The Changing of the Guard | Triumph Bonneville T120

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 22 чер 2024
  • Silvie the Triumph Bonneville T120 has been my stalwart companion over the last few years, but if I want to continue to have great adventures together in the future I need to make some additions to lighten the load.
    So there are some changes afoot to ensure that Silvie and I have many miles ahead of us; this is the first part of my plans, but only after I took her out for a ride in the sun.
    I hope you enjoyed this short film, if you did, please check out some of my other videos and I hope that you'll leave a Like or consider Subscribing to the channel. Your Like or Subscription lets UA-cam know that you've enjoyed the video, which in turn helps push it out to more people. It's one of the most genuine ways to support the channel, it costs nothing at all and if you ever want to unsubscribe, it's just a simple click or tap away.
    If you'd like more information on the channel, the bike or my travels, please feel free to hop over to my website where you can find articles, photos and journals on everything Classic Rides.
    www.classic-rides.co.uk/
    Thank you,
    Matt.
    #motovlog #motorcycle #biker
  • Авто та транспорт

КОМЕНТАРІ • 108

• @mikoaj3231
    @mikoaj3231 День тому

Bit more sun and the music gets much more optimistic 😊
    It’s fun to increase the family, I love my T120 and would gladly make him a brother, let’s say… Bonneville Bobber 😂

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  День тому

A Bobber would definitely make an excellent stablemate for your T120!

• @mrbear143
    @mrbear143 3 дні тому

Congrats on the new toy

• @mikehatswell3961
    @mikehatswell3961 5 днів тому +7

Oh!!! Looks like you’re joining us with a Bonneville and a 350 Enfield 😂 two classic bikes that have their own place, you’re really going to have a ball, looking forward to seeing it, all the best buddy 👍

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  5 днів тому +10

I can neither confirm or deny that I now own a 350 Classic Reborn, you'll have to wait until the next video to know for sure 😁

• @samhill3496
      @samhill3496 5 днів тому

Sure looks thst way and if it is for the area you ride a good choice. Excellent vid Matt. Lot of classic VW's parked in there as well. Ride safe. Next time

• @jerhughes500
    @jerhughes500 День тому

Hi Matt, I’ve been offline for a bit, big changes in my life, positive ones, and am eagerly looking forward to your new ride. What a garage! I had an orange 74 westy, and will finally be back in the saddle on July 1st. I’m getting an 07 tiger 1050, from a bike mechanic, so you can imagine how mint it is, then at the end of July I’m off to northern Italy on it. Have a great weekend Matt. ✌️

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  День тому +1

Hi Jer, it's good to hear that things are on the up for you, and only a few days until you'll be out on your Tiger (I hope the nice weather returns by then!). I wish the garage was mine, there's some very lovely vehicles in there!

• @althescottishbiker
    @althescottishbiker 2 дні тому

I was worried for a second there. I thought the Bonnie was going. Glad I am wrong. Ride safe.

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  2 дні тому +1

Don't worry Al, the Bonnie isn't going anywhere.

• @TAYM
    @TAYM 5 днів тому

Absolutely brilliant😊

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  5 днів тому

I thought you might like the final scene 😁

• @aantad
    @aantad 5 днів тому

what amazing garage, perfect vans for a summer trip. Nice video!

• @pacojurado6569
    @pacojurado6569 3 дні тому

Hola Matt hacia tiempo que no veía videos tuyos encantado de verte de nuevo el video como siempre genial brabo 😊

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  3 дні тому

Thanks Paco, it’s nice to finally have weather that allows video making again.

• @PhilipStratton
    @PhilipStratton 5 днів тому

Well done. I look forward to each video. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Philip, looking forward to making more now our weather looks to have improved bit 👍

• @ignacio2919
    @ignacio2919 5 днів тому +1

I watch your videos from the Basque County. Thank you so much!

• @EastboundDwn
    @EastboundDwn 5 днів тому

Not one but two amazing motorbikes! Enjoy them rides..👍🍻

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  5 днів тому +1

I think you know exactly how great both bikes are 😄

• @akhilshah2157
    @akhilshah2157 3 дні тому

Woaah thats a RE Classic 350

• @mayimbe2198
    @mayimbe2198 5 днів тому

Loved it.

• @markpinnington1723
    @markpinnington1723 5 днів тому

Yes Matt...looking forward to next chapter. Great footage, thank you 😉

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  4 дні тому

Coming soon to a UA-cam near you Mark 👍

• @mrofnocnon
    @mrofnocnon 4 дні тому

The absolute best motorcycle and brand that there is!

• @ReelRidersPodcast
    @ReelRidersPodcast 4 дні тому

That opening sequence was positively "Thomas-Hansen-esque"!

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  4 дні тому +1

Always a compliment to be compared to the master himself 😄

• @JLo1960
    @JLo1960 5 днів тому

Love your Bonnie but looking forward to seeing what youve bought. It looks like a coming trend where bikers are downsizing and realising the joys to be had on a smaller capacity machine. Great video Matt, thanks.

• @ClassicRides

I think for the majority of riding engine size isn’t so important, but these two bikes have very different characters so I think they’ll make good stablemates.

• @mikepopelka2349
    @mikepopelka2349 5 днів тому +2

Very tricky, causing us to have to see your next video! A hardship I will have to endure!😎

• @ClassicRides

It’ll be along soon, if the weather does as it’s told 🤞

• @OddSpanner
    @OddSpanner 4 дні тому

Oh a 350 Classic J-seires :D Good choice :D
    Lovely video and I'm glad Silvie is sticking around.

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  3 дні тому +1

I'd never get rid of Silvie, but now I have two very pretty bikes with very different characters 👌🏻

• @Duvol
    @Duvol 5 днів тому

Thanks

• @ClassicRides

Thank you Paul, that's really kind!

• @1RiverWalker
    @1RiverWalker 4 дні тому

Matt, I must admit that I got a little nervous about the bonnie but then I saw you give a “I will be back soon old friend” tap on the canvas before you rode off. Looking forward to seeing what happens next! Well done!

• @ClassicRides

Don't worry Bob, Silvie is just getting a little friend to lighten the load, she'll back on the channel in no time 👍🏻

• @jonathanjeon5648
    @jonathanjeon5648 4 дні тому

When I see this bike, Crossroads by Cream gets played in my head...the original 1968 version.

• @ralphrotten1639
    @ralphrotten1639 5 днів тому +1

Hhmm. Looks like we have the same two bikes. Good choices!

• @andrewaveyard3336
    @andrewaveyard3336 4 години тому

Yep, save some miles on the Triumph by getting an Enfield…. Good choice methinks. I wondered how you would get around the storage issue…… you probably needed planning permission to extend the Outhouse. :-)

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  2 години тому +1

How dare you, it’s a purpose built motorcycle storage unit 😁

• @andrewaveyard3336
      @andrewaveyard3336 2 години тому

@@ClassicRides Of course it is 😄

• @wltrlg
    @wltrlg 5 днів тому

Well, well, interesting… 😊

• @Duvol
    @Duvol 5 днів тому

Having just checked a certain code against a certain code on my bike, I've sent you a 'Super Thanks' to give your channel a little more support. All the best Matt. Regards, Paul.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Paul, that's super kind of you, I'll turn it into petrol for the next video 🏍💨

• @maartenwuyts6569
    @maartenwuyts6569 9 годин тому

Hi Matt, always good content. Love the outfit of your bike...it all add's up like one pieceof harmony...I was wondering what kind of goggles u are wearing. I just bought some, but they create a bit of turbulance. Yours seem minimalistic with fewer edges...It might do the trick as I like my rides quiet if that makes sense :-)

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  8 годин тому

Thanks Maarten, the goggles are from Ethen, I’m afraid I don’t remember the model name but you can find them on Urban Rider’s website in the goggle section. I really like them, would definitely recommend 👌

• @mattlindsey9242
    @mattlindsey9242 3 дні тому

The shop sequence is cool. I love that style. Not huge on getting a smaller iteration of the same sryle bike. The 400 scrambler would have fit better maybe (my opinion only). These vids are great in the morning before work.

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  2 дні тому

Thanks Matt, though I disagree on a 400 Scrambler being the better option. I've never really liked the styling of Triumph's scrambler range as it's a of bit a confused design to me, trying to be retro and modern at the same time while not really achieving either. The bike I got has a more authentic style and has a completely different character than the big twin, I think it's a good stablemate.

• @mattlindsey9242
      @mattlindsey9242 2 дні тому

​@ClassicRides on that we agree. I have never understood the allure of the scrambler or dessert sled. Though I've never owned one, so it's not a fair comment on my behalf. Seems like you mix in mild off pavement duty and assumed a transalp was too modern. Nonetheless I look forward to future videos. Great work.

• @peterwillis4239
    @peterwillis4239 5 днів тому

Hi Matt, you little devil!!!
    You know, i know exactly what it is!!! Just not red!!!
    Have a great Summer on it, hope it has a name! Can't wait for your videos riding it.
    Whoop whoop. 👍👍 😅

• @ClassicRides

I’d be surprised if you didn’t know what it is Peter 😁 and yes, it has a name already (which will be revealed in two video’s time, I think).

• @peterwillis4239
      @peterwillis4239 5 днів тому

Looking forward to it Matt. It's exciting. 😁

• @porcaminosrurales3755
    @porcaminosrurales3755 5 днів тому +1

now I can ear... is a mono cylinder, is a classic exhaust whit "RE" inscription... evidently is nota a Gold Star😅

• @ClassicRides

I wouldn’t be against a Goldstar, it was on my shortlist 😁

• @MrDiegoMieres
    @MrDiegoMieres 5 днів тому

Oh boy!! I'm struggling with myself not to buy a Classic because I don't have one inch to spare... And you will make videos riding a Classic. The Devil sent you, surely.
    Can't wait to see your new adventures partner. All the best!

• @ClassicRides

I don’t have any spare space either, that’s why the Bonnie has gone into storage. Where there’s a will there’s a way! 😁

• @gavishpurohit9076
    @gavishpurohit9076 5 днів тому

Wasn't expecting a RE ngl and coming form a country (india) i wish i am wrong cux i have seen to much of RE for a lifetime still congratulations man will wait for the next vdo

• @ClassicRides

I can understand that, all I can say there won't be just one brand of bike on the channel going forward 😁

• @overlander123
    @overlander123 5 днів тому

Yes, a Classic 350 would do the job nicely.

• @nickaxe771
    @nickaxe771 5 днів тому +1

The place you parked you bike looks interesting....the Willys Jeep Caught my eye.....was it the carding shed???
    Can I ask Matt.....the tank rack you have.....I have just bought one for my 2020 T100 just to clip my hand drawn maps to.....
    But I dont want it on the tank all the time.
    Not tried it on my tank yes as I fear it damaging the paint.....THOSE SUCKERS ARE MIGHTY STRONG.
    How do you get your off Matt with out pulling chunks of paint off the tank.

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  5 днів тому +2

I don’t think it’d pull your paint off Nick, I’ve yanked mine off a few times and it’s been ok. If you’re worried though I guess I’d try getting a fingernail inside the edges of suckers and try to release the vacuum.

• @garyjamesd6331
    @garyjamesd6331 4 дні тому

Love the bike! Can I ask where you get your headgear from? Also, is the bike expensive on servicing? Thanks.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Gary, the helmet is from Hedon with Ethen Goggles and a Biltwell peak.
      The T120 can be a bit pricey on servicing, but like any bike you could get it done a lot cheaper at an independent garage or by doing it yourself.

• @garyjamesd6331
      @garyjamesd6331 4 дні тому

@@ClassicRides Thanks Matt. Watching more of your great videos.

• @IanClarke-bi3se
    @IanClarke-bi3se 5 днів тому

But what is it ? Sounds great

• @ClassicRides

All will be revealed in the next video Ian 😁

• @lesperchard3793
    @lesperchard3793 4 дні тому

Hi Matt, I did wonder when in a recent video you mentioned that you had 20k miles if you would get an upgrade, looks like your going back to RE? Maybe another Interceptor?

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  4 дні тому +1

I’m still keeping the Bonnie, but having a second bike will lighten the load on her a bit. It’s not an Interceptor though 🙂

• @samhill3496
    @samhill3496 5 днів тому

So I wonder. Does the RE have a rear disc brake

• @ClassicRides

All the modern ones do I believe 👍

• @Grumpysprout
    @Grumpysprout 5 днів тому

Royal enfield classic 500 ❤

• @ClassicRides

One of the bikes on my shortlist 👌

• @Duvol
    @Duvol 5 днів тому

Hey Matt. I have a Classic 350 in bronze chrome. If you’re joining me, you won’t regret it for a moment. Huge fan of your work on the channel, keep up the good work. Best, Paul.

• @ClassicRides

Thanks Paul, they’re great bikes. ‘If’ I got one I’m sure I’d already be super happy with it 😁

• @simsey33
    @simsey33 5 днів тому +2

How much for the VW???

• @BulletBeena
    @BulletBeena 5 днів тому

Classic 350?

• @ClassicRides

All will be revealed in the next video 😁

• @BulletBeena
      @BulletBeena 5 днів тому +1

@@ClassicRides I'm going to say a red and chrome Classic 350. Unless you have decided to steal what little viewers I have with a Bullet 🤣

• @ClassicRides

@@BulletBeenait’s not red 😁

• @BulletBeena
      @BulletBeena 5 днів тому +1

@@ClassicRides Ahh it's the bronze then. Nice!

• @porcaminosrurales3755
    @porcaminosrurales3755 5 днів тому

excellent video Matt. You can activate the subs? thanks!

• @ClassicRides

Glad you liked the video, not sure what you mean by “activate the subs” though?

• @porcaminosrurales3755
      @porcaminosrurales3755 5 днів тому

@@ClassicRides I see that it is just ambient sound, subs are not necessary thanks!

• @dhovious6247
    @dhovious6247 5 днів тому +1

Huh? Your such a tease.

• @ClassicRides

😁 you’ll have to wait until the video

• @dhovious6247
      @dhovious6247 5 днів тому

@@ClassicRidesRE Bullet 350

• @ClassicRides

@@dhovious6247it was on my shortlist of possibles 😁

• @dhovious6247
      @dhovious6247 5 днів тому +2

@@ClassicRidesPlease don’t sell the Triumph. I might never get over that.

• @ClassicRides

@@dhovious6247don’t worry, I’ll never sell the Trumpet.

• @giuseppedimari7478
    @giuseppedimari7478 4 дні тому

Volevo chiederti voglio vendermi la mia Triumph Bonneville T120 edition Diamond anno 2019 con 7200 Km come nuova e uguale alla tua solo con in originale ce ne sono 900 in tutto il mondo la mia e La 397 of 900 Ciao io chiamo dalla Germania da Göppingen di preciso

• @ClassicRides

Hi Giuseppe,
      I’m afraid I’m not sure what you’re asking exactly. Are you wanting to sell your bike?

• @giuseppedimari7478
      @giuseppedimari7478 4 дні тому

@@ClassicRides yes exactly. I have a Bonneville T120 Diamond Edition number 397 of 900. with 7200km and looks brand new, completely original. If you have interest you would be the perfect buyer which I would give my bike.

• @ClassicRides
      @ClassicRides  3 дні тому

@@giuseppedimari7478 Ah no thank you Giuseppe, I already have a nice T120 😁

• @Tired_wirey_brandy_look.
    @Tired_wirey_brandy_look. 5 днів тому +1

Without a doubt, THE classiest channel on UA-cam. Love it!
    Followed closely by @LeanIntoTheWind
    Thanks for you efforts and, Keep it coming!!!👍🏻👍🏻

• @ClassicRides

Thanks so much, that’s high praise indeed 🙏

• @goassnmane
    @goassnmane 5 днів тому +1

Nice clickbait