Or should I buy xt30 and 35 mm together now?

• @kkaramath7104
      @kkaramath7104 5 років тому +1

@@adityathakkar9014 the xt30 is a marvelous camera and anyone would be more than pleased with the quality and usability. The xt3 is a little more elaborate and a bit more dynamic in its entirety.
      If you are looking for a system that you can grow and evolve over some time with the ability to take a hobby/interest and take it further than just personal use, the xt3 would be the better bet.
      But you would be happy with either.

• @AnindyaMitraDigitalStoryteller
    @AnindyaMitraDigitalStoryteller 5 років тому +15

Finally! Been requesting this comparison on various channels and finally Gerald delivers! Thanks..

• @darqaegis9045
    @darqaegis9045 5 років тому +4

Excellent! In my opinion, this is the best channel about cameras on UA-cam; useful, timely, informative and exhaustive reviews, with just enough humor and fluff to keep the mood light! Great job, Gerald!

• @geraldundone
      @geraldundone  5 років тому

Thank you so much! That's very kind. Really appreciate it. Cheers!

• @cameralabs
    @cameralabs 5 років тому +46

Nicely done Gerald! I'm working on mine at the moment and it was interesting to see how we differ on a few points but agree on others. An interesting perspective.

• @geraldundone
      @geraldundone  5 років тому +1

Thanks, Gordon! I'm curious to see what you come up with. Cheers!

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs 5 років тому +1

@blacklizted ah, the 40D, Canon's first DSLR with Live View! Did you see the video where I attached it to my telescope?!

• @snodgegrass8
      @snodgegrass8 5 років тому

While I like Gordon's reviews I do perceive a positive bias towards Fuji and a leniency towards any failing on their part and counter to that, a kind of damning with faint praise reluctance with Sony, often only begrudgingly admitting to being impressed with their features.

• @cameralabs
      @cameralabs 5 років тому +11

@@snodgegrass8 it depends who you ask. I've been accused of being pro every brand and against every brand, and the truth is I see pros and cons in all of them and try to mention all of that in my reviews. I enjoy Fujifilm because they deliver the images I want with the least effort, but for video I like Sony and Panasonic and for general handling and controls I think Canon, Olympus and Nikon are best. I've been a technical journalist for over 25 years now and believe me when you've been doing it that long - and for much of it for independent publications - you lose any bias.

• @spritual_enlightenment
      @spritual_enlightenment 5 років тому

@@cameralabs, it seems we had all new cameras for the moment. Why don't you pick cameras based on categories, say video, travel, sports, etc... That would be fun and controversy subject with a lot of uncomfortable people. (Grin)

• @peterlemke3468
    @peterlemke3468 5 років тому +5

Great comparison of the two cameras. You pack a lot of info in a short video. No fluff and l dig the rigor in your work. You win again Mr G.

• @geraldundone

Thank you very much, Peter! That means a lot. Cheers!

• @thatsginter
    @thatsginter 5 років тому +6

Very insightful comparison...and quite valid points, from ISO image quality to the little things like input spacing and battery/sd access on tripod. These are things people don't realize until after they've made the purchase!

• @snodgegrass8
      @snodgegrass8 5 років тому +2

And most other reviews I've seen ignored.

• @nightryder21
    @nightryder21 5 років тому +41

As a Sony fanboy... I am jealous of the fuji lens lineup.

• @joshdiditt
      @joshdiditt 5 років тому +9

Why? Sony has 5 different companies making lenses for them, Fuji really only have themselves and Rokinon if you can count them. No Sigma or Tamron for us....yet.

• @marinrealestatephotography
      @marinrealestatephotography 5 років тому +1

There's good and bad. I hate my Sony kit lenses, and wish there was something like the Fuji 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 for Sony (instead of having to go for the FE 70-210 f/4 or the Canon 70-210 f/4 and a Metabones / MC-11 adapter).

• @Thejohnventura
      @Thejohnventura 5 років тому

nightryder21 that’s why I just own both and make them work for my professional work 😆

• @arthursese6068
      @arthursese6068 5 років тому +3

Tamron is the life saver here. The Tamron 17-28 2.8 and 28-75 2.8 are exciting for me as I'm adding video to my photo options for weddings. Being able to use the full frame lenses shouldn't be to bad on the a6400.

• @johncarlocielo8164
      @johncarlocielo8164 5 років тому +3

It is like Sony just forgto they have an APSC line. Good thing Sigma is doing an awesome job of getting us high quality primes.

• @stabassam
    @stabassam 5 років тому +13

This was such a good review! No bias and loved the quality and content of your tests. Keep it up!

• @spritual_enlightenment
    @spritual_enlightenment 5 років тому +9

Another hit! Thank you for comparison video. Now, GH5S and Black Magic PCC...
    I knew the ports for headphone and USB were too close. Hell...

• @Wjguin
    @Wjguin 5 років тому +3

Great points on the overall differences of the xt30 and 6400. However, I would like to add a few more points on the xt30 that might be a big plus compared to the a6400. 1. I believe that the xt30 can record 10 bit 4.2.2 externally. I thought this is a big feature as a b cam for when colour grading a footage as it gives you more flexibility in the post. 2. At least you can use an adapter on the usb c to connect headphones while in the a6400 for audio monitoring. As for the space being too tight on the inputs, is it possible to use the slim 2.5 mm to 3.5mm adapters for the mic input.

• @andrewhaynalcasel3200
      @andrewhaynalcasel3200 5 років тому

1. This is big feature for future proofing.
      2. I think you can buy usb-c earbuds and it should work

• @MrAyrit
    @MrAyrit 5 років тому +5

I watched several of these comparisons. This one is the best. Exceptional work.

• @tumivn
    @tumivn 4 роки тому +1

I don't agree about the AF-C result on Fuji x-t30 vs sony a6400. X-t30 missed many shots i took my 2 years old son, and it even doesn't have tack sharp images when taken with the xf-23 f/1.4 in AF-C mode. A6400 is a different story, i have a lot of tack sharp photos for my son. The af-c performance is the main reason that i didn't switch to fujifim. My main cameras are sony fullframe but I am not happy with the sony aps-c lens and body design. Btw, your video is great as always. Thanks!

• @tobi6758
    @tobi6758 4 роки тому +1

I went for the a6400 because 1080p at 100 fps is much sharper and you have a decent priced 35mm 1.8 OSS lens, while Fuji lenses are really expensive and have no OSS.
    If you shoot video only I would guess the fuji is the way to go but for hybrid / video a6400 is better.

• @high-fivehigh-tech3884
    @high-fivehigh-tech3884 5 років тому +31

very detailed analysis - thanks for posting Gerald

• @timothylinn
    @timothylinn 5 років тому +2

Well done comparison, Gerald. As a Fuji shooter, I’d love to see a more competitive noise performance from them but it’s great to see the strides they’re making with AF. It wasn’t that long ago that their AF was slow and their video was a joke. I’m always happy to see Fuji-oriented content on your channel.

• @geraldundone

Thanks, Timothy! Yeah, Fuji has come a long way. Very competent AF now. Fuji owners should be happy. 😃

• @robertadams3666
    @robertadams3666 5 років тому +49

As always a legit review, no bias, thanks!

• @krishnansrinivasan830
    @krishnansrinivasan830 5 років тому +2

comparison is between a bayer sensor to a xtrans sensor , in lightroom the demosaicing is little different. If you add a Rode mic to Sony a6400 it will be difficult to see oneself in the screen while vlogging. I haven't thought about the ports & the battery door though. Also would like to know if the images were shot at f2 in both the lenses or f2 with fuji & f1.4 with sigma on sony ?! coz that will make a difference for sure. Nice video :)

• @SeanFBoyd
    @SeanFBoyd 5 років тому +5

Love how red the skin is on the side by side for the sony

• @RalfWeyer
    @RalfWeyer 5 років тому +2

And that happens when someone knowledgable compares gear in a fair and unbiased manner. Great video and this really shows some advantages of either system, not "just" the camera. at the end every system will have it's advantages and disadvantages, there is no perfect system and there probably never will be. But it's great to see so many new gear from so many different companies like with different sensor sizes. All this competition is good for us consumers because without this competition there would be no inovation.

• @priyam6232
    @priyam6232 5 років тому +1

I have watched 6:22 till now, but the comparison with Sony is not yet started. Till this time, it is between XT30 and XT3, which is not what people want. That can go in a separate video
    Edit after watching the full video:
    The comparison is awesome. I had watched many youtubers but no one compares the difference in mic jack and hdmi inputs and the tripod things. Superb (Y)

• @pojokinspirasidotcom
    @pojokinspirasidotcom 5 років тому +3

Wow... best video XT-30 review so far!!! To the point and very clearly!!! Subscribed!

• @geraldundone

Thank you! Appreciate the kind words and I'm always happy to have a new subscriber. Cheers!

• @pojokinspirasidotcom
      @pojokinspirasidotcom 5 років тому

You deserve more new subscribers 👍

• @fellowcitizen
    @fellowcitizen 5 років тому +12

Also: Fuji film simulations make for fast footage :)

• @NeXMaX
    @NeXMaX 5 років тому +3

I'll go on a whim and say that for $900 body-only, damn, those two really pack a punch.
    Personally prefer the Fuji mostly due to the controls and the selection of native glass, but Sony's offering brings a lot of heat (pun unintended), such as unlimited recording and a larger RAW buffer plus the autofocus and the flippy display. As long as you understand the strengths and weaknesses of both cameras and also look at their respective systems as a whole if you're going in long-term, they're pretty strong and you'll probably be happy with either provided you understand what you're getting.
    I still prefer the X-T3 though. :)

• @geraldundone

That's very fair. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• @melenriquez8985
    @melenriquez8985 5 років тому +5

Gerald, a well balanced and comprehensive but short review on the features/functions/use that matters most for many.
    Thanks! :)

• @Realhistoricist
    @Realhistoricist 5 років тому +1

Fair review. Flipy Sony screen is useless with a mic on top however. Fuji’s lens system is much more complete than Sony’s atm. Much better jpgs on Fuji overall with much more flexible color profiles. Eternal is a big addition as well.

• @geminierica4077
      @geminierica4077 5 років тому +2

Agreed I really feel he's missing a lot of the great things about the Fuji like the colors and also the design.. Sony menu system feels like you're taking pics with a computer so for a nice camera experience especially with their small line of f2 prime lenses that fit well with the size of the xt30 that may be a good choice ..

• @pebmets
    @pebmets 5 років тому +4

Another great detailed compare. Someone from Canon should be required to watch your videos. I love to see what other brands do so I can dream what if with Canon. Oh, if Julie helped, great job again. 50K in a day or two.

• @geraldundone

Thanks, Phil. And yeah, good eye. That was Julie's hand in a couple of the shots. 😃

• @nyrubin
    @nyrubin 5 років тому +9

I definitely don’t find a problem with shooting for short periods of time 5-10 minute time caps. Really helps u set ur shot I mostly use my small rx100v 4K capped to 5minutes. With that said the xt30 shouldn’t have a time limit on 1080p lol that’s trash. With that alone I think the a6400 takes a win

• @katumus
    @katumus 5 років тому +30

People buy a small camera, then they throw in a huge monitor, huge battery, whine about how they can't attach a microphone to it, but they do not want to get quality microphone that has the headphone out as well as the audio out to camera syncing, and they are rejecting idea to use a USB anyways for a digital audio syncing with camera and for digital audio transmission to the video file but prefer a analog cable...
    And yet this tiny cheap camera should be used for a high budget filming kind rigs... Yeah... Talking about negativity of the tool purposely used not as designed.
    1) If the audio is important for you, get it off the camera. It is same thing as with the lighting, if the light is important for you, get flashes and off-camera.
    2) If the video quality is important for you, get a good quality video camera, not a ILC photography camera.
    3) If the external monitor is important, then don't whine about lack of FAS or hype how useful it is, as you anyways use external recorder with large monitor
    4) If the small size is important, then don't talk about lack of hotshoe, lack of mic/headphone jacks, lack of HDMI, lack of battery capacity etc.
    Why does reviewers review every photography camera as it would need to replace the Arri Alexa or RED in a big budget indie / AAA movie production?
    No, those features in ILC are meant for family shooters, for sudden quick moments when a video is just better than a still. 95-99% for photography, 1-5% for video... That is the target group.

• @TheRealK6
      @TheRealK6 5 років тому +4

I agree to some of what you have said... but ultimately... I have to disagree as well...
      I get where you are headed... but many people want an all in one solution. I don’t want one camera for photography and another bazooka like camera for video... if you are a one man shooter that is climbing Mount Everest... would you carry a Canon 5D & a Red Dragon camera??? Or would you carry a Fuji XT-3 and call it a day?
      Not to mention price.... I don’t expect Red or Alexa like capabilities but at least meet or beat closest competition in terms of specs... which in my opinion the x-t30 is doing really well... Lastly... your complaint about rigging up a small camera, which I agree defeats the purpose of a camera being small... but let’s look at the Alexa or Red cameras... which needs to be rigged up too to be useable... the question is... Rig up a 10 pound camera to be 25 pounds or rig up a 1 pound camera to be 16 pounds... Over a long shoot... those 9 to 10 pounds will matter!!!

• @chuck90504
      @chuck90504 5 років тому +2

you probably have an infinite budget + camera crew and props to you. For the rest of the population, we value our money and try to get the most from purchases.

• @AllCarsUnited
    @AllCarsUnited 5 років тому +4

Imo, the best part about the Sony is that you can get full frame lenses and use them on the crop sensor a6400 without a adaptor

• @tim6649
    @tim6649 3 роки тому +1

Love the vid, one reason the fuji raw files might be darker is if the dynamic range is set to anything other than 100% most image editing softwares won't take into consideration that the image is stopped down.

• @OswaldoLafee
    @OswaldoLafee 4 роки тому

i'm one of the new 130K happy subscribers from a year ago and I have precisely these two cameras. Dude you rock. Thanks for your excellent content.

• @ivankiefer3886
    @ivankiefer3886 5 років тому +36

It seems that the a6400 is a really good deal for the price.

• @NeXMaX
      @NeXMaX 5 років тому +2

Both are. They both bring a lot of impressive stuff at their price point, and also interesting limitations.

• @Imagehype
      @Imagehype 5 років тому +3

Add that focal adapter and sigma, that's not a good deal. LMFAO 😂

• @MyGroo
      @MyGroo 5 років тому +11

Yes, nobody mentions that Sony doesn't have a single good APS-C lens. What's the point in having good image quality if you will be shooting using blurry lenses, or at ISO 6400 all the time because the aperture doesn't go past f/4?

• @rattoh
      @rattoh 5 років тому +6

@@MyGroo They have good aps-c primes if you count all the 1.4 Sigma primes, not many good aps-c zoom lenses. You can use FF FE 2.8 zooms though if you need more light gathering.

• @damiencolacion6339
      @damiencolacion6339 4 роки тому

@@MyGroo what what?? Ahahah

• @bcdinh19
    @bcdinh19 5 років тому +10

Can you compare xt2 vs xt30? Wondering if xt2 was a good buy now that the xt3 was released.

• @roni910
      @roni910 5 років тому

Thiss

• @roni910
      @roni910 5 років тому

@Ziggi Mon how about ergonomic, handling?

• @jason.simone
    @jason.simone 5 років тому +2

Good comparison. I think you covered the performance of the two camera bodies well. It actually highlighted some benefits of the Sony for me that I hadn't considered. I already chose the Fuji, and I still think I will like my system a lot. It seems like the only way Sony's lens lineup can compete on price/quality is by going third-party.

• @geraldundone

Yeah, those Sigma lenses to make a big difference in the Sony crop bodies. Otherwise you have to go full frame, which puts the size and price way up. Thanks for the comment! Enjoy the Fuji! Great camera.

• @f.iph7291
      @f.iph7291 Рік тому

Well if We want to talk about the colour science than the Fuji wins hands down

• @David-dj5kb
    @David-dj5kb 5 років тому

I used to have a Sony A6300 and after being repeatedly disappointed with the color science and the reliability issues I was having (had to get it repaired twice). I sold it and bought a Fuji XE3. Never looked back. Now I bought the XT30 and it will come tomorrow. The XE3 I have has better colors for video and especially photos and the menu system is SO much better. It’s a much more enjoyable camera to use.

• @vantheman1124
      @vantheman1124 5 років тому

David Pastars may i know where did you buy your XT30?

• @David-dj5kb
      @David-dj5kb 5 років тому

kb24vjm I bought it this morning from Amazon in black with the 50mm F2 lens bundle.

• @paulasimson4939
    @paulasimson4939 5 років тому +2

Fantastic, no nonsense, no drama review. Thanks!

• @bobhanuman65
    @bobhanuman65 5 років тому +1

If compactness is a major concern for street shooting the x-t30 is the winner. But Fuji cameras are definitely one stop noisier in low light. There are less options for compact lenses on Sony. They will always be bigger. As usual it just depends what your priorities are. Great review as always.

• @arneleisegang7213
    @arneleisegang7213 5 років тому

I was thinking of buying the Fuji until I saw this, having seen several other reviews on it. But your review showed me that it might not be entirely right for me. Thanks for the great review.

• @geraldundone

Thanks, Arne! Glad to be helpful. Cheers!

• @snowwalker9999
    @snowwalker9999 5 років тому +1

Great review again! I can't justify buying a new camera this year. None of them has IBIS or if they do, they have poor AF or lack some good photo or video features. For me, a perfect compact camera would be a6400 with IBIS or the Olympus EM1 ii with Sony's video features both with X-T3's EVF and Canon's DPAF. I know I want the best of everything packed into one small camera. Let's see if X-T4, X-T40, a6700, EOS M60, EM1 iii, G9 ii, have what hybrid shooters have been hoping to see.

• @geraldundone

Thanks for the kind words and for sharing your thoughts!

• @wow2k6
    @wow2k6 5 років тому +1

Hi Gerald, I always read that you should process Fuji RAWs in Capture One instead of Lightroom. Can you have a look at that? Maybe it improves the results you were seeing.

• @geraldundone

In my opinion the differences are largely exaggerated and often seemingly motivated by a subjective bias that can't be reproduced well in practical tests. Good question, though! Use whatever software you like.

• @mikegiacobbe7758
    @mikegiacobbe7758 5 років тому +2

The best comparison video I've watched. And I've watched all of them

• @geraldundone

Thanks so much! That's very kind.

• @TrailFeatures
    @TrailFeatures 5 років тому +1

Fuji went from a brand that I would never use/recommend for video, to replacing my GH5. I'm extremely excited to see how serious they are taking video.

• @geraldundone

Yeah, I agree. Quite an impressive year for them. I'm not giving up my GH5 just yet, but I do like following Fuji's progress.

• @TrailFeatures
      @TrailFeatures 5 років тому

@@geraldundone giving up IBIS was hard, but the weight savings and better AF pulled me away. Having good AF (without hunting/breathing) allows me to get a bit more creative when I can't pull focus on my own. Also enjoy grading with Eterna over Cine-D for my content.
      X-H2 will likely be my next camera, assuming Sony doesn't melt our faces off with the A6600.

• @valkyrie743
    @valkyrie743 5 років тому +1

I love your videos! But would like to add my opinion on what you said about lens in the video.
    I went from the a6300 then a6500 then a7r3 then to my current camera xt3 the main reason I dropped Sony was because of lens and their costs. I wanted a 70-200 2.8 a 100-400, a 24-70 28 and a nice fast portrait prime (85mm). Sonys lens are all full frame in these lens I wanted and cost 2 times what the Fuji equivalent are. Yes the sony had the option for a few nice sigma primes as well as the two aps-c native primes 35mm and 50mm but the lens ecosystem is far better on Fuji. I owned the tamron 28-75 2.8 for the a7r3 and it was a nice lens with a great price but I found that it had bad banding issues. Tested 2 different copies of the lens as well as different bodies and still showed it. Made a post on dpreview and others are having the issue as well. That was the nail in the coffin for me.
    Now I bought the xt3 the 50-140, 100-400, 56 1.2, and the 18-55 2.8-4 lens!! While before I only had the a7r3 the tamon lens and a Sony 85mm 1.8
    Now the xt30 imo is aimed more at small compact fun photography tool with the ability to do some fun family or b roll 4k video and it's more for people that mainly shoot with primes and I think the Fuji again has that beat over the Sony. Yes the Fuji f/2 lens was not as sharp as the sigma lens was but not outing that you have the 27mm 2.8 50mm 35mm f/2 the upcoming 16mm 2.8 14mm 2.8 and awesome 16mm 1.4
    Just think the lens line up is far better on the Fuji side and much cheaper.

• @geraldundone

I agree when it comes to crop lenses. Fuji has a better selection for sure. And it will definitely cost you more if you want to supplement with full frame lenses from Sony. But anyone who buys a crop Sony should definitely take advantage of those Sigmas if they meet their focal length needs.

• @jsnklsr5639
    @jsnklsr5639 5 років тому +4

I keep hearing that Lightroom cant handle Fuji images as well as other cameras. Maybe that is why they have more noise in your comparison? Could you confirm that?

• @Konrad162
      @Konrad162 5 років тому +1

It would be good to see this comparison also in capture one... 1 stop difference is huge

• @francobarcelo7897
    @francobarcelo7897 5 років тому +4

Hey Gerald, great review! Can you please comment on the 1080p quality of both? The a6300 and a6500 are known to not have the best (soft) 1080p so I'm wondering if this has been improved in the a6400. Also the rolling shutter in 4K? Most reviews show that the X-T3 has very well-controlled rolling shutter, perhaps the X-T30 performs just as well?

• @geraldundone

X-T30 wins for rolling shutter, yes. a6400 still has bad rolling shutter.
      The 1080p quality is pretty good. Not GH5 level, but good. Compared to the X-T30, they were pretty similar. The a6400s variable frame rate seemed a bit cleaner, but like you said, a tad soft.

• @Hexspa
    @Hexspa 5 років тому +3

Not just saying this cause you read my poem but the thumbnail for this video is great. At least I think so.

• @geraldundone

Haha. Glad you saw this one. Thanks!

• @stabassam
    @stabassam 5 років тому +3

With the Fuji X series, their files come out much better if you use CaptureOne or X-Raw Studio as compared to Lightroom.

• @stabassam
      @stabassam 5 років тому

@Ziggi Mon I know, I love Lightroom but it's slow as anything on my mac. Are you using it on Windows? On my machine with a 2.9GHz i7, 16 Gigs of internal memory and a Radio Pro 560 with 4 Gigs of memory, Lightroom Classic CC is so slow that I no longer edit my photos.

• @stabassam
      @stabassam 5 років тому

Ziggi Mon I don’t know man. I usually just edit one image I really like. I just started photography as a hobby last year and have loved my Fuji ever since. But working with the RAW files in Lightroom has been nightmarishly slow.

• @stabassam
      @stabassam 5 років тому

Ziggi Mon just basic adjustments and stuff such as patch removal, spot removal, radial filter and linear filter.

• @geribrn6453
      @geribrn6453 5 років тому

blah blah blah blah blah. i like the fuji sooc colours and got tempted and pre-ordered the X-T30. Felt like a downgrade for me.

• @emadnejati7620
    @emadnejati7620 5 років тому +2

Sony is the more logical choice in my opinion overall, best comparison btw
    I always argue with people who say Fuji has better APS-C lenses, actually, all good fuji apsc lenses cost around 800-1000$
    this is not a apsc lens price it's FF lens price

• @MGrose407
      @MGrose407 5 років тому

The only really great FF lens at those prices for Sony are the 85 1.8 and the Zeiss 55 1.8. However they don’t compare for better quality than the G master lenses which are way above $1000. While most people won’t be able to tell, you would notice the difference if you shot with a G master lens versus the cheaper versions. Fuji’s glass is definitely comparable to their G master lenses or the Zeiss Batís lenses for Sony.

• @emadnejati7620
      @emadnejati7620 5 років тому

@@MGrose407 all of the sony and FE lenses are sharper than fuji lenses,i dont know why Dxo dont test the fuji lenses,i had a fuji xt2+56mm f1.2 this lens was 800$ and it was so much softer than 85mm f1.8 FE
      and just be reasnable man,apsc or Crop lesnes should be cheaper than FF lenses
      1000$ for a APSC portrait lens is not fair

• @emadnejati7620
      @emadnejati7620 5 років тому

@@MGrose407 and in this test 400$ sigma lens beat the Fuji :D it will happen again in comparison between sigma 56mm f1.4 and fuji 56mm f1.2

• @MGrose407
      @MGrose407 5 років тому

Emad nejati but you said it’s not apsc price when it is for great glass. The point is for great image quality with great glass, Fuji is very good and I’m a Sony guy. I have the A7Ii and A6500 plus those lenses I mentioned. However if I wanted really nice glass from Sony my lenses will cost well more than $1000

• @MGrose407
      @MGrose407 5 років тому

Emad nejati Sigma though...not native lens. The fact that I would have to buy third party lens which are never as good with autofocus as the native lenses although not bad, my price point would be the same. Sony doesn’t even support their apsc cameras with lenses anymore because they want you to buy their full frame cameras which I don’t blame them and sensibly it is better to go Sony, but if I show you a great image would you be able to tell what camera it was taken with? Fuji is a great system and hardly any of their lenses are over $1000 for the same equivalency of FF.

• @JuanOzuna
    @JuanOzuna 5 років тому +1

This was the exact comparison I’ve been waiting for and you nailed it! Awesome job! Thanks for helping me make my camera decision!

• @enajarro21
      @enajarro21 5 років тому

What are you getting ?

• @JuanOzuna
      @JuanOzuna 5 років тому

Sony A6400 for sure. This video was the tipping point.

• @jsyap
    @jsyap 4 роки тому

You just sum it up much better than the rest. Picked up the a6400, gonna have fun with it. Thanks

• @evelation5223
    @evelation5223 5 років тому +1

Sigma's 1.4 trio sold me on the Sony, although I do love Fuji's camera design much more.

• @evaderknives
    @evaderknives 5 років тому +1

Since buying my a6400, it kinda got me out of canon mode(since they refuse to make a all around mid grade camera). I love the 2 camera shot, was thinking about selling my canon gear and getting the xt30, but i forgot about the time limit... I do a lot of long grinding videos(edited down)... Maybe Canon will come to their senses and put out a good mid grade video camera... yeah right, hahaha... thanks for all the tips, it really helps... take it easy...

• @jamesryan1939
    @jamesryan1939 5 років тому +2

xt-3 is the current king of crop sensor cameras, followed by the a6400. If you never plan on going full frame Fuji is the best option, with their great lineup of crop lenses. But if you want an upgrade path, the 6400 is the way to go.

• @geraldundone

I think that's good advice, yeah. Thanks, James.

• @superjarri
    @superjarri 4 роки тому

ISO comparison is quite messed up due to the lenses. Shooting F2 in both lenses doesn't mean they let the same amount of light to pass through and xf23mm is really bad at f2.

• @LauneIsaac
    @LauneIsaac 5 років тому

Gerald your test and data show exactly what i have been finding for years camera manufactures have no standards for iso so when you use the same setting even the same lens on different cameras there can be as much as two stop difference in exposure ... i like the fact that you exposed this diffence even tho only briefly

• @mavericklrd8648
    @mavericklrd8648 5 років тому +2

Yes! Thank you for the video. Your content is amazing sir. You are amazingly thorough and detailed

• @alexanderharden7307
    @alexanderharden7307 5 років тому +1

Capture 1 will give you more detail in Fuji files.Lightroom is having problems with the raf files.Nice review btw

• @Hits9Nine
    @Hits9Nine 4 роки тому

I have no issue using a 2.5mm and USB c jack at the same time. My cables are a lot slimmer than the ones you used in this video

• @ZikovanDijk
    @ZikovanDijk 4 роки тому

Dear Gerald, thank you very much for the comparison. I LOVE THE FUJI looks, but you confirmed my suspicion that I cannot justify the downsides compared to the Sony 6400.

• @mooreav
    @mooreav 5 років тому +1

another great video.. Do you have any thoughts on the "improved colors" of the 6400, now being comparable to the A7iii and newer A series Sonys. Which do you prefer color wise. Is the difference not that big of a deal to you. I have an A7iii and an XT20 I really like the Sony colors. Thanks for all you do GREAT channel man. Awesome!

• @geraldundone

The a6400 matches the a7 III pretty closely and I'm a fan of the a7 III, so for me, it looks great. Fuji looks good too. I suppose I prefer the Sony colours a touch more, but that's mostly subjective.

• @diabeticjaymes2776
    @diabeticjaymes2776 5 років тому +3

You color grading/correcting is looking much cleaner

• @JohnTSteinbeck
    @JohnTSteinbeck 5 років тому +3

you're the best reviewer on YT, Gerald. A+ information-

• @geraldundone

Thanks a lot, John! Very much appreciated.

• @krazyfrog
    @krazyfrog 5 років тому +2

Love all the reviews coming in lately. MOAR.

• @yaatraphotography3693
    @yaatraphotography3693 5 років тому +1

I love how factual your reviews are Gerald. Completely without bias as well. Great review.

• @geraldundone

Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.

• @yaatraphotography3693
      @yaatraphotography3693 5 років тому

@@geraldundone Hopefully, my channel will get off the ground and be headed in the right direction in a shirt amount of time. Looking forward to the next video brother.

• @dropkoo
    @dropkoo 5 років тому +1

Impressed with the review. Fair comparison and all great information from end-to-end. Subscribed!

• @geraldundone

Thanks! Appreciate that. And thanks for subscribing.

• @snowwalker9999
    @snowwalker9999 5 років тому

Gerald, for video only, would you pick X-T3 over a6400? And why? The rolling shutter in Sony cameras is the deal breaker for me and the lack of a flip up screen in X-T3 is disappointing.

• @siriusestrela
    @siriusestrela 4 роки тому +1

My only fear is the sony a6400 only goes to 1/4000 in eletronic shutter... and the fuji 1/32000. thats a big diference when at f1.4 in mid day light and you want to take a shoot, dont you think?

• @JeahnLaffitteAdventures
    @JeahnLaffitteAdventures 5 років тому +14

69 minutes of continuous run time? Of course

• @CoffeeD_1
      @CoffeeD_1 5 років тому +2

Laffitte Studios in 4:2:0 as well

• @jan-hendrikbussmann4644
    @jan-hendrikbussmann4644 5 років тому +4

You probably have an hour worth of outtakes for the opening line.
    Whoever sent you that line really wanted to test your patience :-)

• @geraldundone

Haha. I thought I would too. But surprisingly I got it on the 2nd try. It was actually around 6:39 that tripped me up the most. Trying to get all those names and numbers right. X-T20, X-T30, X-T30, etc. Haha

• @veloway
    @veloway 5 років тому

This was amazing. I was Trying to view it as you said as a mini XT three and it just doesn’t work that way. I really wanted to save the money but I feel like the things I want on the bigger camera are worth the money and your review really made that clear.

• @yomeros
    @yomeros 5 років тому

Thank you so much for your videos. For my needs, speed focus at stills, accurate tracking and a high rate on burst mode on autofocus photo mode is a significant plus. I'm not saying video is not imporant, but certainly not my prime interest. I was about to buy a Canon M50 (mainly because its famous "dual pixel" autofocus system but in one video you uploaded, the tracking focus is less than reliable in interiors. In your opinion Sony a6400 would be the more efficient and fast focus system (for photo stills) in the (less than 1000 bucs) market???

• @kristiangurholt59
    @kristiangurholt59 Рік тому

I love the retro style of the Fuji’s. Personally I have an a6100, and I think it’s a great option as it has the same performance of the 6400 at a lower price. Only case I wouldn’t recommend it is if you need log video for colour grading.

• @tanburiney1469
    @tanburiney1469 Рік тому

It was very informative especially beginners like me. Thank you. Subbed.

• @neehalkhan5439
    @neehalkhan5439 5 років тому +1

The intro music is just too good!!!
    No doubts about the further review as well. Good work. And i am done!!

• @carlkim2577
    @carlkim2577 5 років тому +1

This channel is one of the best unbiased I've seen. Subbed!

• @geraldundone

Thanks a lot, Carl! Happy to have a new subscriber! Cheers.

• @Frenshprince
    @Frenshprince 5 років тому

Hi Gerald,
    I think the most important video update you could make about this 1 stop difference thing, is to compare the xt30 with the xt3. Then we will know if it’s a sensor or a body issue. 🙂

• @4ki543
    @4ki543 4 роки тому

Great video!! One question: between the A6400 and the fuji X-T30, what camera would you recommend me for video? (Time limit is no concern for me)

• @ScrattleGG
    @ScrattleGG 5 років тому +1

I'm curious to see if sigma will keep making lenses for the E mount now that they've made allegiance with Panasonic and Leica

• @geraldundone

They've pretty much already adapted all their lenses for E-mount in the Art primes. But I can say the 40mm, which hasn't been released yet outside of Canon & Nikon has upcoming options for both E-mount and L-mount.

• @peterlemke3468
    @peterlemke3468 5 років тому +1

New subscriber coming from a stills background trying to learn all l can about video. Yours is the best resource by far on YT. Thanks muchly Gerald.

• @geraldundone

That's a big compliment, Peter! Thank you. Glad it's helpful.

• @sezoism
    @sezoism 4 роки тому

i got a brand new a6400 locally 0 shutter count for 700 flat, no tax, open box, cash. Also got myself 16 1.4 and 30 1.4 sigmas for $200/270. At this point would you say keeping the a6400 kit is better or would I be better off going fuji? I got great deals on these pieces but now i'm wondering if I should sell them off and go fuji...I don't do any video just street/portrait/landscape photography . When I was looking at similar fuji lenses in comparison to the sigma 1.4 they're way more expensive so I feel having any similar lenses for the fuji system would be so much more expensive. Thoughts?

• @yttean98
    @yttean98 5 років тому +1

Very good comparison and thorough review packed a lot of info in one video.

• @AnthonyRecenello
    @AnthonyRecenello 5 років тому +3

Can you do a XT2 vs XT30 video?

• @cleverghostcinema
    @cleverghostcinema 4 роки тому

Thanks for adding section titles, so useful 👍

• @BrianIrwin
    @BrianIrwin 4 роки тому

First time on your channel, very nice presentation. To the point, informative and clearly you did a lot of work to prep. Very nicely done.

• @JWS1968
    @JWS1968 5 років тому

So what is the best pro-sumer camera for colour grading? I'm talking about cameras in the mirrorless camera/DSLR style cameras. GH5, XT2, Sony A series,Canon 5D mark 3/4 etc etc etc

• @Romafedorov
    @Romafedorov 5 років тому

Always pleasing to watch your videos, So informative!
    Do you think the a6400 would be a nice upgrade for video from something like the Canon 80D ?

• @geraldundone

Thanks very much! Yeah, I do. You'll see a pretty significant difference going from the 1080p on the 80D to the 4K on the a6400.

• @ajeesh3485
    @ajeesh3485 3 місяці тому

Is it worth buying fuji over Sony because of film simulations? Or can we replicate fil simulations in Lightroom perfectly?

• @safinssmc
    @safinssmc 5 років тому +2

Excellent! Very helpful and informative and you are definitely an influencer.

• @toulcaz31
    @toulcaz31 5 років тому +1

Such solid reviews. Thanks for the work put in it.

• @PromoMoviescomau
    @PromoMoviescomau 5 років тому +1

Gerald, you have nailed it once again. Awesome comparison.

• @grauraum
    @grauraum 5 років тому

Good comparison! I'm still trying to figure out which camera would be the one for me. When I only look art the body, Sony wins. But comparing lenses (IQ, size and price) Sony doesn't have a chance against Fuji. If there was a good standard zoom like Fujis 1855 and an affordable tele (70-200G is way too expensive for me) I'd definitely go with Sony.. Video doesn't count for me.
    But your comparison with the 23f2 isn't that fair. It's known not to be the sharpest lens wide open...

• @notapplicable2u
    @notapplicable2u 4 роки тому +1

Wow. Great review! Really made me reconsider the Sony a6400!

• @town3
    @town3 5 років тому +2

Nice work G like always. Keep it up.

• @viraatchandra8498
    @viraatchandra8498 4 роки тому

a very legit comparison, no bloat, to the point.... thanks!

• @Rick9814
    @Rick9814 5 років тому +1

Seriously though, amazing video. Thank you. I think the focus difference when tracking in photos had more to do with the light. The Fuji is rated to focus in lower light than the Sony. In good light the test might have been more close.

• @geraldundone

Thanks a bunch! Appreciate it.

• @MyGroo
      @MyGroo 5 років тому +1

Sure, my smartphone will also focus in bright light perfectly.

• @johnsmalldridge6356
    @johnsmalldridge6356 5 років тому

Gerald, you're doing some great videos and I appreciate it! It's interesting to me how different testers get different results. Do you think it's camera production variability or different testing procedures?

• @geraldundone

Thanks, John! I think it probably just comes down to different people using the camera in different ways. I don't imagine it's production variance.

• @v1ceCSGO
    @v1ceCSGO 3 роки тому

xt-3 vs a6400? which one would you choose?
    XT-3 body cost almost as much as the a6400 right now

• @maruwaanmoses
    @maruwaanmoses 5 років тому +2

No BS review! Top stuff Gerald! Just subscribed 👊🏼

• @geraldundone

Thanks a lot! Glad to have a new subscriber!

• @maruwaanmoses
      @maruwaanmoses 5 років тому

@@geraldundone Sure thing!