The Badass Shindaiwa T27

Поділитися
Вставка
  • Опубліковано 27 жов 2024

КОМЕНТАРІ • 54

• @tuckera1879
    @tuckera1879 5 років тому +2

I use one of these all day, I weedwhip 24 trailer park lawns in 2 days. It may look like crap, be heavier than hell, and make your hands feel like crap at the end of the day but it works great. I like how it always starts on the first pull and it has plenty of power.

• @thethirstymoose
    @thethirstymoose 2 роки тому +2

Just watched this..I just rebuilt my t27..today I put it all back together..new piston, rings and cylinder..I put a t270 carb on because I couldn't find a t27..I also put a t270 gas tank on so its vented..tomorrow im going to test it out

• @jaredc.3508
    @jaredc.3508 4 роки тому +4

Tell you what, the old Shindaiwa's can cut through just about anything. I've got a T-25 with just normal 0.95 string on it, can cut through some pretty thick stuff for a string.

• @JasPlun
    @JasPlun 4 роки тому +3

My Shindiawa 230 is 28 years old going strong. Put it in the shop yesterday for 1st time. Getting all new fuel lines,carb kit if needed and a new trimmer head. Going with the new Echo style trimmer head. I like the ease of string changing. Pre-EPA Shindiawas were the best you could buy IMO:P

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  4 роки тому +1

NDIrishfan71 I still use mine every week. 230 spark plug had a piece of carbon and shorted it out. Blew it out and we were back running

• @JasPlun
      @JasPlun 4 роки тому +1

@@OTAlucard I am going to rebuild the engine in the near future. As long as I live this trimmer is not going anywhere! Cost me about 150 bucks getting all the fuel lines replaced and a complete tune up and service. They also replaced the old trimmer head with the new Echo trimmer head which I like better than the Shindiawa. I like being able to re-string it without taking it a part:P

• @djyungwill
    @djyungwill 3 роки тому +2

that motor sounds straight up badass

• @LeonMTan
    @LeonMTan 5 років тому +4

im using t270 daily,good all rounder/very cheap to fix or get parts. sadly they have stopped the production line coz i heard they dont fit the new EU standard. the new shindaiwa products are going "Echoized" which i dont like,to me Echo is like the 2nds of shindaiwa.

• @treyfisse3230
    @treyfisse3230 3 роки тому +2

$20?!! You won’t go wrong. Shindaiwa is VERY well made equipment

• @truepatriot8751
    @truepatriot8751 3 роки тому +2

Picked up my T27 back in 97 and still running strong.

• @CruentusDK1
    @CruentusDK1 5 місяців тому

Bought mine in 94. Still running, even after years of running it on a commercial crew.

• @eddiereyna2998
    @eddiereyna2998 4 роки тому +1

I have four of em that I’m gonna probably sale before this year is up .
    I also have the heavy one that he talks about , the one with the two handles . I recently used it on a property that had 5’ grass and weeds and on the beltway and it handles like a monster .

• @John_D2
    @John_D2 7 років тому +12

to bad echo bought them out and did away with the real shindaiwa's.

• @djyungwill
      @djyungwill 3 роки тому +1

I was wondering why today’s Shindaiwa 2 cycle commercial trimmer sound just like echo 2620’s, that would explain why

• @mkfan6167
      @mkfan6167 5 місяців тому

@@djyungwillApparently if you buy a “shindaiwa” trimmer these days your not buying Shindaiwa, your buying Echo

• @HAUSS81
    @HAUSS81 6 місяців тому +1

I still run a T27. Love it.

• @1toolaholic
    @1toolaholic 4 роки тому +1

t-27 best trimmer ever . lost mine off trailer 3 yr ago. still hunting another. bought two new of other brands, but they cannot stay with a t-27.

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  4 роки тому

I’ve tried them all and the Shindaiwa is the best. I love the t260 also.

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  4 роки тому

Kawasaki’s are also good but the parts are way too expensive now

• @DGCoinPusher
      @DGCoinPusher 4 роки тому

Have a t-27 for sale. 45371

• @1toolaholic
      @1toolaholic 4 роки тому

@@DGCoinPusher how can i contact you about the t27

• @robkocol5664
    @robkocol5664 6 років тому +2

The Pre-EPA Shindaiwa T27 was the predecessor to the legendary T270. The engines on both are the same but the carb did prime to the outside (T27) and not back into the tank like the T270. These were "Old School Goodness" 2 cycle engines that were designed to run on Non-Ethanol gas (more power). Both also featured Non-Catalytic mufflers and fully adjustable carbs and top quality Japanese engineering. There is a reason why today Shindaiwa no longer promotes; "First to Start, Last to Quit!" The older ones would last forever with little maintenance.

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  6 років тому +1

I just picked up a Wholeeeee bunch of Shindaiwa stuff. I should've bought more. Sadly :/ but if there's ever a next time I will ! But mostly 261 model weed eaters and edgers some 282 stuff we didn't do a count but it filled the back of the pickup truck and then had to put some in trailer !

• @djyungwill
      @djyungwill 3 роки тому

don’t those have komutzu engines or something?

• @robkocol5664
      @robkocol5664 3 роки тому

@@OTAlucard Most of the guys using these commercial trimmers have no idea how it is to run equipment that the valves don't need to be constantly adjusted and have reliability with the old school Shindaiwa that never quits.

• @robkocol5664
      @robkocol5664 3 роки тому

@@OTAlucard I have tons of the old stuff too. I'm in the Metro Orlando area. Where about are you?

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  3 роки тому

@@robkocol5664 I'm about one hour from Orlando in brooksville fl

• @eminiscalperpro9729
    @eminiscalperpro9729 7 років тому +1

Don't forget to pump some fresh grease in the gearcase. Very easy, remove the line head n two metal holders(washers) and slide out the collar with a pair of pliers. the collar is the small metal piece that slips up inside gearcase seal. remove bolt on side of gearcase and pump fresh grease in until you see fresh grease coming out by the seal. u can install a grease fitting or just put the grease pump right up to the hole and pump away. slide inner shaft out and lightly grease it too. We have one of these trimmers and it has never given any problems. it was bought new in the late 80's. I've cleaned carb once and removed the screen from the muffler and grease it like i mentioned about once a year. No reason anyone would ever need anything more powerful. We don't use the t27 much b/c the shindaiwa 22T is so amazing with it's light weight n zippy power especially for our small yard. enjoy the t27/270

• @azred-minecraftandmore2313
      @azred-minecraftandmore2313 6 років тому

there is a side cap..

• @eminiscalperpro9729
      @eminiscalperpro9729 4 роки тому

@Michael Jones www.partstree.com/models/t-20-shindaiwa-string-trimmer/ they were made around the mid late 80's up until the late 90's i believe. They sold by Shindaiwa dealers and are commercial brand. They weren't ever sold at really any big box stores that I am aware of. Your's has what is called the TK carb, usually they are fairly easy to work on. This partstree link will help you if you need a little break down on it.

• @kirbyroad5743
    @kirbyroad5743 4 роки тому +2

I have a snapper even older and made by shindawa. It's 41 cc.

• @joshwyble6558
    @joshwyble6558 Рік тому

I have a Shindaiwa F18 that is from around 1992 and I thought I was upgrading 5 years ago when I bought a Stihl FS111R but after less than 40 hours of gentle use on 2 lawns that take around 6mins to trim, the Stihl is out of comission.
    That being said, the Stihl is going in the trash where it belongs (I know you might be thinking I should sell the Stihl or give it to someone before I trash it but I can't knowingly rip someone off even if it is given away I am still screwing the recipient big time with that heavy expensive piece of dogshit) so it was a $550+ lesson learned the hard way.
    I'm going back to the little soldier that has proven it's durability and toughness over the many years I have owned it..
    Shindaiwa is one of the best brands ever made and sadly enough Stihl is now at the bottom of the list. Very disappointed in Stihl I thought they were reliable but they are at least these days the Kia of weed trimmers and a complete ripoff and I would warn anyone against buying anything made by Stihl which should be spelled STEAL because that is what they do with your money on a new Stihl these days. Maybe Stihl was worth a shit back in the day but as for now, high priced dogshit and that is a compliment compared to what I really feel about that trash... Shindaiwa is the champ as far as I am concerned

• @Smurftray2010
    @Smurftray2010 3 роки тому +1

My dad had a t-27 for 10 years, he gave it me and I had it for 8 years know. Know I am having problems with it only running on choke. Any suggestions on what I can do before I take to small engine repair shop

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  3 роки тому

Could be fuel delivery issue. Could be some trash in the carburator. Are all the fuel lines not cracked and dry rotted. Could be a bunch of stuff I suppose. But the simple stuff rebuild carburetor and put new fuel lines in it.

• @pimpinpenz
    @pimpinpenz 7 років тому +2

man thats weird how it just vents to the ground lmfao

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  7 років тому

pimpinpenz I know right

@azred-minecraftandmore2313 7 років тому

I would also clean them up go through carb air filter spark plug stuff like that

• @eddiereyna2998
    @eddiereyna2998 3 роки тому

I have 4 of them and the first ones that I bought brand new were later stolen .
    I also have the one with the handle bars .

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  3 роки тому

I've tried everything pretty much. I like these the most. Best trimmer ever made imo. Don't ever sell. Always keep. Because nothing will ever beat it.

• @Vanman_fr
    @Vanman_fr 2 роки тому

Dose that 230 still run? I have one that still runs great despite never really being taken care of I believe the year is 98 but the sticker with all the information on it is completely worn away so I'm not sure

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  2 роки тому +1

Believe it or not IT STILL RUNS !!!!! i think 🤔 mine is from 1990

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  2 роки тому +1

Best ever made I suppose

• @1toolaholic
    @1toolaholic 4 роки тому

still have a 3500 from around 1980, needs a new tand but starts 3rd pull. run on a 100 to 1 gas mixture.

@azred-minecraftandmore2313 7 років тому

Haha I was given a bunch of old demo shindaiwa have one of these very very badass indeed

• @eddiecarter1369
    @eddiecarter1369 Рік тому

You tryna sell it?

• @OTAlucard
      @OTAlucard  Рік тому

Not really. Do you need one ?

• @reynaldomartinez9918
    @reynaldomartinez9918 5 років тому

They are the best
    I owe 15 units t270 t260 t230

• @jslawncare5627
    @jslawncare5627 5 років тому